Fired for a song

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Fired for a song

Post by I Think »

As I have said before, a statesman would not feel the need to punish a folk singer.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

Folk singer or political NDP shill ??
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by mr.bandaid »

Nice of the conservatives to give this man his 15 minutes of fame. Probably sold more cd's in a day than he did in years. They're just too stupid to keep their mouths shut.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
youhavegottobekidding
Fledgling

Post by youhavegottobekidding »

[quote="Hurtlander"][quote="Donald G"]To Hurtlander ...

Their job is to facilitate Government (OF THE DAY) service to the taxpayers. Not to use THEIR interpretation of inside information in order to sewer the government. The same goes for the police who are paid by the taxpayers.

If you accept the money you do the job you are paid to do without branding your employer as an *bleep* or a saint.

well Hurtlander, Donald is absolutely CORRECT....ALL employees of the Federal Govt have documents they sign when they get hired to do exactly as Donald says.........I guess you are just wrong again???
Ub2
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Ub2 »

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/pol/doc-eng.aspx?id=25049

The Role of Federal Public Servants

Federal public servants have a fundamental role to play in serving Canadians, their communities and the public interest under the direction of the elected government and in accordance with the law. As professionals whose work is essential to Canada's well-being and the enduring strength of the Canadian democracy, public servants uphold the public trust.

The Constitution of Canada and the principles of responsible government provide the foundation for the role, responsibilities and values of the federal public sector.[1] Constitutional conventions of ministerial responsibility prescribe the appropriate relationships among ministers, parliamentarians, public servants[2] and the public. A professional and non-partisan federal public sector is integral to our democracy.

Expected Behaviours

Federal public servants are expected to conduct themselves in accordance with the values of the public sector and these expected behaviours.

Respect For Democracy
Public servants shall uphold the Canadian parliamentary democracy and its institutions by:
1.1 Respecting the rule of law and carrying out their duties in accordance with legislation, policies and directives in a non-partisan and impartial manner.
1.2 Loyally carrying out the lawful decisions of their leaders and supporting ministers in their accountability to Parliament and Canadians.
1.3 Providing decision makers with all the information, analysis and advice they need, always striving to be open, candid and impartial.
Respect For People
Public servants shall respect human dignity and the value of every person by:
2.1 Treating every person with respect and fairness.
2.2 Valuing diversity and the benefit of combining the unique qualities and strengths inherent in a diverse workforce.
2.3 Helping to create and maintain safe and healthy workplaces that are free from harassment and discrimination.
2.4 Working together in a spirit of openness, honesty and transparency that encourages engagement, collaboration and respectful communication.
Integrity
Public servants shall serve the public interest by:
3.1 Acting at all times with integrity and in a manner that will bear the closest public scrutiny, an obligation that may not be fully satisfied by simply acting within the law.
3.2 Never using their official roles to inappropriately obtain an advantage for themselves or to advantage or disadvantage others.
3.3 Taking all possible steps to prevent and resolve any real, apparent or potential conflicts of interest between their official responsibilities and their private affairs in favour of the public interest.
3.4 Acting in such a way as to maintain their employer's trust.
Stewardship
Public servants shall use resources responsibly by:
4.1 Effectively and efficiently using the public money, property and resources managed by them.
4.2 Considering the present and long-term effects that their actions have on people and the environment.
4.3 Acquiring, preserving and sharing knowledge and information as appropriate.
Excellence
Public servants shall demonstrate professional excellence by:
5.1 Providing fair, timely, efficient and effective services that respect Canada's official languages.
5.2 Continually improving the quality of policies, programs and services they provide.
5.3 Fostering a work environment that promotes teamwork, learning and innovation.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

If you accept the money you do the job you are paid to do without branding your employer as an *bleep* or a saint.

does that apply to god fearing loons who work for the govt?
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To lakevixen ...

IMO it mostly includes God fearing government unionized loons who work for the taxpayers but get a cheque from the Government.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Now if only harper and his ilk obeyed the rules set out above.
We're lost but we're making good time.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

To I Think ...

Perhaps you and the NDP hacks who created the situation should set an example of proper civil service behaviour ??
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

Return to “Political Arena”