Saturday, April 19th9.7°C
21625
21271

Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Moderators: Jo, ferri, Merry, Triple 6

Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 2:50 pm

And there are sooo many more!!

Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals
Posted: 12/10/2012 3:40 pm

The holiday season is here and children everywhere are writing to Santa, hoping that they haven't made the naughty list. It turns out that it's not only children who should be worried this year! I received a tip recently from a source in the North Pole and Santa is more than a little upset with the B.C. Liberals.

In fact he said — and I quote: "Why can't they seem to get it right when it comes to all the most vulnerable children?"
Shameful truth be told, my source indicates that Santa has received more letters from children living in poverty in B.C. over the last nine years than anywhere else in Canada — and he's not too happy about that.

My source indicated Santa's been taking a good hard look at who's been particularly naughty this year and has already ordered a rail car full of B.C. coal. He still needed some help to decide who are the worst offenders when it comes to politics in B.C. and I was more than happy to assist.

The Top 5 Naughty List in B.C. Politics

5) Richard Butler - the lawyer representing the province in the Basi- Virk indemnity case who just filed a new affidavit that details how the earlier affidavit he filed was false.

Despite being a lawyer for many years and knowing full well the penalty for perjury in the court, he now admits he "mis-stated" his original affidavit, claiming a faulty memory when it came to declaring if our government actually had detailed billing when it came to Basi and Virks lawyers... all very crucial information about the plea deal given to the two men which many believe was in exchange for their silence.

When a lawyer "forgets" and files false statements on behalf of the government that has been stonewalling their own auditor general who just wants the truth , that's huge. Naughty naughty naughty. Not just coal for his stocking, but some Ginkgo biloba in 1000 mg tablets to help with his memory.

4) Bill Bennett
To be brutally honest,I seriously thought Wild Bill must have fallen off of his quad and was suffering a head injury after I heard him accusing NDP MLA Jagrup Brar of being infatuated with Communist Cuba! Seriously, one of the craziest statements ever made by any politician, but even more so for a "top lieutenant" in Christy Clark's election readiness team. Bill later had a sock stuffed in his mouth and was sent back out to the mountains, where his mouth couldn't do any more harm.

3) Colin Hansen

The man instrumental in the mess behind the HST debacle — for that alone he'll be getting a truckload of coal — has jumped from the frying pan, into the fire.

After announcing he wouldn't be running for MLA again, he announced he would however, take on the role of deputy campaign manager for the BC Liberals in the 2013 election. Seriously? Seriously? You want to actually help this bunch of bungling, unethical politicians get re-elected? Oh, Colin, Santa isn't going to like that, but maybe he'll bring you a pair of hip-waders for all the crap you'll be wading through next year.

2) Rich Coleman

It's really getting predictable that when the *bleep* hits the fan, you can usually find Rich Coleman getting his raincoat on. Where do I begin? How about with one of his biggest backers, Patrick Kinsella, whose name seems to go hand in hand with backroom deals for the B.C. Liberals?

Coleman been very naughty this year, recently in the news for some downright unethical deals and donations between a B.C. brewer and his office, that resulted in some tax policy changes that.. surprise surprise.. would benefit the brewer to the tune of millions.

Story breaks, words get tossed around like "special prosecutor" and of course it was all "just a misunderstanding." Sure. Just like bullying a potential candidate for his party into signing a letter he didn't want to sign.

1) Christy Clark
Without a doubt, Clark takes the number one spot on my naughty list, and it sure doesn't have anything to do with her dubious appearance on the National Post's Vixens in Vancouver list. Thanks to Ian Reid for that one. Stay tuned for a new pilot on Fox next year: "Premier on the Prowl." Grrrowwl!

Unfortunately, the still unelected premier has made a mockery of democracy by refusing to call an election early and get a mandate from the voters — something she promised while campaigning for the Liberal leadership.

Follow that with an endless stream of artificial photo-ops, bad press and poor decisions, and you have one big reason female voters don't like her. Whether it's claiming false job creation numbers, or claiming tough times and tightened belts, then spending $15 million on ads, everything she says is contrived gibberish.

She has government workers on an attack site on the public dime, gone on a spending spree on the public dime, and gone through staff like some people go through tissues.

I think the people of B.C. would agree: Santa, instead of that good old B.C. coal, how about sending her one nicely wrapped reality check?


Go here to see the links Laila has posted for each 'candidate':
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/laila-yule ... 52877.html
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 10th, 2012, 2:56 pm

Cool beans. How about you post the same for the "Top 5 Naughty NDP".

"Naughty" isn't limited to just the Liberals, ya know. Be sure to include all past transgressions, dishonesty, illegal acts and lies, okay? I'd like to see your NDP list, flamin'.
______________________________________________________

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed. -- Mark Twain

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
 
Posts: 28274
Likes: 1971 posts
Liked in: 690 posts
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:00 pm

grammafreddy wrote:Cool beans. How about you post the same for the "Top 5 Naughty NDP".

"Naughty" isn't limited to just the Liberals, ya know. Be sure to include all past transgressions, dishonesty, illegal acts and lies, okay? I'd like to see your NDP list, flamin'.


Wait for it come out this time NEXT year when there MAY be something less than over a decade old for me to comment on, ok? Oh, and in case you didn't notice, this is not MY list. I would have made a list considerably longer than Laila's!!
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Urbane » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:01 pm

    grammafreddy wrote:Cool beans. How about you post the same for the "Top 5 Naughty NDP".

    "Naughty" isn't limited to just the Liberals, ya know. Be sure to include all past transgressions, dishonesty, illegal acts and lies, okay? I'd like to see your NDP list, flamin'.
X2. Great idea.
"If you don't have integrity, you have nothing. You can't buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing."
-Henry Kravis
User avatar
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13273
Likes: 430 posts
Liked in: 481 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:03 pm

X2. Great idea.


See response to GF above.....
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Veovis » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:08 pm

I find it adorable how the Liberals are condemned for their "attack ads" on a regular basis and the left acts like they are "too good to do the same" but yet we see attacks like this every day or two.

And ignoring the NDP brass's "misdeeds" because it's inconvenient isn't any kind of good answer. (they've been naughty since they were last in power as you know)
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2320
Likes: 58 posts
Liked in: 218 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:22 pm

I find it adorable how the Liberals are condemned for their "attack ads" on a regular basis and the left acts like they are "too good to do the same" but yet we see attacks like this every day or two.


The diff is: The BC taxpayer is not being made to pay Million$ for THESE 'Attack Adds" which are made by individuals (not the NDP party) who are fed up with the ChristyLiberals. Kinda like free speech, eh?

And ignoring the NDP brass's "misdeeds" because it's inconvenient isn't any kind of good answer. (they've been naughty since they were last in power as you know)


Again, the difference is any 'misdeeds' the NDP may have carried out since the time they were in power have not affected the welfare of the citizens of BC, simply because they have not been in power. Kapsch?
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Veovis » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:41 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Again, the difference is any 'misdeeds' the NDP may have carried out since the time they were in power have not affected the welfare of the citizens of BC, simply because they have not been in power. Kapsch?


I undestand how you see it, sadly I disagree, the fact that a pile of the Liberals are bad, does not therefore make bad NDP'ers "good" Bad is bad, and I don't give free passes. Putting two rapists in court and letting one go because he raped less people doesn't make him innocent.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2320
Likes: 58 posts
Liked in: 218 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Veovis » Dec 10th, 2012, 3:45 pm

I was more questioning you complete bias towards the Liberals and free pass you give the NDP simply due to not liking the Liberals. I don't blame you for disliking the Liberals, I can't fault it one bit, that doesn't mean that the NDP can just be ignored for a few years as you appeared to advocate doing.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2320
Likes: 58 posts
Liked in: 218 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Veovis wrote:I was more questioning you complete bias towards the Liberals and free pass you give the NDP simply due to not liking the Liberals. I don't blame you for disliking the Liberals, I can't fault it one bit, that doesn't mean that the NDP can just be ignored for a few years as you appeared to advocate doing.


