The Canadian Government

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Canadian Government

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

The Green Barbarian wrote:So who cares.

Seems you do GB. You posted the most on this thread :-)
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:Seems you do GB. You posted the most on this thread :-)

Good point. :)
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
Hurtlander
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Hurtlander »

The Green Barbarian wrote:Your link goes nowhere. It actually began in 2010 and ended in 2011. So no, I'm not "wrong again". Good grief, just admit it guys, you are crying about something that is over 4 years old and long gone.

The article clearly states that federal ministries were sent an official memo in late 2010 to immediately begin referring to the CPC as the "Harper government" on all official letterheads and correspondence. The article wasn't even written until March 2011...heres another 2011 link to the news story from the Globe..
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/pol ... cle569222/

Unless you can provide a link that the governments official use of the term "Harper Government" which officially began in 2011, also officially ended in 2011, you best put on your big boy pants and admit you're wrong.
Póg Mo Thoin
No longer proud to be born in British Columbia.
George+
Walks on Forum Water

Post by George+ »

Long pause while GB tries desperately to find anything of credibility.

Hopefully, the Canadian government will regain some, shortly.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

News media does it all the time.

i.e Clark Government, Trudeau Government (father), Mulroney Government even outside of Canada Obama Government….. Cameron Government etc…. etc…. etc

That been happening for as long as I've been around. Now if I'd would see it on billboards or any of the Federal Projects (TV Ads), that would be a problem. Internally within Party ranks/caucus who really give a damn.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Two Canadian prime ministers in one shot.

Last edited by Glacier on Oct 29th, 2015, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
jamapple
Übergod

Post by jamapple »

The Green Barbarian wrote:
I don't remember this, as it never actually happened. Yet another urban myth, that was immediately swallowed wholesale. Just like the myth that he supposedly said that Canadians wouldn't recognize Canada after he was through with it. Yet no one can actually find a speech anywhere that he said this. It was completely invented in 2006 by a Liberal attack ad. But who cares right?

Right, who cares, just move on before you get an ulcer.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

George+ wrote:Long pause while GB tries desperately to find anything of credibility.

Long pause of what? This is such a ludicrous topic, but of course, all the usual numbskulls are still blabbing away about it. What are you guys going to complain about now that Harper, and his "government", are gone? That's the big question here!
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

jamapple wrote:
Right, who cares, just move on before you get an ulcer.

Exactly.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

GordonH wrote:News media does it all the time.

i.e Clark Government, Trudeau Government (father), Mulroney Government even outside of Canada Obama Government….. Cameron Government etc….

Trudeau Government sounds fantastic !!

The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

SmokeOnTheWater wrote:
Trudeau Government sounds fantastic !!
]

The second time around I hope you are right. The first time around it was a shit-show.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

The Green Barbarian wrote:What are you guys going to complain about now that Harper, and his "government", are gone? That's the big question here!

I agree with you. Trudeau will be so perfect that there will be nothing to complain about.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Wondering how long the honeymoon will last. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

doesnt matter , harpers gonzo
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Trudeau announced in Ottawa today that he will reconsider aspects of the Federal budget.

"After examining the budget in greater detail, we concede that the Federal deficit is far worse than expected," he said. He added:

"This does not mean that we will abandon our policies, but merely adapt them to make them more economically efficient. For example, we could abrogate certain laws that hurt the poor so as to remove barriers to their success and allow them to better fend for themselves. We can also fast track work visas for refugees who find their own way to Canada so that they too can better fend for themselves in the labour market. Unfortunately we won't be able to bring them here and they will have to find their own way though."

Stephen Harper and Thomas Mulcair have both reacted to the news with dismay. "Though I'm happy that Mr. Trudeau is reconsidering some of his spending promises, I think it tells us something of the integrity of a man who was prepared to promise everything to everyone never having intended to live up to his promises," Harper said.

Mr. Mulcair was also critical of Mr. Trudeau's apparent decision to reconsider many of his promises. "It's the usual Liberal bait and switch," he said.

Mr. Trudeau said he will elaborate on his new policy position tomorrow.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray

Return to “Political Arena”