Tuesday, September 30th4.7°C

BC's Fiscal Cliff

Moderators: oneh2obabe, ferri, Triple 6, Jo

Re: BC's Fiscal Cliff

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 4th, 2013, 9:54 pm

Dix himself no longer defends

Why should he? He was cleared, never 'charged or convicted' so it is over. Maybe you want Gordos drunk driving CONVICTION to go away? Considerable difference here.
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1557 posts

Postby madmudder » Jan 4th, 2013, 10:00 pm

I hope the Liberals pull their deceptive tv ads about how BC is leading the country in job creation.
Last edited by madmudder on Jan 5th, 2013, 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
madmudder
Fledgling

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 4th, 2013, 10:06 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Why should he? He was cleared, never 'charged or convicted' so it is over. Maybe you want Gordos drunk driving CONVICTION to go away? Considerable difference here.

Considerable difference all right. Both were cases of bad judgment, but Nutless Dix abused public trust. He was fired for it. He shouldn't be our next premier. Too much corruption and malfeasance in his past.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 551 posts

Postby maple leaf » Jan 4th, 2013, 10:08 pm

Urbane wrote: So silly to keep defending something that even Dix himself no longer defends. Carry on though.

Urbane wrote:H.A.D. Oliver, BC’s Conflict-of-Interest Commissioner reviewed the actions of Dix and concluded that Dix took the extraordinary step in September 1998 of “obtaining the date stamp for Office of the Premier from his secretary’s desk, turning the date back to July 17, 1998, and stamping the memorandum with that date.”

After being chastised by the Conflict-of-Interest Commissioner, Dix even refused to acknowledge that faking a memo during a criminal investigation was unethical: “I don’t think that any of those mistakes involved wrongdoing, they weren’t ethical mistakes” – Adrian Dix, Vancouver Sun, Aug 30/02

Dix Probably looking back on it would most likely in hindsight do things differently.But as far as that incident being a major full blown proven criminal case you all like to make it into,in attempts to make the NDP look worse than the Liberals, doesn't even register on the scale compared to this Liberal government.But carry on though.

And once again incase you missed it I 'm not going to say the NDP were perfect and didn't made mistakes and if elected government will not be perfect or do everything right either.But having studied up on the 90's and the last 12 years it is my opinion that the Liberal government does not deserve to be re-elected to a 4th term.It serves no purpose for me to trash the NDP over anything that was done 12 years ago,so I tend not to .
maple leaf
Übergod

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 4th, 2013, 10:12 pm

To Moe (LV):

So you are another mindless vote for the ChristyLiberal MILF Party. I will vote for an independent who portrays values opposite to the ChristyLiberal MILF Party thanks.
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1557 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 5th, 2013, 1:13 am

flamingfingers wrote:To Moe (LV):

So you are another mindless vote for the ChristyLiberal MILF Party. I will vote for an independent who portrays values opposite to the ChristyLiberal MILF Party thanks.

To Maplefingers:

you lie almost as convincingly as the NDP when they say they aren't in bed with the unions. You are an NDP lapdog through and through. I will vote for whomever portrays values oppositte to a memo-forging nutless loser. We need a leader in this province, not a spineless weasel named Dix that won't commit to anything.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Postby madmudder » Jan 5th, 2013, 6:29 am

Hey Liberal shill twits this thread is about BC's Fiscal cliff. If you can't defend the most corrupt party BC has ever had then don't bother posting because you make yourselves out to be idiots or just as corrupt as the BC Liberals.
madmudder
Fledgling

Liked in: 12 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 5th, 2013, 6:51 am

madmudder wrote:Hey Liberal shill twits this thread is about BC's Fiscal cliff. If you can't defend the most corrupt party BC has ever had then don't bother posting because you make yourselves out to be idiots or just as corrupt as the BC Liberals.

hey NDP lapdog you can't defend the actual most corrupt party BC has ever had, the NDP. You are just as big a nutless coward as Adrian Dix.
logicalview
Guru

Postby maple leaf » Jan 5th, 2013, 11:30 am

Juvenile antics is what one can expect from them.When they can't demonstrate how it is that the Liberal government is the better choice ,they always resort to juvenile behaviour,first deflection, denial,made up "facts",and if that don't work it is personal attacks and name calling and insults all designed to draw attention away from their failures and most importantly their governments failures.Quite entertaining but accomplishes nothing.Most people know the Liberal government is the worst choice to vote for and the above antics only re enforce that.
maple leaf
Übergod

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby Logitack » Jan 5th, 2013, 11:55 am

and thats why this forum was specifically created.... because Liberal trolls cant defend the 12 year liberal record and instead deflect, lie and insult. (not that i dont insult :nutzoid: too)

gotta love the 3 stooges though...highly entertaining watching them feebly defend liberal policy, like the liberal government gives a hoot about them, they are insignificant nobodies who think they actually benefit from the government largess given to their corporate backers. talk about dillusional :dyinglaughing:
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything. I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete douchebags.
....chevy chase
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 231 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 5th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Logitack wrote:and thats why this forum was specifically created.... because Liberal trolls cant defend the 12 year liberal record and instead deflect, lie and insult. (not that i dont insult :nutzoid: too)

gotta love the 3 stooges though...highly entertaining watching them feebly defend liberal policy, like the liberal government gives a hoot about them, they are insignificant nobodies who think they actually benefit from the government largess given to their corporate backers. talk about dillusional :dyinglaughing:
For the umpteenth time I don't appreciate the slur against mentally challenged people but I know that on the political forums that's allowed so I'll just make my point and stop there.

As for the notion that those who find fault with Dix are (fill in the insults from above) I'd say that we deserve the government we get when we simply react emotionally without looking at the pluses and minuses of both parties (or all parties if there were more than two viable alternatives). I remember working hard to come with a few positives from the 1990's NDP government and challenged you to come up with some positives for the present government. Your answer was that all of those in the present government were all a bunch of crooks who should be in jail (I paraphrase). That total lack of perspective and that emotional response are what lead to us electing governments that shouldn't be elected. I agree that we have a government that doesn't deserve to be reelected but I disagree with the idea that the NDP have earned the right to govern.
"Virtue is its own reward."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2215 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Jan 5th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Urbane wrote: I agree that we have a government that doesn't deserve to be re-elected but I disagree with the idea that the NDP have earned the right to govern.

So what do you suggest Urbane ? What is your plan ? I can agree with you that the NDP has not earned the right to govern - but how do you plan on getting rid of the current government which is even more important if we ever want to stop getting the governments we “deserve” ? It is long past time we start voting these governments out of power instead of into power.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1368 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 5th, 2013, 4:31 pm

steven lloyd wrote:So what do you suggest Urbane ? What is your plan ? I can agree with you that the NDP has not earned the right to govern - but how do you plan on getting rid of the current government which is even more important if we ever want to stop getting the governments we “deserve” ? It is long past time we start voting these governments out of power instead of into power.
You simply can't vote for the Liberals (and I understand your reasoning) and I simply can't vote for the NDP. I recognize the faults of the Liberals and you recognize the faults of the NDP even though we weigh those faults differently.
"Virtue is its own reward."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2215 posts

Postby Veovis » Jan 5th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Make it a tie. Get everyone to vote just enough of each party in and make them actually work together.

Unfortunately it would simply turn into nothing more than this forum where both sides sit on their high horse and use slurs to describe each other all the wile stating that at least their good enough not to use such derogatory terms, while actually using them.

The simple fact is if the liberals do not get elected to govern it will be the NDP. However it does not mean that Dix is some morally righteous leader actually capable of doing the job. Where things fall apart is the NDP supporters mainly feel that the province is owed to them to govern and not something they should strive to achieve. That doesn't mean the liberals deserve it either.

The NDP have chosen the "trust me we can do it route" instead of the "this is how we'd fix this" route. Sure if they put out ideas people/parties/pundits would all poke holes in the concepts and guess what, they would have then known how to adjust and tailor things for the real campaign and come off as a party who wants to lead.

As for the start of this thread, I already replied and both sides ignored, but if you aren't including all your cell phone bills, cable bills etc for the next 20 years as actual debt on your next loan application stop trying to declare the same situation as current debt. (never mind that you would have to take all future payments and reverse them using proper interest rates to even achieve a true current liability estimate therefore making the whole calculation they used BS anyways)

Instead they have had Dix simply go "um, ah, let me get back to you on that, we'll look at it" too much.

We know what we get with the liberals, like it or not, we know what we will get (sadly), the NDP have a group of blind support but come the finish line may not actually get what they feel entitled to unless they find a way to earn it, it may not just be given to them, they just might actually have to be "the better party", not just "the other party"
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 453 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Jan 5th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Urbane wrote: You simply can't vote for the Liberals (and I understand your reasoning) and I simply can't vote for the NDP. I recognize the faults of the Liberals and you recognize the faults of the NDP even though we weigh those faults differently.

So what's your plan ?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1368 posts

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics