Monday, September 15th6.8°C

"Liberal" spending

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: "Liberal" spending

Postby maple leaf » Nov 19th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Veovis wrote:Both parties are negligent and wasteful with taxpayers dollars. The argument of saying to replace one crook with another crook isn't a supportive or good campaign strategy.

A good one would to come out with a message to the people on BC that they could get behind. So far none of the leaders have shown that ability.

Due to that sad fact of having a leaderless province, the chances of people staying with "the devil you know" becomes more likely.

Brushing it off by saying oh well both parties do it ,doesn't make it acceptable.The devil we all come to know over the last 12 years, needs to be taught a lesson.Or this devil will continue with just this kind of miss use of our tax dollars,but guess you don't have a problem with that.Pathetic.And I will have a problem with the next government doing this type off thing.We as voters need to keep holding their feet to the fire,and let them know it is not acceptable.But hey vote for the devil you know and make sure you know it will continue I guess.
maple leaf
Übergod

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 19th, 2012, 8:30 pm

Christy Clark Liberals have absolutely no morals, ethics or intent to do anything other than to desperately try to hang onto power. Despicable lot they all are!
BC Liberals Use Public’s Computers for Party Work
November 19th, 2012 • 17 Comments

It may be a crime. Using taxpayer-paid-for facilities, equipment and supplies for personal or partisan purposes.

But that’s exactly what Liberal caucus staff did as they prepared to launch their anti-NDP anti-Dix campaign website.
And it’s not good enough for them , once exposed by The Province … yes, the MSM … to now admit a breach of BC Government Standards of Conduct and just say “Sorry”.

Heads should roll.

Because the ads and the campaign were not put together by some minor official working in a regional office (although even that would be totally unacceptable) but reportedly by Liberal-appointed government employees, right at the Legislature, supposedly “working’ under supervision of the Premier’s Office and Christy Clark.

Inexcusable.

These are not neophytes to government: I don’t believe they can argue they didn’t know the rules or just forgot for a moment.

Looks to me like a blatant screw-the-public attitude: we’re in our government offices;we have our government computers;we have time to do it; and, so what if we use all these facilities to communicate for the partisan benefit of the Liberal Party. No one is watching!

Ha!

Someone is ALWAYS watching and talking, especially when they themselves understand right from wrong and why there are rules to protect the public from partisan employees who apparently lack the ethics that tells them right from wrong.

And what could be more wrong than using those facilities and equipment to send messages back and forth as they worked on a highly partisan and nasty website and campaign attacking the NDP leader’s character with unflattering photos, name-calling and promoting Liberal interests.

Who knows what other uses of government/taxpayer facilities, equipment and even time are being used to do partisan work … Liberal or NDP?

It reminds me of the “dirty tricks scandal” back in the 1970s when Socred (aren’t they now Liberals?) caucus workers did partisan work and even wrote phony letters to the editor using other people’s names improperly.

Heads rolled then …and should now.

It will be an interesting …and enlightening … experience to see where the Liberals’ ethics are as they handle this one.

Harv Oberfeld

Read the comments here:
http://harveyoberfeld.ca/blog/liberals- ... arty-work/

This further illustrates the blatant time theft from employers by hirelings using their computers at work to post on forums and otherwise fritter away time from actual work that an employer has a right to expect.

Christy Clark's office is the prime example here. Will she show some leadership and ethical values and actually clean house, starting with HER office? HA!
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1454 posts

Postby NAB » Nov 19th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Amazing, hardly a week goes by without some new Liberal Party or Liberal Government malfeasance or scandal being exposed....

""Libs asked to cut cheque to taxpayers over website scandal

The B.C. Liberal Party is being asked to cut a cheque to taxpayers and submit itself to an independent audit after it was revealed this week that employees in the legislature used taxpayer-funded resources to craft an anti-NDP attack website.""

More: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Liberal ... story.html
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby Veovis » Nov 19th, 2012, 10:13 pm

And hardly the week went by that the same wasn't asked of the NDP.....GASP I know shame to bring up the past.

SO tell me. Why is one pile of crap going to be better than the other just because it is in a different spot on the yard?

Dix had his chance to convince me but stays quiet. Not a leader just the cowardly lion hoping to win.

Perhaps you can do a better job.

Go.......

Do a Dave Letterman - top 10 reasons the NDP will be any better.....
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 450 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Nov 19th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Veovis wrote:Do a Dave Letterman - top 10 reasons the NDP will be any better.....

10. George likes them.
9. George likes them.
8. George likes them.
7. George likes them.
6. George likes them.
5. George likes them.
4. George likes them.
3. George likes them.
2. George likes them.

and the number one reason that the NDP will be better is.......................................... wait for it ..............................

1. George likes them. :D
"Friends are the family that we choose ourselves!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 923 posts

Postby George+ » Nov 20th, 2012, 8:50 am

That'll do it.
THANK YOU.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 211 posts

Postby maple leaf » Nov 20th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Veovis wrote:SO tell me. Why is one pile of crap going to be better than the other just because it is in a different spot on the yard?

To use your analogy of crap.One pile of crap has been in the compost bin for 12 tears ,and now has turned into rich energized loam,ready to support life. :sunshine:
While the other pile of crap is still in the field stinking the place up with this putrid odor, that everyone has to step in, every time we go out.Someone stepped into a big pile just the other day and stunk up the place again .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... staff.html
maple leaf
Übergod

Postby Rwede » Nov 20th, 2012, 12:38 pm

The NDP crap is the same old crap from the 1990s. Nothing has changed, including the illegal activities of its leader.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 952 posts

Postby Artofthedeal » Nov 20th, 2012, 12:42 pm

maple leaf wrote:
To use your analogy of crap.One pile of crap has been in the compost bin for 12 tears ,and now has turned into rich energized loam,ready to support life. :sunshine:

ready to turn right back into crap again, the second the unions take control of the government again. Jumping from one bag of crap to the other. It sure would be nice to have a government for once that wasn't beholden to special interest groups. With the NDP, we just have to bend over and take it from the unions, which means all government infrastructure programs are once again going to grind to a halt as they'll be far too expensive, and all projects currently under way will have to be halted so that the unions can examine them to find ways to maximize the union piggery at the troughs. Just one giant sack of crap.
Artofthedeal
Fledgling

Liked in: 0 post

Postby maple leaf » Nov 20th, 2012, 12:54 pm

Rwede, looks like you had to create 2 or three aliases ,so you would have someone to agree with yourself. :dyinglaughing:
maple leaf
Übergod

Postby Rwede » Nov 20th, 2012, 12:59 pm

'fraid not, Maple. I'm me and only me, always have been, always will be (unlike an old grey lady who was recently busted for multiple NDP-supporting aliases on this board).

I like that many have chosen the same avatar though. We've thrown our support behind the one guy we think can clear up union corruption in this province!
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 952 posts

Postby NAB » Nov 20th, 2012, 1:28 pm

maple leaf wrote:
Veovis wrote:SO tell me. Why is one pile of crap going to be better than the other just because it is in a different spot on the yard?

While the other pile of crap is still in the field stinking the place up with this putrid odor, that everyone has to step in, every time we go out.Someone stepped into a big pile just the other day and stunk up the place again .

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-c ... staff.html

That's an interesting attack ad header = "1990's: BC's Debt Doubled" when you look at the source and date (The Province, Nov. 19, 2000). I wonder how a similar headline today on that topic might read LOL. Pretty damned juvenile these things IMO when it seems both sides try to outdo each other in spending and the only thing that differentiates between them is who the pigs at the trough are.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby normaM » Nov 20th, 2012, 2:00 pm

who was the old lady with the many names?
If you allow it then don't complain about it
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 304 posts

Postby George+ » Nov 20th, 2012, 2:33 pm

Try to make sense occasionally.
Rita Johnson.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 211 posts

Postby Veovis » Nov 20th, 2012, 8:03 pm

George+ wrote:Try to make sense occasionally.
Rita Johnson.

:coffeecanuck: pot meet kettle.....
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 450 posts

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics