CON majority

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
logicalview
Guru

Re: CON majority

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:Strategic voting is essential.

In most ridings that is the NDP if you want the Cons gone.

Why would people vote for a party that is in third and tanking so fast that they may end up below the Greens? Give your head a shake George.
Not afraid to say "It".
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Strategic voting.

You do not understand it.

The 70% who do not want Harper, do.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

George+ wrote:Strategic voting.

Except that pretty much every single "vote strategic" has been actually a "vote NDP". That isn't strategy at that point it is a campaign plan to try to con votes out of people instead of putting up a party and platform people could actually support.

I think it has been a rather sleazy NDP vote getting mission overall. If you were truly thinking about anyone but Harper the choice has become quite clearly not the NDP.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I honestly do not think it's possible for a Conservative majority. There are simply too many Canadians like like Steven Lloyd, Merry, and flamingfingers who helped elected the current majority government who will never support Harper again.
Last edited by Glacier on Oct 6th, 2015, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Glacier wrote:I honestly do not think it's possible for a Conservative majority. Are are simply too many Canadians like like Steven Lloyd, Merry, and flamingfingers who helped elected the current majority government who will never support Harper again.

Except that SL is voting NDP in a riding that already is strong NDP, while Merry and FF are in ridings that elect Conservatives. That's nice that these people say they voted Conservative last time (which I highly doubt) but it will come down to the swing ridings, and Ontario. With the NDP losing steam, it's now a two-horse race. Will Justin be able to keep his giant trap shut and not say something dumb? We've been waiting the entire election for it to happen, and the odds may be in favor of that happening. And that's all it is going to take to push the Conservatives into majority territory.

If I was Justin, I'd already be sending people over to measure the Stornaway and 22 Sussex Drive residences. He should be pretty familiar with 22 Sussex having grown up there.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:Strategic voting.

so then if this truly is the case, they should all vote Liberal, as the NDP is just a diseased carcass waiting to die.
Not afraid to say "It".
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I guess if you say nothing you risk nothing.
I think so far Trudeau has by far exceeded the expectations set by the Conservatives, they better play a different hand. These ads that joke about his hair, experience etc. is kinda backfiring.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

The Liberals are not really the party of Change. They have had their chances...did nothing.

If you want Change the NDP can eliminate Harper and produce real Change.
The Liberals are simply splitting the vote, along with the Bloc and the Greens.

If they vote strategically for the second place party, in each riding, from 2011,

Then we will get the government we deserve.
Youagain?

Post by Youagain? »

George+ wrote:The Liberals are not really the party of Change. They have had their chances...did nothing.

If they vote strategically for the second place party, in each riding, from 2011,

A change just for change sakes is just stupid. A change to 'stupid' does nothing for this country except save a few union jobs.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

a change to stupid is better than staying with inept and nazish
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

There is nothing stupid about NDP policy.

Indeed, they have moved closer to the center than the Liberals.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

George+ wrote:There is nothing stupid about NDP policy.

Indeed, they have moved closer to the center than the Liberals.

Except they haven't.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

George+ wrote:The Liberals are not really the party of Change. They have had their chances...did nothing.

You always state that it's everyone else that is splitting the vote away from the NDP, why can't you see that really it is the NDP splitting the vote away from the liberals?

When they looked like they had a chance no one was crying this age old excuse, but the second they drop in the polls there it comes again "someone else did this".....always blaming others never getting their act together. So far this really is looking to be a repeat of the BC election with the same excuses and nothing ever learned.
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

George+ wrote:There is nothing stupid about NDP policy.

Oh my ribs. Please stop it George, I can't keep laughing this hard...
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

maryjane48 wrote:a change to stupid is better than staying with inept and nazish

Unless the change is stupid, inept and nazish, all of which sum up the NDP.
Not afraid to say "It".

Return to “Political Arena”