Saturday, December 20th0.9°C

Forget the past, let’s ask Dix about the future.

DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble. This is a free-for-all political area where almost anything goes. Be aware of that before entering. Read the rules upon entering.

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Jo, ferri, Triple 6

Re: Forget the past, let’s ask Dix about the future.

Postby sooperphreek » Jan 27th, 2013, 9:40 pm

"George+"]Nah we've already had the best in Campbell-DUI
and Clark acting the same way!

"logicalview+"]what the hell are you talking about? Its posts like this one that make me shudder every time I think you were a teacher for 33 years. We really need a better way to screen out the lunatics like you from having access to our children.[/quote]

this superior attitude from the right makes the victories for the left all the more sweeter. can you imagine 2 brothers in the US spending $400,000,000 dollars on an election only to lose? imagine what good a "spending" left government could have done with that money. and on top of that the US lefties have engineered higher taxes on poor pampered golfers like phil mickelson. the NDP drubbing of 77-2 is so 90's. my favourite number is the 54% that got rid of the HST debacle. that at least is from this millennium and century and not old news......
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 143 posts

Postby sooperphreek » Jan 27th, 2013, 9:46 pm

Smurf wrote:This has all been wrong from the start. The government in it's wisdom froze rates and made it very difficult to keep up their infastructure. For years now Manitoba Hydro and Quebec Hydro have been staying ahead of the game with upkeep and future production. All the while making good money selling power to other users. Because of rate freezes and other decissions BC Hydro has not kept up with the times. They should have already been building at least one new dam if not more and been ready to supply their own cheap hydro. I remember back in the 70's and 80's when I was working in the industry, BC Hydro was a leader in everything to do with Hydro. From what I see now they are falling behind other areas and it is and will cost us. It is an absolute shame because we have the resources to be a leader in a very necessary field. I used to read about the inovations of BC Hydro, now I read about Manitoba Hydro as a world leader in so many fields. Even their new Head office which I have never had the pleasure of seeing is one of the most innovative buildings in the world. Too bad we are still not in that spot.

we will be a leader again. it will just be for the chinese and with chinese workers....
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Postby logicalview » Jan 29th, 2013, 1:03 am

George+ wrote:The BCTF ain't going away-get used to it.

Sooper- its the foolish comments like the one above from leftists that I enjoy. To each his own I guess.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 582 posts

Postby sooperphreek » Jan 29th, 2013, 9:39 am

why should the bctf go away anyways? they bargain contracts for their members. at least they have to fight for their benefits. unlike the liberals giving themselves raises and gold plated pensions just because. some people are so focused on the stupid things that they lose the forest for the trees. unions are not even close to the problem.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Postby Urbane » Jan 29th, 2013, 9:48 am

sooperphreek wrote:why should the bctf go away anyways? they bargain contracts for their members. at least they have to fight for their benefits. unlike the liberals giving themselves raises and gold plated pensions just because. some people are so focused on the stupid things that they lose the forest for the trees. unions are not even close to the problem.
Have you seen the salaries and benefit packages for those who work at the BCTF head office? But it's all about the kids, right?
Obsession is the single most wasteful human activity, because with an obsession you keep coming back and back and back to the same question and never get an answer.
-Norman Mailer
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2381 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 29th, 2013, 10:36 am

Rwede wrote:Too cool!

Congrats, Urbane!

All good stuff too, I might add! :D

Urbane
    Guru

Thanks!
Obsession is the single most wasteful human activity, because with an obsession you keep coming back and back and back to the same question and never get an answer.
-Norman Mailer
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby George+ » Jan 29th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Urbane, I think you mean Department heads.
Their salary is about the same as an administrator
Of a good sized school.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 259 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 29th, 2013, 2:25 pm

George+ wrote:Urbane, I think you mean Department heads.
    Of a good sized school.
I have no idea what you're talking about but since you don't know what you're talking about either I'm not concerned. I was talking about the incredibly generous salaries and benefit packages for the BCTF staffers. Carry on though George.
-Norman Mailer
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby George+ » Jan 29th, 2013, 2:30 pm

BCTF Department heads, you twit.

As has been explained many times,
BCTF staff heads are usually teachers already at max. Increment
George+
Guru

Postby Urbane » Jan 29th, 2013, 3:01 pm

George+ wrote:BCTF Department heads, you twit.

The BCTF is a huge political organization and trade union and they have lots and lots of employees making mega bucks. Of course that's fine with you. And as we all know the contributions to the BCTF from individual teachers were increased last year. Interesting that the BCTF executive were able to fit in a vote on those increases at the AGM but not able to fit in a vote on allowing the membership to elect the executive. Funny how that worked. And this from the union you always claim is so democratic. Bull feathers!
-Norman Mailer
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby logicalview » Jan 29th, 2013, 4:47 pm

George+ wrote:Urbane, I think you mean Department heads.
Of a good sized school.

But in the admins case they are actually earning the salary, unlike the BCTF stooge, whose sole purpose is to suck down a massive salary while dreaming up new ways to make our children suffer. Nice work if you can get it eh dunce clown George?
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Postby Urbane » Jan 29th, 2013, 5:10 pm

logicalview wrote:
    But in the admins case they are actually earning the salary, unlike the BCTF stooge, whose sole purpose is to suck down a massive salary while dreaming up new ways to make our children suffer. Nice work if you can get it eh dunce clown George?
Exactly, and when the union directs teachers to stop doing part of their jobs because of "job action" it's the administrators who step in to work even harder.
-Norman Mailer
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby logicalview » Jan 29th, 2013, 5:14 pm

George+ wrote:BCTF Department heads, you twit.

I can't believe that union cheerleader/dumbass dinosaur George is calling someone else a twit. Be nice George or you may lose even the 13 votes you got last election... :dyinglaughing:
logicalview
Guru

Postby George+ » Jan 30th, 2013, 12:22 pm

The "mega bucks" theory
Has been refuted many times.
Boring.
George+
Guru

Postby Urbane » Jan 30th, 2013, 12:32 pm

George+ wrote:The "mega bucks" theory
    Has been refuted many times.
    Boring.
"Refuting" something that's true doesn't make it untrue George. Good try though! The BCTF staffers' salaries are available for all to see. Do you need someone to post them again on here?
-Norman Mailer
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room