Saturday, August 23rd10.1°C

Christy shares her thoughts

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Jo, ferri, Triple 6

Re: Christy shares her thoughts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:18 pm

Your bragging exposed you. You are all full of yourself and have nothing credible to back it up with.

See ya later bye...
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1340 posts

Postby grammafreddy » Jan 10th, 2013, 9:38 pm

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Liked in: 776 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 11th, 2013, 12:31 am

flamingfingers wrote:Snerk...

As if you were a radio show host. You were just a small part of a VERY small scrum.

Snerk......

Sure beats being a bitter flaming cougar, with an over inflated ego, and unsubstantiated sense of self worth, whose only recourse to feign superiority, is to belittle everyone and anyone with a differing opinion.

Pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Friends are the family that we choose ourselves!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 913 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 11th, 2013, 3:34 am

grammafreddy wrote:
And never once when interviewing any politician did I provide them with the questions ahead of time.

GF, MF is just assuming that the Liberals are doing what nutless McGee and the NDP do where they make sure in interviews he has a chance to prepare long-winded answers to simple yes or no questions where he basically says nothing, and then just grins like an evil weesel.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 493 posts

Postby Jo » Jan 11th, 2013, 9:04 am

Oops, apologies, someone reported a personal attack in the Political Arena, and I deleted it without realizing where it was. Fisher-Dude feel free to repost. And people, check which forum you're in before reporting.
jo@castanet.net
Old as dirt. Twice as gritty.
Jo
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 1144 posts

Postby normaM » Jan 12th, 2013, 3:11 pm

someone PM me when the cage fight starts. TIA
If you allow it then don't complain about it
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 283 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 12th, 2013, 9:04 pm

Ah there are truths here albeit one can cast it on almost EVERY political party:

What we have (although it is not unique to Canada). But it does give one food for thought here in BC:

A toothless criminal code that for almost a generation has “wrist slappped” anyone convicted of a white collar crime such as fraud has created a vile new politician.

A politician that isn't interested in improving the community.

But a politician that is only interested in either:

a) lining their pockets at the publics expense or
b) Lining their friends’ pockets at the publics expense
c) Slothing at the public trough in order to recieve an undeserved pension
d) a combination of a,b,or c

Time to rewrite the criminal code to toss these avaricious scum in prison.

THAT would do wonders in focussing their attention.
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Postby NAB » Jan 20th, 2013, 5:38 pm

I don't know what the NDP are going to be able to do for a platform. Christy seems to be bent on using all their ideas for hers LOL How does one go about choosing between two left wing agendas when there is no viable party around to produce a centre right wing agenda?

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 20th, 2013, 6:12 pm

NAB wrote:I don't know what the NDP are going to be able to do for a platform. Christy seems to be bent on using all their ideas for hers LOL How does one go about choosing between two left wing agendas when there is no viable party around to produce a centre right wing agenda?
    Nab
I'm about to ruin your day because to a large extent I agree with you. There is no fiscally conservative party (no viable one anyway) in the running and certainly no great option(s) out there.
"Just because you have the right doesn't make it right."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1286 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 20th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Well, we have 3 independents so far - Huntington, Simpson and van Dongen. Thought we had 4 but I gather Slater is throwing in his political towel. If we could be assured of getting at least 1 (or 2) more independents that would be enough to form a caucus of Independents which could put an interesting flavor into the BC political scene. In my riding, it is exceedingly doubtful that even if I cast a vote for an Independent (who is not in evidence here yet) he/she could oust the incumbent NDP MLA. And I cannot vote for the Greens. The Liberals have not even nominated anyone here if I were daft enough to even consider them.

Regardless, although I could wish for a good batch of Independents, there is only one objective to be accomplished in May and that is to rid ourselves of the ChristyLiberal MILF famiglia.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Urbane » Jan 21st, 2013, 2:01 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Regardless, although I could wish for a good batch of Independents, there is only one objective to be accomplished in May and that is to rid ourselves of the ChristyLiberal MILF famiglia.
That's the sort of shallow thinking that led to the demise of the HST of course (missing the big picture) - i.e. Christy Clark is attractive (and is considered MILF) and that's an actual reason to turf her from office. That's pretty sick and it reflects badly on those who think that way.

In deciding how to vote I don't consider the attractiveness (or lack thereof) of the candidates but here's something I do consider: The Liberals have been spending too much money (IMO) so why would I want to elect the opposition party that has been critical of the government for not spending enough money? It would certainly be illogical to do so and it would be sending a message to the NDP that I was in fact in favour of them spending lots more money, that I agree with pretty well everything in the province is "chronically underfunded." Why would I want to do that? Well, I don't and I won't so my main objective is to keep the NDP out of office. Accordingly, until a viable alternative comes along my vote will go to the Liberals.
"Just because you have the right doesn't make it right."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1286 posts

Postby Rwede » Jan 21st, 2013, 4:26 pm

Maplefingers claims she was in political office at one point. Attractiveness certainly shouldn't be a consideration for being in or out of politics, should it?
Attachments
16040174.jpg
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 827 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 21st, 2013, 4:49 pm

Maplefingers claims she was in political office at one point.

Who are you talking about? If it is me I said no such thing. I did have an opportunity and turned it down.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Postby George+ » Jan 21st, 2013, 8:44 pm

Likes to smear everybody.
More NDP voters.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 144 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 21st, 2013, 10:01 pm

flamingfingers wrote: I did have an opportunity and turned it down.

Of course you did, it's far easier to sit on an internet forum obsessively nitpicking, and griping, about every move those in power make, than it is to actually get involved and see if your ideas regarding possible solutions stand up under scrutiny.
"Friends are the family that we choose ourselves!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 913 posts

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics