Sunday, July 27th18.9°C

Christy shares her thoughts

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Jo, ferri, Triple 6

Re: Christy shares her thoughts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 23rd, 2013, 8:22 pm

Duh. We told you that the NDP destroyed the industry in the 1990s and it never recovered. Not even Gordon Campbell could grow new trees soon enough after the NDP let the beetle rage out of control. The NDP's policies allowed the beetle to wipe out 80% of the pine fibre base. Nothing can be done to mitigate that until new ones are ready to harvest in 80 years or so. And the NDP's policies resulted in thousands of jobs lost and dozens of mills closed - no one is going to invest hundreds of millions to build new mills and hire and train new work forces when the fibre supply is decimated. Hence, the industry has faded and continues to contract as the stupidity of the 1990s keeps taking its toll.

Simple economics really baffle you leftist dixtards, don't they?
Gone_Fishin
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 23rd, 2013, 8:45 pm

dudie wrote:

Nothing can be done to mitigate that until new ones are ready to harvest in 80 years or so.

I simply cannot believe the horsecrap posted by the ChristyLiberal MILF idiots!
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1267 posts

Postby maple leaf » Jan 23rd, 2013, 8:47 pm

Fisher-Dude wrote:Duh. We told you that the NDP destroyed the industry in the 1990s and it never recovered. Not even Gordon Campbell could grow new trees soon enough after the NDP let the beetle rage out of control. The NDP's policies allowed the beetle to wipe out 80% of the pine fibre base. Nothing can be done to mitigate that until new ones are ready to harvest in 80 years or so. And the NDP's policies resulted in thousands of jobs lost and dozens of mills closed - no one is going to invest hundreds of millions to build new mills and hire and train new work forces when the fibre supply is decimated. Hence, the industry has faded and continues to contract as the stupidity of the 1990s keeps taking its toll.

Simple economics really baffle you leftist dixtards, don't they?

Using your logic the pine beetle epidemic started in the 1980"s .and The Social Credit never did anything about it.The NDP never had a chance to turn it around after the Social Credit let the infestation rage out of control.I know you righties always try and blame all the wows of the world on the NDP.The fact is the Social credit never did anything about it and the NDP and Liberals have had to deal with it.From the graph ,the NDP did a better job of it with the mess the Social Credit left them than the Liberals have over the Last 12 years.

The number of jobs in forestry & logging is declining. In 2008, there were 17,400 people working in this industry, only two-thirds the level (26,300) in 1990. The industry’s GDP was 13% lower than in 1990's.
These declines are mirrored in the forest-related manufacturing, which have also seen employment and GDP drop since 1990.
http://guidetobceconomy.org/major_indus ... oresty.htm
maple leaf
Übergod

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby LANDM » Jan 23rd, 2013, 8:50 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^ Oh, I brought up the subject and was rounded upon quite viciously by people who felt that the title of MILF was quite acceptable and even complimentary... as did CC herself. So I have changed my ways and will continue to use that honorific as it has been deemed by people on these forums to be quite acceptable.

You have stated very clearly that you are aware that this is not acceptable yet you somehow find it ok to be disrespectful towards the premier. Would you say that to a Provincial Premier's face yourself if you were speaking to one.....regardless of the party?
So, because someone else acted in a way that you found was "vicious", it is appropriate to be using these terms in every reference to the Premier now?

Wow. There really is something wrong there.
LANDM
Übergod

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 23rd, 2013, 9:01 pm

maple leaf wrote:
Using your logic the pine beetle epidemic started in the 1980"s .and The Social Credit never did anything about it.The NDP never had a chance to turn it around after the Social Credit let the infestation rage out of control.I know you righties always try and blame all the wows of the world on the NDP.The fact is the Social credit never did anything about it and the NDP and Liberals have had to deal with it.From the graph ,the NDP did a better job of it with the mess the Social Credit left them than the Liberals have over the Last 12 years.

Incorrect. The main outbreak started in the 1990s, and the NDP enacted legislation to get green votes that prevented the forest companies from halting the outbreak. That's fact, not a Maplefingers Fairy Tale. Don't try to re-write history.

I was at a dinner with ADM staff in the ministry at the time, and some were predicting this would happen. I was surprised at their frankness. Even the bureaucracy knew what the NDP was doing was the wrong thing, but political votes outweighed the salvation of our (at the time) most important indusrty. It's really sickening, and it's one of the main reasons I hate the NDP so much. They sacrificed the future of the industry trying to get votes to win one more election. Greedy f'ing pigs.
Gone_Fishin
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 217 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 23rd, 2013, 9:35 pm

Flaming - we're on to you. When you're shown to be completely and utterly wrong about something, as you have with the forest industry, you revert back to the old MILF bit and ignore the discussion at hand. And how hypocritical is that. After lambasting the premier, who never brought up "MILF" herself but was only answering a question, you hypocritically keep linking that disrespectful acronym to her. Shame on you. I realize you have some "issues" that are being played out here but that's no reason to be so disrespectful to the Office of the Premier.
"Just because you have the right doesn't make it right."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1167 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:13 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
I simply cannot believe the horsecrap posted by the ChristyLiberal MILF idiots!

I hear the theme from Bonanza! Could it be self appointed forum sherriff Nab coming over the hill on his tired old nag Barrett to arrest the evil Black Fingers for trangressions of libel, insults and childishness? Or is he the massive hypocrite he claims not to be? Or are kids on his lawn right now that need a fist shaken at them? Where is Sheriff Nab?
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 392 posts

Postby George+ » Jan 24th, 2013, 1:07 pm

I am sure Weedy knows when the pine beetle epidemic actually started.
There have been 'epidemics' for decades.
The most recent one actually began in the 1970's!
George+
Guru

Liked in: 134 posts

Previous

Return to BC Politics