Thanks for that, I appreciate it. You surmise that I am giving a 'free pass' to the NDP and that is fair; however, I am not 'attacking' the NDP because at the present time they are totally ineffectual in even being the opposition!

When their policies and actions as GOVERNMENT start affecting the citizens of BC will be the time that I feel justified in 'attacking' them. But right now they are bloodless game and we have the ChristyLiberals who affect us every day with policies and backroom shenanigans that SHOULD be questioned, probed and exposed because they directly affect US.

Sure I was highly suspicious about Dix's 'winning' the leadership of the NDP but to me it was more important that there were some pretty dark shades pulled when CC 'won' her leadership; however, she was chosen 'leader' of the ruling party and thus, definitely deserves closer scrutiny than a leader of the opposition.
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Urbane » Dec 10th, 2012, 4:14 pm

And yet, flaming, you've been very critical of the BC Conservatives who haven't been in power for many decades. Hmm . . .
"If you don't have integrity, you have nothing. You can't buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing."
-Henry Kravis
User avatar
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13273
Likes: 430 posts
Liked in: 481 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 4:29 pm

Urbane wrote:And yet, flaming, you've been very critical of the BC Conservatives who haven't been in power for many decades. Hmm . . .


Oh come on now, I barely even touched them except to criticize the holy rollers in their party and the fact that Cummins should hang up his spurs and do what good old farts do these days: retire and quit sucking $4K out of a party that needs every shred of support. I had hoped that Cummins would go gracefully and get a progressive, passionate younger thing in there who would put the holy rollers in their place so more voters (I was looking at them with a gleam in my eye for a while there) would be attracted to the Cons.
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Urbane » Dec 10th, 2012, 4:33 pm

    flamingfingers wrote:
    Oh come on now, I barely even touched them except to criticize the holy rollers in their party and the fact that Cummins should hang up his spurs and do what good old farts do these days: retire and quit sucking $4K out of a party that needs every shred of support. I had hoped that Cummins would go gracefully and get a progressive, passionate younger thing in there who would put the holy rollers in their place so more voters (I was looking at them with a gleam in my eye for a while there) would be attracted to the Cons.
Oh good. I thought you were being critical of Cummins and the Conservatives. Thanks for setting me straight.
:dyinglaughing:
"If you don't have integrity, you have nothing. You can't buy it. You can have all the money in the world, but if you are not a moral and ethical person, you really have nothing."
-Henry Kravis
User avatar
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 13273
Likes: 430 posts
Liked in: 481 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 7:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Rwede » Dec 10th, 2012, 4:35 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Wait for it come out this time NEXT year when there MAY be something less than over a decade old for me to comment on, ok? Oh, and in case you didn't notice, this is not MY list. I would have made a list considerably longer than Laila's!!



Maybe you can count theft and illegal funding of byelection campaigns by Dix and the NDP, as recently as a few months ago.

Since you've obviously exonerated Dix for committing several criminal code offences a decade ago, why not take him to task over his latest transgressions, which indicate that he's the same lying, thieving scumbag that he was in the late 1990s?
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 7136
Likes: 917 posts
Liked in: 501 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 10th, 2012, 4:44 pm

Since you've obviously exonerated Dix for committing several criminal code offences a decade ago, why not take him to task over his latest transgressions, which indicate that he's the same lying, thieving scumbag that he was in the late 1990s?


I was an expat at that time so do not know how that directly affected the citizens of BC. Did the NDP adopt a policy that criminal offences were legal that DID affect the citizens of BC?

Maybe you can count theft and illegal funding of byelection campaigns by Dix and the NDP, as recently as a few months ago.


Did you make an issue of this with Elections BC or the police?
Posting over 30 posts on forums during a workday = time theft from the company.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11885
Likes: 673 posts
Liked in: 796 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Next

Return to BC Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest