Tuesday, September 23rd20.0°C
23284
23439

BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 14th, 2012, 2:46 pm

True enough. Canada has one of the strongest economies in the world. Thanks for reminding us George.


canada would have that distinction regardless of what party was in power. our resources are ripe for the picking and we have ravenous countries that want them. and other political parties wouldnt import chinese workers just to make a few backdeal handshakes which is the hallmark of the conservatives. we the voters are on a need to know basis and we dont need to know in harpers eyes. because we didnt go to school to get an inflated wage. and another reason for our success in canada is the banking system which is a fundamental system that harper cant take credit for.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3252
Likes: 197 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby Artofthedeal » Nov 14th, 2012, 3:01 pm

sooperphreek wrote:
True enough. Canada has one of the strongest economies in the world. Thanks for reminding us George.


canada would have that distinction regardless of what party was in power. our resources are ripe for the picking and we have ravenous countries that want them. and other political parties wouldnt import chinese workers just to make a few backdeal handshakes which is the hallmark of the conservatives. we the voters are on a need to know basis and we dont need to know in harpers eyes. because we didnt go to school to get an inflated wage. and another reason for our success in canada is the banking system which is a fundamental system that harper cant take credit for.


I still remember in the 1980's when that pin-head Ed Broadbent had as one of his central planks of his NDP platform to nationalize the entire Canadian banking system. Thank goodness the Canadian voter has never been crazy enough to hand over power to the NDP and their nationalized schemes - with incompetent bumbling bureaucrats running our banking system we'd be totally and completely screwed right now.
Artofthedeal
Fledgling
 
Posts: 259
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 11th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby Urbane » Nov 14th, 2012, 3:27 pm

    sooperphreek wrote:canada would have that distinction regardless of what party was in power. our resources are ripe for the picking and we have ravenous countries that want them. and other political parties wouldnt import chinese workers just to make a few backdeal handshakes which is the hallmark of the conservatives. we the voters are on a need to know basis and we dont need to know in harpers eyes. because we didnt go to school to get an inflated wage. and another reason for our success in canada is the banking system which is a fundamental system that harper cant take credit for.
Yeah, Harper and his government are just lucky. They haven't actually done anything right. Just like all successful people are just lucky with hard work and ability having nothing to do with it. Yeah. Sure thing . . .
"Stupid is as stupid does."
-Forrest Gump
User avatar
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14727
Likes: 1676 posts
Liked in: 2187 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby twobits » Nov 14th, 2012, 3:34 pm

sooperphreek wrote: we the voters are on a need to know basis and we dont need to know in harpers eyes. because we didnt go to school to get an inflated wage.


Yup you are right freak. What's the point in giving you information that you won't understand anyway? :dyinglaughing:
I'll give ya credit though, at least you understand your own limitations.

Why don't ya come to the game this weekend. I'll wave to ya from my suite where I'll be having dinner with a few of my friends.
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

If we could just tax "stupid", there would be no government deficit
twobits
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3754
Likes: 97 posts
Liked in: 483 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2010, 9:44 am

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby goatboy » Nov 14th, 2012, 4:22 pm

George+ wrote:THINK about what Harper and the CONS have done with only 40% of the vote.



Slightly different when we're not a two party country.
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4666
Likes: 50 posts
Liked in: 711 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby George+ » Nov 14th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Well then. shall we all just sit back and watch the Republicans take the USA/ whole world economy
to the brink of disaster, while they protect the super rich 2% ers from paying more taxes??

The Republicans have totally lost what little credibility they once had.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7380
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 225 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 12:08 pm
Location: Lake Country

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 14th, 2012, 7:35 pm

funny how there are people that try to rub box seats and their superiority out there for all to see. but if this is personal then i just rest easy in knowing that i will get satisfaction seeing the writing on the wall come to pass. may not be popular but hey....if not ill stay at home and see the game in HD with commentating. im ok with that. oh and thank god i have the good fortune to afford the ufc fight this weekend. phew.... :discodance:
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3252
Likes: 197 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby Veovis » Nov 14th, 2012, 7:52 pm

George+ wrote:Well then. shall we all just sit back and watch the Republicans take the USA/ whole world economy
to the brink of disaster, while they protect the super rich 2% ers from paying more taxes??

The Republicans have totally lost what little credibility they once had.


What does the USA have to do with the BCTF? You are pumping US comments every 3rd post in every random thread. Make a topic to discuss it or take it to the right ones already. Good grief.

sooperphreek wrote:funny how there are people that try to rub box seats and their superiority out there for all to see. but if this is personal then i just rest easy in knowing that i will get satisfaction seeing the writing on the wall come to pass. may not be popular but hey....if not ill stay at home and see the game in HD with commentating. im ok with that. oh and thank god i have the good fortune to afford the ufc fight this weekend. phew.... :discodance:


That's not superiority, he detailed how hard he had to work for a long long time to get the right to have them. HE missed going to a lot of fun things for many many years so that when he finally achieved something good he could enjoy it greatly. Man are you so jealous that you ignore everything that makes a person and just judges them morally on your failings. Sad.

People have choices. Small rewards all the time, or sacrifice and hard work for a future larger gain. Stop hating people that sacrificed for many years to reward themselves at the end instead of just self gratifying themselves and telling themselves their just "abused by the rest of society."

I think the term you dad forgot to tell you was eventually it's time to "grow up and be a man"
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2564
Likes: 85 posts
Liked in: 453 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 14th, 2012, 9:16 pm

thanks dr phil i am glad that you are a host with the mostess. how much of a hit do you think taxes are gonna get? how much more will be paid? id venture that even the liberals will have to face facts and raise them if they pull off a sandbiscuit win next election. i mean heck....they even said they wanna work with the teachers to get things done. so the teachers will get more (and they deserve it) because they went to post secondary education and put it lots of hours volunteering and marking homework for our kids. so they deserve any raises because they work hard. and the middle class cant afford any more of a squeeze.....so i guess the hard workers wont mind bucking up and meeting the shortfall right? whats a few thousand dollars right? and less loopholes and writeoffs right? you dont need them right? that would defeat the purpose of the hard working badge of honor right? you thrive on that extra challenge right? meanwhile ill just schlepp and thank my lucky stars that the world is in such good hands because you have that entrepreneurial spirit and are your own man right? leading the way for all us poor losers and teachers to aspire to.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3252
Likes: 197 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby goatboy » Nov 14th, 2012, 10:05 pm

sooperphreek wrote:thanks dr phil i am glad that you are a host with the mostess. how much of a hit do you think taxes are gonna get? how much more will be paid? id venture that even the liberals will have to face facts and raise them if they pull off a sandbiscuit win next election. i mean heck....they even said they wanna work with the teachers to get things done. so the teachers will get more (and they deserve it) because they went to post secondary education and put it lots of hours volunteering and marking homework for our kids. so they deserve any raises because they work hard. and the middle class cant afford any more of a squeeze.....so i guess the hard workers wont mind bucking up and meeting the shortfall right? whats a few thousand dollars right? and less loopholes and writeoffs right? you dont need them right? that would defeat the purpose of the hard working badge of honor right? you thrive on that extra challenge right? meanwhile ill just schlepp and thank my lucky stars that the world is in such good hands because you have that entrepreneurial spirit and are your own man right? leading the way for all us poor losers and teachers to aspire to.


Wow, drama much? If only higher taxes would fix the problem........ You do understand that more money is not the answer. We're ( and I mean collectively) asked to pay a considerable amount of our income to taxes but when is enough enough?
goatboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4666
Likes: 50 posts
Liked in: 711 posts
Joined: Feb 26th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby sooperphreek » Nov 14th, 2012, 10:23 pm

good question.....
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3252
Likes: 197 posts
Liked in: 138 posts
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 10:39 am

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby Urbane » Nov 14th, 2012, 10:47 pm

    sooperphreek wrote:good question.....
Here's a good answer: We've reached that point. The province is already deeply in debt and it's time that we learn to live within our means.
"Stupid is as stupid does."
-Forrest Gump
User avatar
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14727
Likes: 1676 posts
Liked in: 2187 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby Artofthedeal » Nov 15th, 2012, 10:33 am

we need a politician to be brave and finally say "enough is enough" regarding the black hole of spending that is Canadian health care. The freak-outs and intimidation from all the panicky idiots out there whenever any sort of health-care reform is mentioned has to be finally overcome. There are 75,000 people waiting for surgery right now in this province. Yet you try and do anything about that, and people lose their minds. Somehow, they'd rather people die, then anyone "jump the queue". Health care spending continues to balloon exponentially, and yet its never enough. Something has to be done about it - as health care consumes over 50% of provincial budgets now, and with the aging baby boomers, it will get worse. It has to.
Artofthedeal
Fledgling
 
Posts: 259
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Oct 11th, 2012, 8:23 pm

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby Veovis » Nov 15th, 2012, 2:38 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversal_o ... (2005_film)

An interesting summary of a 2005 documentary, of which can be applied to many areas of government (no matter left or right government)

IN summary they took a homeless man and gave him 100,000. Within a certain amount of time he was broke again. There's no question that Ted had issues and could not manage money himself like that, he has aspects that are broken and he needs help.

This is much like the systems we have in Education, and Health. There are parts of the system that are broken and no amount of increased funding will fix it, they will simply end up right back at being broke and angry. The BCTF is one aspect of a broken part. This whole thread started from an article where the government rep saying the dispute was over, and the union leader declaring more fighting.

There was currently an end to teacher actions etc, and the BCTF was already calling for more. How this was supposed to help teachers I do not know.

I do know, just increasing funding will fix nothing until other aspects are changed. Unfortunately, the BCTF also threatens job action when change is proposed.

The BCTF is to teachers what booze was to Ted.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2564
Likes: 85 posts
Liked in: 453 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: BCTF declares "year of provincial action"

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Nov 15th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Definitely an eye opener to say the least.
"Friends are the family that we choose ourselves!"
User avatar
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10701
Likes: 348 posts
Liked in: 936 posts
Joined: Mar 19th, 2005, 1:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest