A Letter to the Prime Minister

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

A Letter to the Prime Minister

Post by I Think »

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/10/24 ... 20Politics

This article is well worth reading, it speaks to the quality of our new Prime Minister.
We're lost but we're making good time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Re: A Letter to the Prime Minister

Post by The Green Barbarian »

•Rebuild Canada’s name on the world stage. I was once proud to sew my flag on my backpack. Now, I’m ashamed of my country. We can become peacekeepers again. We can be examples to the world of how we educate our youth, support our vulnerable people, and protect our mountain streams.

Whoever started the propaganda that somehow Canada's name needs to be rebuilt on the world stage deserves a medal, as I can't believe how many gullible people have bought into this crap. Unbelievable. First of all, Canada barely has a name on any world stage. Most countries barely know we exist. And again with the peace-keeping blarney. Where or where is Canada supposed to go sit on a beach and "peace-keep" right now? As I said, good job whoever was able to get the public to swallow this giant load of nonsense that our image abroad has somehow suffered. It hasn't. But that's not important. People here think it has. So that's all that matters.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Whoever started the propaganda that somehow Canada's name needs to be rebuilt on the world stage deserves a medal, as I can't believe how many gullible people have bought into this crap.

Didn't you know that Canada was over in Europe during WW2 doing some peacekeeping? Now it's not peacekeeping because they are shooting guns and killing people. No Canadian ever killed anyone during WW2.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

No Canadian ever killed anyone during WW2.

Nope, and no Canadian was killed while "peacekeeping" during WW2. Oh wait, my two uncles were in Normandy. At ages 19 and 20, 5 weeks apart. But hey, they and their parents and sibs were happy to make that sacrifice so that morons like Casandra Fletcher have the freedom to post about what a terrible country we live in. Peacekeeping indeed.

Back to the "letter". Funny, but that appeared to be Casandra's first post on FB. She has posted two since then but none before. Why is that? And the picture she posted of her supposedly posting the letter to Trudeau is also very odd. First of all there is no postage on the letter. Now there doesn't have to be, but Casandra seems to know that but not how to correctly address Justin which would have been "The Honourable Justin Trudeau". But heck, he is a man of the people, just one of us so no need for proper titles.

That is a huge envelope in which to send what would amount to a couple of pages at most. It also seems to be an envelope either from a Canadian business or a govenment department with that big ole Canadian flag in the upper left hand corner. Oddly enough there is also a 'water is a human right' logo on the bottom right hand corner. Wow, what a co incidence! Casandra apparently is a big supporter of water as a human right, and so are Justin's mother and wife! In fact Margaret is the honorary president of Wateraid, and Sophie has taken trips to Ethiopia with her on their behalf. That right there would make you think that Casandra would be happy to vote Liberal!

Casandra says she lives on the Sunshine Coast. It was 13 degrees in the evening on the sunshine coast on Monday. Why is she wearing a parka with fur trim in such balmy weather? It was -8 in Ottawa though - buuurrrrrr.

So I think Casandra voted Liberal because she is one. I also think the picture is very odd - and why bother sending a letter snail mail when you have already posted it via Facebook? For those gulible people, I know. But who knows where the picture was really taken and who it is of. Lol.
Last edited by Carmencat on Oct 25th, 2015, 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

Carmencat wrote:It also seems to be an envelope either from a Canadian business or a govenment department with that big ole Canadian flag in the upper left hand corner.

It looks like this logo.

" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I believe you are right, Smoke. Awe shucks, she isn't just some mom who is confused about who to vote for and is hoping for the best. She either works for or is close enough to the organization to pilfer their envelopes for personal use. Obviously Justin was left leaning enough for her, or maybe she really is a liberal. Either way she isn't the political neophyte she claims to be.

The Council of Canadians is a left leaning non-profit organization that advocates for clean water, fair trade, green energy, public health care, and a vibrant democracy.[1] The organization is headquartered in Ottawa, Ontario with regional offices in Halifax, Toronto, Edmonton and Vancouver and a network of local chapters across the country.[2]
Ka-El
Buddha of the Board

Post by Ka-El »

Carmencat wrote: The Council of Canadians is a left leaning non-profit organization that advocates for clean water, fair trade, green energy, public health care, and a vibrant democracy.[1]

Oh no!!! What could be more evil?
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Ka-El wrote:Oh no!!! What could be more evil?
A right leaning non-profit organization that advocates for clean water, fair trade, green energy, public health care, and a vibrant democracy.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Glacier has a fantasy;
A right leaning non-profit organization that advocates for clean water, fair trade, green energy, public health care, and a vibrant democracy.
We're lost but we're making good time.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

I Think wrote:Glacier has a fantasy;

Here's a bigger fantasy - the NDP actually grows a brain and presents an electable alternative on the federal scene.

Like it or not, both left and right wings, in their own ways, want a better world. They just go about it in different ways. More center-right groups want these things, but they want free enterprise to find better solutions, rather than saddling the government with these expenditures, and the bureaucracy necessary for government to even attempt such endeavors.

