Monday, October 20th12.9°C
23836
22916

B.C. teachers rule on class size

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby goatboy » Nov 8th, 2012, 8:57 pm

George+ wrote:That would probably be because you are a top 10%er! :dyinglaughing:
Have a good one.


I am. What's wrong with that? Unlike you I don't feel any reason to not admit it. In fact, I'm quite happy to be one and as I said, it's not that much of a stretch to be one.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4723
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 738 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby Veovis » Nov 8th, 2012, 9:13 pm

George just likes to play the victim while being a HAVE and not a have not.

I'm not a 10% er but that's been due to choices I made for what was best for my life, I just don't run around acting entitled and demanding large dreams be paid by other people. Then make up my wages and profession while I do it.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2565
Likes: 87 posts
Liked in: 453 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby George+ » Nov 9th, 2012, 9:46 am

Guess goatboy, as a top 10%er, will have to pay
more taxes soon to help with Health and Education.

No more free rides for the big bucks people.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7392
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby goatboy » Nov 9th, 2012, 3:21 pm

George+ wrote:Guess goatboy, as a top 10%er, will have to pay
more taxes soon to help with Health and Education.

No more free rides for the big bucks people.


You seem really glib and happy about that. Jealousy is an ugly trait George. Still in denial about your membership in the club though, huh. George you've shown yourself to be quite adept at not telling the truth about yourself. Why, are you ashamed about yourself?
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4723
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 738 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby George+ » Nov 10th, 2012, 11:14 am

Not in the 10% club-you helped prove that.

Paying my fair share.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7392
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 10th, 2012, 12:25 pm

George+ wrote:Not in the 10% club-you helped prove that.

Paying my fair share.


Wait George. In the past I have asked everyone using the ludicrous phrase "fair share" to define it, and not one of you ever has. I realize the power of using undefined phrases, in that therefore you can wield it at will and never be held to any account, but the inherent weakness is that then this phrase is also highly subjective. I did laugh heartily at how you have assigned yourself the accolade of paying your fair share, so that you can walk about in society with the self-imposed guilt-less feeling that you are indeed giving back all you should be, but here's where the subjectivity comes in - I don't think that you are paying your fair share. There still is homelessness, drug abuse, child "poverty" and hunger out there. So therefore, you aren't paying your fair share. Those things wouldn't exist if you paid in much much more of your teacher's pension. So I do not therefore absolve you of guilt. You should feel just as guilty as every other liberal out there for the fact that you don't pay enough to society. You do NOT pay your fair share George - and shame on you.
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10697
Likes: 1620 posts
Liked in: 2421 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 9:13 am

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby goatboy » Nov 10th, 2012, 3:42 pm

George+ wrote:Not in the 10% club-you helped prove that.

Paying my fair share.


Whatever George. If you feel the need to not be paid what a senior manager in social services should be paid, I can only assume its because you're not worth it. Guess we've saved the taxpayers some money on your salary then. Kinda pathetic though when you're too embarrassed to acknowledge that you earn a descent wage, just to try and make yourself look more righteous. It's not working BTW.

Paying my fair share too, and if what you say is true, I'm actually paying more than you are.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4723
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 738 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby George+ » Nov 10th, 2012, 8:55 pm

I showed you social workers wages.

Definitely NOT in the top 10%

Along with teachers.

Even in administration.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7392
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby goatboy » Nov 10th, 2012, 9:29 pm

George+ wrote:I showed you social workers wages.

Definitely NOT in the top 10%

Along with teachers.

Even in administration.


George, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, it's like talking to a kid. I showed that the top 10% earn around $75k+ a year. Teachers make that after 10 years. If you want to believe they're not in the top 10%, then go ahead, have at 'er.

Thought you were a manager, not a social worker?
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4723
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 738 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Nov 10th, 2012, 11:42 pm

goatboy wrote:Thought you were a manager, not a social worker?


I think it depends on which day it is, and what direction the wind is blowing. :sunshine:

I sure hope it's not a manager, given the difficulty demonstrated in processing simple data, that confirms many established teachers are indeed in the top 10%, according to statistics compared between stats Canada, and data showing what teachers in BC make.
"Friends are the family that we choose ourselves!"
User avatar
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10774
Likes: 370 posts
Liked in: 979 posts
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby KGT » Nov 11th, 2012, 10:25 am

goatboy wrote:George, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, it's like talking to a kid. I showed that the top 10% earn around $75k+ a year. Teachers make that after 10 years. If you want to believe they're not in the top 10%, then go ahead, have at 'er.

Thought you were a manager, not a social worker?


I'm a teacher, I have a Masters degree, and I've been teaching more than 20 years. I make more than $75,000. Argument settled.

For me, the wage concerns aren't so much for those of us at the top of the scale. IMO, we don't need a raise. But teachers in their first 10 years of work, with only a 5 year degree, make significantly less considering the important work that they do, and the education they have. I believe they deserve a raise.
KGT
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2686
Likes: 542 posts
Liked in: 409 posts
Joined: Jul 17th, 2010, 6:04 am

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby George+ » Nov 11th, 2012, 10:30 am

And I am willing to pay more.
That's the difference.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7392
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 228 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby Artofthedeal » Nov 11th, 2012, 10:35 am

George+ wrote:And I am willing to pay more.
That's the difference.


thankfully - you can George. We have many many worthwhile charities in this country, who do a billion % better job of distributing help in the form of food, money and other forms of help than any government stooge could do in a million years. If you truly want to give more, you can. That's the beauty of a free country, we can pay the high 43.7% tax rates we have here, watch our government waste most of those funds they take, and still have funds left to give to charities run by hard-working honest folk who genuinely want to help. THIS is why I oppose all fools who cry about how the government is supposed to steal even more off of our cheques, that money is mostly wasted, while money spent on charity, good charities, helps those who really need it.
Artofthedeal
Fledgling
 
Posts: 259
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 11th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby goatboy » Nov 11th, 2012, 11:11 am

KGT wrote:
I'm a teacher, I have a Masters degree, and I've been teaching more than 20 years. I make more than $75,000. Argument settled.

For me, the wage concerns aren't so much for those of us at the top of the scale. IMO, we don't need a raise. But teachers in their first 10 years of work, with only a 5 year degree, make significantly less considering the important work that they do, and the education they have. I believe they deserve a raise.



Thank you KGT for the clarification to George's confusion. I would say though, if a teacher starts teaching at age 23, then at 33 they are in the top 10% of wage earners. Isn't it ok to pay some dues ( in the form of a smaller starting wage) to know you will be at the top in a relatively short period of time? It's not like we're having a hard time getting people to go to school to be teachers, even given the current starting wage.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4723
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 738 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: B.C. teachers rule on class size

Postby goatboy » Nov 11th, 2012, 11:13 am

George+ wrote:And I am willing to pay more.
That's the difference.


You're right, that's the difference. I'm not willing to pay more as I think we fund education quite adequately as it is. If you wish to p*** your hard earned money into that money pit, go ahead, I haven't drunk that kool-aid.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4723
Likes: 51 posts
Liked in: 738 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Muzza and 2 guests