Saturday, October 25th9.7°C

Forget the past, let’s ask Dix about the future.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: Forget the past, let’s ask Dix about the future.

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 22nd, 2012, 12:40 pm

Urbane wrote:A number of posters on here are just so emotional about the Liberals ....

I do believe in voting this government out of power Urbane. This next election's results, however, will not affect my personal life in any way whatever happens. In ten years I'm going to be working for myself again and not even living in this country. My current position has been a rewarding challenge but it's time to slow down and slack off a bit in the private sector again.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1411 posts

Postby Urbane » Dec 22nd, 2012, 2:47 pm

steven lloyd wrote:I do believe in voting this government out of power Urbane. This next election's results, however, will not affect my personal life in any way whatever happens. In ten years I'm going to be working for myself again and not even living in this country. My current position has been a rewarding challenge but it's time to slow down and slack off a bit in the private sector again.
With Adrian Dix poised to take over the government here you're very wise to be making plans to leave British Columbia.
"Just because you have the right doesn't make it right."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2250 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 22nd, 2012, 3:19 pm

Urbane wrote: With Adrian Dix poised to take over the government here you're very wise to be making plans to leave British Columbia.

:129: What’s your plan for getting rid of the people in office right now who used $6,000,000 of your money to pay off fall guys (convicted criminals) in obstructing court process, is forcing you to pay huge court costs by refusing to disclose what was promised to be public information, is currently cooking your books and has contractually obligated you to pay out billions (that's billions with a "b" urbane) over the next few decades in an IPP con where you’re the dupe ?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 1411 posts

Postby Urbane » Dec 22nd, 2012, 3:52 pm

For one thing, Steven, I like to look at all aspects of a subject before passing judgment:

http://www.bchydro.com/energy_in_bc/acq ... uired.html

By the way, I'd really like to see the "Site C" dam go ahead and I wish that we had gone ahead with it a long time ago.
"Just because you have the right doesn't make it right."
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2250 posts

Postby Smurf » Dec 22nd, 2012, 4:54 pm

I have looked at it too and most of their recent annual reports state that they are loosing money paying for power they don't need.
And paying more for power than they can sell it for. From what I have seen they have been shutting down their cheap sources just to use expensive power that they are forced to buy whether they need it or not. They/we are loosing tremendous amounts of money doing this. Does this make sense to you.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 532 posts

Postby Smurf » Dec 22nd, 2012, 5:07 pm

This has all been wrong from the start. The government in it's wisdom froze rates and made it very difficult to keep up their infastructure. For years now Manitoba Hydro and Quebec Hydro have been staying ahead of the game with upkeep and future production. All the while making good money selling power to other users. Because of rate freezes and other decissions BC Hydro has not kept up with the times. They should have already been building at least one new dam if not more and been ready to supply their own cheap hydro. I remember back in the 70's and 80's when I was working in the industry, BC Hydro was a leader in everything to do with Hydro. From what I see now they are falling behind other areas and it is and will cost us. It is an absolute shame because we have the resources to be a leader in a very necessary field. I used to read about the inovations of BC Hydro, now I read about Manitoba Hydro as a world leader in so many fields. Even their new Head office which I have never had the pleasure of seeing is one of the most innovative buildings in the world. Too bad we are still not in that spot.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 532 posts

Re: • Forget the past, let’s ask Dix about the future.

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:24 pm

Urbane wrote:The point is that we should remember the Liberal government's history and that of the NDP government as well. And no, I don't buy the argument that since the NDP was in power a decade ago the record of that government should be forgotten. People should take the history of both governments into account and then make a choice.

http://www.samedixsametricks.ca/
"Friends are the family that we choose ourselves!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 991 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 23rd, 2013, 12:59 pm

http://www.samedixsametricks.ca/

You forgot the footer:

© 2012 BC Liberals, All Rights Reserved Authorized by the Financial Agent of the BC Liberal Party. Tel: 604 606 6000. 1 800 567 2257

What a surprise!!
Professional people spend their work days actually working... not posting inane drivel on forums.
flamingfingers
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1662 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 23rd, 2013, 1:42 pm

Same tactics you've been engaging in since you blew in. :sunshine:
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Rwede » Jan 23rd, 2013, 1:57 pm

flamingfingers wrote:blah blah MILF blah blah wiggle blah blah cleavage blah blah.....

You forgot the footer:

© 2012 MapleFingers, All Rights Reserved Authorized by the Financial Agent of the New Democrat Party, where we steal money from childrens' charities and never pay it back even though we promised to in order to reduce the sentences for our NDP MLAs who got caught. Tel: 1-800-DIX-HEAD

What a surprise!!
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 1061 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 23rd, 2013, 6:52 pm

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Postby George+ » Jan 24th, 2013, 1:11 pm

With Adrian Dix poised to take over the government here you're very wise to be making plans to leave British Columbia.
Urbane

Are YOU leaving Urbane? Maybe take a few panicing buddies with you?
George+
Guru

Liked in: 228 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 24th, 2013, 3:46 pm

FYI that's "panicking" so if you're going to post insults, at least make the effort to spell them properly, oh witless twit author.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Postby George+ » Jan 24th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Last edited by George+ on Jan 24th, 2013, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 228 posts

Postby Rwede » Jan 24th, 2013, 4:07 pm

Pretty bad when someone like George who taught for 33 years can't spell. I guess that's why he is so indebted to the union. They must have covered his sorry, incompetent ass for many years.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 1061 posts

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics