Thank you Mulcair

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Re: Thank you Mulcair

Post by GordonH »

^^^ GB may be that not a bad idea, maximum 2 term as PM.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
twobits
Guru

Post by twobits »

GordonH wrote:^^^ GB may be that not a bad idea, maximum 2 term as PM.

I have to agree with that. You give any leader more than that and personal ego becomes dangerous. I have been conservative all of my life and this election had me, for the first time in my life, seriously conflicted as to how to cast my ballot. I agree, and think I always will, with conservative fiscal policy. Where they really lost me was the Christian moral slant. They veiled it but it was there from everything to crime to opinions on MJ. IMO,the progressive portion of PC disappeared and became SH's view.

In my own Penticton riding, as a Capitalist thru to the heart who preaches fiscal prudence, that drinks more wine and beer than he probably should, has friends that happen to swing differently than the Catholic Church would approve of, doesn't give a crap if someone steps outside to burn some weed.......how could I vote for a 30 yo self described Evangelical Christian to be my MP?
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard.
Tacklewasher
Übergod

Post by Tacklewasher »

Sometimes I wish our leaders could take a longer view of policies. Some economic change can take 10 years to develop. The trouble with term limits is it forces more short-term thinking at the expense of long-term policies.

But it does seem like 2 terms is the most any of the recent leaders should have been in power. Thinking Chretien as much as Harper.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

Unless you are NDP, at which point the maximum term should be 2 seconds. :)
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

I don't believe in term limits, look how useless the US presidents are a couple years before the end.
Maybe people should consider voting them away instead.

Return to “Political Arena”