Thursday, January 29th1.2°C
24736
23931

Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble. This is a free-for-all political area where almost anything goes. Be aware of that before entering. Read the rules upon entering.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Jo, ferri, Triple 6

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby George+ » Dec 12th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Nah the woes of the forest industry are
mainly of their own making.

They had most of the rules removed by the Liberals and
it still didn't work.

Perhaps we should stop sending logs to Japan until all
mills are up and running OR there is evidence of high employment
in the sector??

Here come the usual weedy vitriol!
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7643
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 259 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:08 am
Location: Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Urbane » Dec 12th, 2012, 12:15 pm

    NAB wrote:Quite a bit different than Urbane accusing me of recently saying "it was about time that the forest industry died in British Columbia" huh? LOL We were apparently talking about its RECOVERY in the interior. Funny how spin works particularly when the statement "We'll never see a recovery of the interior forest industry in our lifetimes.."wasn't even made by me, but rather by Wede.
Why not just say that you've changed you mind or that you misspoke or something like that? Denying the obvious is pretty silly considering that what you said is there for all to see. In fact, since I want to stay on topic . . . and since you claim to have joined the Liberal Party I would say that you are one "naughty" Liberal for saying what you did about the interior forest industry. I want to see it thrive and I don't think it would be "perhaps just as well" if it doesn't.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15148
Likes: 1962 posts
Liked in: 2429 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Rwede » Dec 12th, 2012, 12:54 pm

George+ wrote:Nah the woes of the forest industry are
mainly of their own making.

They had most of the rules removed by the Liberals and
it still didn't work.

Perhaps we should stop sending logs to Japan until all
mills are up and running OR there is evidence of high employment
in the sector??

Here come the usual weedy vitriol!



Since not one single log has been sent from the interior to Japan (or China, or any other foreign country for that matter), you've once again shown that you have zero knowledge of the industry (among other things). The fact that you hounded forest companies in the 1990s over logging in the Joe Rich area, doing your damndest to put hard working people on the unemployment line, shows that you and Nab both share a desire to see the industry die.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 8177
Likes: 3412 posts
Liked in: 1200 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 9:49 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:01 pm

Urbane wrote:Why not just say that you've changed you mind or that you misspoke or something like that? Denying the obvious is pretty silly considering that what you said is there for all to see. In fact, since I want to stay on topic . . . and since you claim to have joined the Liberal Party I would say that you are one "naughty" Liberal for saying what you did about the interior forest industry. I want to see it thrive and I don't think it would be "perhaps just as well" if it doesn't.


Socialists never admit they were wrong. Admitting you were wrong requires integrity, and the leftists have zero.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of the NDP is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke (if he were alive today and lived in Canada)
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11368
Likes: 1811 posts
Liked in: 2660 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby George+ » Dec 12th, 2012, 2:14 pm

No idea what you are talking about?
But most days you don't either! :dyinglaughing:

Who said we were only talking about the interior?

Many coastal mills also lack logs, as has been stated before.
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7643
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 259 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:08 am
Location: Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby NAB » Dec 12th, 2012, 4:05 pm

Urbane wrote:Why not just say that you've changed you mind or that you misspoke or something like that? Denying the obvious is pretty silly considering that what you said is there for all to see. In fact, since I want to stay on topic . . . and since you claim to have joined the Liberal Party I would say that you are one "naughty" Liberal for saying what you did about the interior forest industry. I want to see it thrive and I don't think it would be "perhaps just as well" if it doesn't.


Nope, I neither misspoke nor have I changed my mind (I am entitled to my own opinion ya know ;-), and just because it doesn't happen to coincide with yours doesn't make me wrong ). Wede indicated that in is opinion the interior forestry had fallen into such a pathetic state that it would not recover in our lifetime, and I happen to have agreed with him. That fact, once absorbed by those who have had stewardship and use of the interior forestry and are responsible for the abhorable situation they have created, may eventually lead to the required changes to see that recovery does indeed happen. And that is "just as well" - for continuing down the same path may certainly assure that it never recovers at all - in anyone's lifetime.
NAB
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 22985
Likes: 38 posts
Liked in: 206 posts
Joined: Apr 19th, 2006, 12:33 pm

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Urbane » Dec 12th, 2012, 4:29 pm

    NAB wrote:Nope, I neither misspoke nor have I changed my mind (I am entitled to my own opinion ya know ;-), and just because it doesn't happen to coincide with yours doesn't make me wrong ). Wede indicated that in is opinion the interior forestry had fallen into such a pathetic state that it would not recover in our lifetime, and I happen to have agreed with him. That fact, once absorbed by those who have had stewardship and use of the interior forestry and are responsible for the abhorable situation they have created, may eventually lead to the required changes to see that recovery does indeed happen. And that is "just as well" - for continuing down the same path may certainly assure that it never recovers at all - in anyone's lifetime.
To review, Rwede made this comment:
We'll never see a recovery of the interior forest industry in our lifetimes.


You quoted that comment and responded:
Perhaps just as well...

Nab


Twobits, quoting your "Perhaps just as well . . ." responded with:

Are you kidding?


I responded with:

So you're okay with the interior forest industry not recovering in our lifetimes. That makes absolutely no sense to me and to those who work in the industry it must be a head scratcher as well. And it doesn't help our provincial revenues either. Oh well . . .


Your response to twobits and myself was nil.

I'll be a gentleman and in the spirit of the season leave it at that . . .
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15148
Likes: 1962 posts
Liked in: 2429 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 12th, 2012, 4:33 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote: Admitting you were wrong requires integrity, and the leftists have zero.

:coffeecanuck: Oh the irony :dyinglaughing:
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17756
Likes: 807 posts
Liked in: 1849 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby George+ » Dec 12th, 2012, 4:38 pm

The Green Barbarian is alive?

Who'd have thought!
George+
Guru
 
Posts: 7643
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 259 posts
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011, 11:08 am
Location: Kelowna

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 13th, 2012, 2:36 pm

steven lloyd wrote: :coffeecanuck: Oh the irony :dyinglaughing:


I know SL - when you see the leftists on here crying about the Liberals, the ironing is delicious, isn't it?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of the NDP is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke (if he were alive today and lived in Canada)
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 11368
Likes: 1811 posts
Liked in: 2660 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Rwede » Dec 13th, 2012, 3:22 pm

NAB wrote:
Nope, I neither misspoke nor have I changed my mind (I am entitled to my own opinion ya know ;-), and just because it doesn't happen to coincide with yours doesn't make me wrong ). Wede indicated that in is opinion the interior forestry had fallen into such a pathetic state that it would not recover in our lifetime, and I happen to have agreed with him. That fact, once absorbed by those who have had stewardship and use of the interior forestry and are responsible for the abhorable situation they have created, may eventually lead to the required changes to see that recovery does indeed happen. And that is "just as well" - for continuing down the same path may certainly assure that it never recovers at all - in anyone's lifetime.



BS. You wished the industry ill, plain and simple, saying that it is just as well that it won't recover. Urbane has called you on it and owns you. Period. More lies from you will not change what you said nor the context in which you spoke.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
User avatar
Rwede
Guru
 
Posts: 8177
Likes: 3412 posts
Liked in: 1200 posts
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 9:49 am

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 13th, 2012, 4:57 pm

steven lloyd wrote: :coffeecanuck: Oh the irony :dyinglaughing:

The Green Barbarian wrote: I know SL - when you see the leftists on here crying about the Liberals, the ironing is delicious, isn't it?

Only exceeded by those who try to suggest those from the left somehow have less integrity than “the other side” GB
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17756
Likes: 807 posts
Liked in: 1849 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Previous

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests