Trudeau unmuzzles scientists.

Civilized, with a Bickering Room for those who aren't.
driveangry
Übergod

Re: Trudeau un-muzzles scientists.

Post by driveangry »

So when can we expect to hear from these "un-muzzled" scientists ?

Almost ten years of Harper, you would think they would have something to say.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Omnitheo wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/scientists-ministers-get-green-light-to-speak-under-trudeau-1.3307679?cmp=rss

Ask and you shall receive.

A promise to bring to light the censored science is not the same thing as bringing forward the science that was censored.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

Omnitheo wrote:http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/scientists-ministers-get-green-light-to-speak-under-trudeau-1.3307679?cmp=rss

Ask and you shall receive.

Yes we already know that they are unmuzzled, so lets hear about what they were not allowed to talk about. 10 years of being muzzled you would think they would have something to say.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

driveangry wrote:So when can we expect to hear from these "un-muzzled" scientists ?

whats the rush
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

maryjane48 wrote:whats the rush
Well you'd think after ten years of being silenced like the anti Harper crowd has claimed they'd have lots to share.!
The silence is deafening though isn't it.!
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Trudeau unmuzzles scientists.

Post by maryjane48 »

my point was i dnt understand why this would have to be done in few weks when its possible someone might have to vet what all can be said . if it could be classified or not .
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

maryjane48 wrote:my point was i dnt understand why this would have to be done in few weks when its possible someone might have to vet what all can be said . if it could be classified or not .
So this thread may be a lie, and their still muzzled.? How can that be as you and others who lean left have claimed that was only a Harper rule.!
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

If they had to sign a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement while employed during the Harper years they won't be able to divulge anything to the public.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

oneh2obabe wrote:If they had to sign a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement while employed during the Harper years they won't be able to divulge anything to the public.

What a fun win win scenario. If they have nothing to say it is because Harper still has them muzzled but if something does come out it is due to Trudeau saving us all. Cake and eat it too arguments are always fun.

So either the thread title is true or it isn't due to NDA's, you can't have both.
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

IF they had to sign a NDA, they would be bound to it depending on whether a time constraint was one of the stipulations. Wouldn't make a difference if a new government came into power. Hell, I signed a NDA years ago with a firm that and according to the terms of the original NDA, will be free to talk about the work completed in 2020. Was the work of national importance? No, but the NDA was part and parcel of the contract that I'm still bound to even though the original company has been bought out by a competitor.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

oneh2obabe wrote:IF they had to sign a NDA, they would be bound to it depending on whether a time constraint was one of the stipulations. Wouldn't make a difference if a new government came into power. Hell, I signed a NDA years ago with a firm that and according to the terms of the original NDA, will be free to talk about the work completed in 2020. Was the work of national importance? No, but the NDA was part and parcel of the contract that I'm still bound to even though the original company has been bought out by a competitor.
Hogwash! If that was the case then why not simply state that ? Nothing stopping them from stating this except the fact it probably isn't the case.
SmokeOnTheWater
Walks on Forum Water

Post by SmokeOnTheWater »

driveangry wrote:So when can we expect to hear from these "un-muzzled" scientists ?

When ? They will be able to say anything they want from now on instead of this :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/faq-the-issues-around-muzzling-government-scientists-1.3079537

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/federal-scientists-closely-monitored-during-polar-conference-1.1248559
" Nature is not a place to visit. It is home. " ~ Gary Snyder
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

Without Harper the Horrible forcing silence on scientists, bureaucrats and diplomats, Canada is in the process of becoming a better country.
We're lost but we're making good time.
driveangry
Übergod

Post by driveangry »

I Think wrote:Without Harper the Horrible forcing silence on scientists, bureaucrats and diplomats, Canada is in the process of becoming a better country.

Yes the roar of information from silenced scientists is deafening, isn't it.

Return to “Political Arena”