Alberta NDP screws up yet again

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: Alberta NDP screws up yet again

Post by The Green Barbarian »

maryjane48 wrote:
i do recall someone saying the wildrose is who should have won bahahaha

Of course they should have won. The NDP sucks.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

The Green Barbarian wrote:No, we should start with Christy, and her counterpart in stupidity and sloth, Horgan. Both the NDP and the Liberals have lost the right to represent the people of BC, and both parties should be dissolved, as both engage in and are rife with corruption and controlled by special interests.

I am impressed with Dan Brooks' pledge to put an end to corporate and union donations to political parties, same as was done federally.

I'm finding the BC Conservatives to have a lot of important values that are woefully lacking in the bought-and-paid-for Libs and disgusting NDP.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^So get with it and do your part to get the BC Cons into shape to run in the next election!!!! We simply have to get rid of the ChristyLiberals!! I will vote for ANY party that has the BEST chance to beat the ChristyLiberal Scumballs!!!
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote: I will vote for ANY party that has the BEST chance to beat the ChristyLiberal Scumballs!!!

Yeah right.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^RIGHT!!!!
Chill
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

flamingfingers wrote:^^RIGHT!!!!

LOL
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

right as long as it is ndp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=65288

looks like the righties get caught lying again lol it was the pc and oil execs themselves who started the change to albertas climate plan not the ndp :)

"The fact that there was a new government and the sense that there was going to be action — and probably some of this carries from Prentice as well — there was a different level of conversation. Just the simple fact that we had Greenpeace representatives in our oil and gas technical sessions, that's probably a change."

Those changes won't stop with Sunday's announcement.

The panel report acknowledges that the greenhouse gas reductions it estimates won't bring Alberta into line with what would keep global warming under two degrees C.

"What we've laid out is a path to increase the stringency over time," Leach said.

He points out that the international competitiveness of almost 20 per cent of the Alberta economy is directly affected by carbon prices. He insists a $30-a-tonne carbon price is as high as Alberta can go without simply shifting emissions to other jurisdictions.

"If there are more stringent polices applied in our competitor and peer jurisdictions, then the costs of imposing policies in Alberta become much lower. I don't think this is the last greenhouse gas policy that Alberta will ever announce."

For now, though, he calls Alberta's policy more comprehensive than anything proposed by the province's critics, including the United State or the European Union.

And on Sunday, representatives of Forest Ethics —a group that once tried to get Americans to stop buying Alberta oil — stood on the same stage as the four companies behind most of the industry's growth.

Said Harris: "It was just a matter of talking."
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

Alberta's carbon tax should comfort OPEC amid Paris climate talks
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/opec-cl ... -1.3343097
Shared via the CBC News Android App

looks like notleys in bed with big oil :)
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Rwede »

Actually, Notley is in bed with Big Labour.

The guy she sleeps with is Lou Arab, and he works for the Canadian Union of Public Employees as a communications official and has at times served as a spokesman for the union.

A conflict of interest? Oh ya. http://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/ ... union-role
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.

Return to “Political Arena”