Central Okanagan—Similkameen—Nicola - Polls?

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
marooned
Board Meister

Central Okanagan—Similkameen—Nicola - Polls?

Post by marooned »

Anyone out there have any inclination of how this newly redesigned riding is shaping up? Comparisons to the old riding are being used (with Albas showing 55% support) but I sense that adding a good slice of downtown Kelowna could change the complexion of the riding. My bias is ABC, so I am interested in who the leading progressive is.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Central Okanagan—Similkameen—Nicola - Polls?

Post by George+ »

Vote strategically.

NDP has been second in this riding.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

George+ wrote:Vote strategically.

Assuming you have been following on [url]votetogether.ca[/url]...
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

I'm ABTM so probably voting Liberal. I sure don't want an NDP MP, no way, no how. They are just awful.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

So you like Trudeau and his patronage buddies?
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Vote strategically.

It should be blatantly obvious, without restating it, that this is 2015 and not 2011. But since that hasn't sunk in perhaps this excerpt from the latest commentary from Nik Nanos will:
"It took about 66 days for Canadians to figure out who the main challenger would be to (Conservative Leader) Stephen Harper, and it ended up being (Liberal Leader) Justin Trudeau," Nanos said. "The reality is that the NDP, although there's good will toward them, have been squeezed by strategic voters."

Nanos said the shift from NDP to Liberal support can be seen in the two parties' trend lines, which have been mirror images of each other in the last month.

"When the NDP went up, the Liberals went down, and when the Liberals went up, the NDP went down," he said. "So what we've seen is movement from the New Democrats towards the Liberals in order to block Stephen Harper."

So, because of the strategic voting movement your party is losing support but you still don't get it.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

George+ wrote:So you like Trudeau and his patronage buddies?

what are you saying George? That I should vote Conservative? Because if I ever vote NDP start stocking food immediately, as the zombie apocalypse is upon us.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Urbane, the NDP has been second in these ridings for a long time.

They are the bst vote as the Liberals are just the same od, same old.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

George+ wrote:Urbane, the NDP has been second in these ridings for a long time.

They are the bst vote as the Liberals are just the same od, same old.
You fail to mention that the NDP was a distant second last time and you also fail to mention that according to the lastest poll the Liberals are in second place in the Central Okanagan - Similkameen - Nicola riding. Conservatives are sitting at 42.0%, Liberals at 25.1%, NDP at 22.4%, and the Greens at 10%. While it may not matter much one way or the other in this riding you're handing out the advice that people should ignore the current levels of support for each party and instead revert to the 2011 election results in each riding. Bad advice! No wonder the NDP never wins federally and rarely wins provincially. Backward thinking!
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

The Green Barbarian wrote:what are you saying George? That I should vote Conservative? Because if I ever vote NDP start stocking food immediately, as the zombie apocalypse is upon us.
That would seem to be George's advice for anyone not wanting the NDP to win the seat. He suggests anyone not wanting the Conservatives to win should vote NDP but the flip side of that is that anyone not wanting the NDP to win the seat should vote Conservative. Of course George's advice is flawed.

From Keith Baldrey on Twitter:
Keith Baldrey ‏@keithbaldrey 2h2 hours ago

Wow. Two polls out today have NDP in 3rd place in BC and dropping. Trudeau may be a steamroller. #elxn42
29 retweets 18 favorites
Keith Baldrey ‏@keithbaldrey 4h4 hours ago

Be mindful of margin of error but latest Ipsos Reid conjures up comparisons to Liberal sweep of BC in 1968. Double digit lead. #elxn42
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Don't know if anyone else has this perception, but to me it seems as though this Federal Election is about Harper, Trudeau and Mulcair... PERIOD. There have been no candidates from any of the three parties, knocking on doors in my neighborhood. It seems there has been very little reference to the local candidates who are seeking election to Parliament. We see lots of signs around the Central Okanagan, but aside from that, not much from any of them.
marooned
Board Meister

Post by marooned »

I echo the concern that this election is really about leaders, not parties and their candidates. It's symptomatic of the way our government has been controlled for the past decade, but is also lazy reporting as it's not like you see anyone but the CBC shine a light on local candidates.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Polls are totally meaningless.
*removed*
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Oct 19th, 2015, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Previously posted in another thread.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

George+ wrote:Polls are totally meaningless.

So the polls show the NDP leading in the Shuswap. Meaningless?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Yes. Meaningless. And should not influnce voters.
Should have better reasons then polls.

Return to “Political Arena”