The Council of Canadians wants clean water, fair trade (whatever the hell that is), green energy (which will cause energy prices to sky-rocket like they did in Ontario, but who cares right, anything is justifiable when you invoke the man-made climate change fable), public health care (which we already have so I assume this is some sort of anti-private health care nonsense) and a "vibrant" democracy - translation - they want to an electoral system where the NDP gets more seats even though they are unelectable for anyone above the IQ of a house plant. They want all of these things, at the expense of the government, through higher taxes and destruction of the entire economy. In short, what they want no sane person would agree to, because it is completely unworkable and unrealistic. Calling the Council of Canadians left-wing is like calling Kim Jong Un somewhat unbalanced. They are borderline commies. And expecting them to come up with anything that is actually workable is the fantasy here, not what Glacier wrote.
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The Green Barbarian wrote:The Council of Canadians wants...
The Council of Canadians is a far left radical group that tries to do political activism under the guise of charity. Remember this "brave" Page who got herself fired for "standing up to Harper?" She wasn't a Page for long at all. She applied for, and took the job specifically so she could do this.

You might think "what's the big deal?" It's a young Canadian standing up for her beliefs, right? - Wrong.

The Page (Brigette DePape) is a paid professional protester. So, "what's the big deal?" She's obviously working for a charity environmentalist - or - rights group, standing up for Canadians, right? - Wrong.

DePape works for a group deceptively called "The Council of Canadians. They're one of these groups who had their charity status revoked because they are actually a political group (which btw was fraud).

The COC is a far left advocacy group, who’ve generously supported the culture of violence we’ve seen in far-left protests since the Battle of Seattle at the 1999 WTO. Their leader Maude Barlow has advocated for people who smashed windows at the 2001 Summit of the Americas in Quebec city.

But hey, at least they're far left Canadians (committing a little vandalism), standing up for their rights, right? - Wrong.

The COC have been exposed as receiving a large portion of their funding from the Tides USA foundation. The Tides USA foundation has been exposed as being a front for Saudi oil interests.

A large portion of the anti-Harper propaganda and protests you saw over the course of the past several years was organized - and paid for by the tides foundation.

The pipeline protest on Burnaby mountain?

Paid for by Tides, organised by the COC, and a large portion of the protesters were paid to be there. The rest were what these far left people like to call "useful idiots." (DePape was there)

DePape did her part in our election by starting the iconic "stop Harper" image, then mobilizing the youth vote to oust the former PM. But again, this was not done in your interests. It was funded by foreign oil interests looking to reduce competition, by encouraging Canadians to shut down development of resources, and harm our own economy.

- Douglas Murray
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Glacier wrote:
Paid for by Tides, organised by the COC, and a large portion of the protesters were paid to be there. The rest were what these far left people like to call "useful idiots." (DePape was there)

It was Lenin who coined the term "useful idiots" when he was referring to communist sympathizers in the US and Europe. He knew these people weren't very bright but could be useful to his cause. It's no surprise that the Depape gang would use the same phrase, as they are communists too.
GrooveTunes
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by GrooveTunes »

The Council of Canadians is a far left radical group that tries to do political activism under the guise of charity. Remember this "brave" Page who got herself fired for "standing up to Harper?" She wasn't a Page for long at all. She applied for, and took the job specifically so she could do this.

You might think "what's the big deal?" It's a young Canadian standing up for her beliefs, right? - Wrong.

The Page (Brigette DePape) is a paid professional protester. So, "what's the big deal?" She's obviously working for a charity environmentalist - or - rights group, standing up for Canadians, right? - Wrong.

DePape works for a group deceptively called "The Council of Canadians. They're one of these groups who had their charity status revoked because they are actually a political group (which btw was fraud).

The COC is a far left advocacy group, who’ve generously supported the culture of violence we’ve seen in far-left protests since the Battle of Seattle at the 1999 WTO. Their leader Maude Barlow has advocated for people who smashed windows at the 2001 Summit of the Americas in Quebec city.

But hey, at least they're far left Canadians (committing a little vandalism), standing up for their rights, right? - Wrong.

The COC have been exposed as receiving a large portion of their funding from the Tides USA foundation. The Tides USA foundation has been exposed as being a front for Saudi oil interests.

A large portion of the anti-Harper propaganda and protests you saw over the course of the past several years was organized - and paid for by the tides foundation.

The pipeline protest on Burnaby mountain?

DePape did her part in our election by starting the iconic "stop Harper" image, then mobilizing the youth vote to oust the former PM. But again, this was not done in your interests. It was funded by foreign oil interests looking to reduce competition, by encouraging Canadians to shut down development of resources, and harm our own economy.

Image[/quote]

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/shell-carmon-creek-oilsands-pipeline-uncertainty-1.3292093
All posts are my opinion unless otherwise noted.

Return to “Political Arena”