Twitter Gate

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Twitter Gate

Post by Glacier »

This is too funny. an NDP MLA tries to send a private twitter message about how to malign Andrew Weaver, and sends it out publicly by accident. One has to wonder how often this happens where they don't press the right button (and I'm sure it happens on all sides).

On the Andrew Weaver point, it's interesting how the government totally loves the guy because they figure he is taking away NDP votes. Meanwhile, the NDP hates him for the same reason.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Twitter Gate

Post by GordonH »

^^^ In todays world only way to keep anything completely private, is to lock it away in ones own mind.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Rumour is that Facebook is proposing to purchase Twitter...

They will amalgamate the 2 sites and be called..

TwittFace!
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Bsuds wrote:Rumour is that Facebook is proposing to purchase Twitter...

They will amalgamate the 2 sites and be called..

TwittFace!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X36ACwwyscY
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

“Peter is my guy,” Routley tweeted to his NDP boss.

“We can plant anything we need to through him. He does a lot of mudline research and also creates memes. Some of n (sic) mine but not what I necessarily wanted to own. You may want to figure that resource into the equation.”

A quick scan of Kelly’s nearly 17,000 tweets show lots of attacks on the NDP’s opponents. Many of them employ Internet “memes,” often a nasty picture and text designed to be passed along the social-media grapevine.

One meme shows an unflattering photo of Green Party MLA Andrew Weaver and rips him for voting in favour of the Liberal budget.

Routley said there’s nothing wrong with encouraging party supporters to go after the NDP’s enemies.

What is hilarious to me from this incident is that not very long ago there was a thread here posted by the NDP-lovers bemoaning the fact that the Conservatives have "paid posters" that are paid to post on social media and internet forums, and how horrible that is. And here they are doing the same thing. Hypocrisy knows no bounds with the NDP.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson

Return to “Political Arena”