Thursday, September 18th14.4°C

NDP Makes More Promises to Union

Moderators: oneh2obabe, Triple 6, Jo, ferri

Re: NDP Makes More Promises to Union

Postby kibbs » Feb 8th, 2013, 6:34 am

You'll just replace a test that shows that learning fundamentals have changed,with one that shows we should keep bad teachers.'There is nothing that any government can do to fix a broken system We have too any lame teachers that cant handle kids that are different or number more than 24.It is the most proliferated field and we could get so much better for teachers if we were not so shackled to the union rules.If you take away anything from them,They will just go back to punishing our children.This change must come from the public.Stay home Feb 14th boycott work and school to let the union know we are sick of their control over education.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Veovis » Feb 8th, 2013, 10:38 am

This boycott you keep mentioning doesn't make any sense to me. Why would I use my vacation time to give teachers yet another paid vacation day?

That doesn't affect anything just rewards the current poor behavior.

George+ wrote:Yes, but
The public use these tests to pretend
That one school is better than another.

One school is often better than another, not everything or everyone was created equal.
Veovis
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 453 posts

Postby Rwede » Feb 8th, 2013, 10:55 am

Veovis wrote:One school is often better than another, not everything or everyone was created equal.

In Georeg's world, everyone is equal.

You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 1008 posts

Postby Urbane » Feb 8th, 2013, 11:15 am

Rwede wrote:In Georeg's world, everyone is equal.
He certainly has a warped view of the real world and for him and his BCTF colleagues "accountability" is a bad word.
"Stupid is as stupid does."
-Forrest Gump
Urbane
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2152 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 8th, 2013, 11:28 am

This boycott you keep mentioning doesn't make any sense to me. Why would I use my vacation time to give teachers yet another paid vacation day?

How else can we show our discontent with the current system without cheezing off teachers.If we dont work we shut it all down for a day.The government and unions will have to listen to the people.Communism shares equally ,unions are something else.
A Bicycle is better than a lover because they are always ready.......to go out for a good time!
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby kibbs » Feb 8th, 2013, 11:38 am

One school is often better than another, not everything or everyone was created equal.

No schools are created equal ,each struggles within its faculty and student body to better it self.Some schools are bad teacher dumping grounds .Education needs to adjust and address current realities and make internal change.All this politicking is a smoke screen and waste of money to avoid the transparencies needed and for the real work to begin.Bad teachers need to be fired .old teachers need to retire .All this wasted money needs to be spent on improving our teachers skills and abilities and improving all school facilities.I love this guy he shows that there are bad teachers.
http://www.cbc.ca/live/video-gerry-dee- ... acher.html
Last edited by kibbs on Feb 9th, 2013, 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby Gone_Fishin » Feb 8th, 2013, 1:21 pm

kibbs wrote:
How else can we show our discontent with the current system without cheezing off teachers.

Talk with your MLA and get him/her to do something about it.

Decertifying the BCTF would be a good first step.
Gone_Fishin
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 226 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 8th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Talk with your MLA and get him/her to do something about it.

Decertifying the BCTF would be a good first step.

I'd invite them over for a beer but i bet they are too busy .A letter would be lost in the masses and waste more money to read .Civil disobedience works and these days it seems to be the only thing that works.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby logicalview » Feb 8th, 2013, 2:54 pm

kibbs wrote:A letter would be lost in the masses and waste more money to read .Civil disobedience works and these days it seems to be the only thing that works.

When has civil disobedience worked? Please don't say in Quebec with those meat-head university students...
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 544 posts

Postby Rwede » Feb 8th, 2013, 3:00 pm

kibbs wrote:
I'd invite them over for a beer but i bet they are too busy .A letter would be lost in the masses and waste more money to read .Civil disobedience works and these days it seems to be the only thing that works.

Set up an appointment to talk with him/her at the constituency office. They will always meet with you when they are in town. I've done it many times with very good results. Speak to him respectfully, tell him what you want, and present facts to support your position. That's their job, to represent your views. Don't be afraid to try. Protests won't get you anything.
You are not stupid, I just think you have bad luck when thinking.

George+ says: "Makes no sense to me.
But that is not unusual."
Rwede
Guru

Liked in: 1008 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 8th, 2013, 9:03 pm

Set up an appointment to talk with him/her at the constituency office. They will always meet with you when they are in town. I've done it many times with very good results. Speak to him respectfully, tell him what you want, and present facts to support your position. That's their job, to represent your views. Don't be afraid to try. Protests won't get you anything.

I will try .Sounds like an interesting time .I still feel my standing in life would do little to impress sitting alone .i'm curious to what affect your visits had.The Quebec students had an affect. Here's a link to another perspective.

http://twofriarsandafool.com/2011/09/do ... ence-work/
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby George+ » Feb 9th, 2013, 11:33 pm

If you are going to compare schools,
compare everything.
Including all finances.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 219 posts

Postby kibbs » Feb 10th, 2013, 5:09 am

If you are going to compare schools,
compare everything.
Including all finances
how do you tell how much each school gets in total?
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby sammym » Feb 10th, 2013, 7:03 am

lmao...exactly, kibbs. There is no defining amount for any individual school.

The budget money is given to the individual school boards. Then it is up to them to figure out how much to dole out to the schools in their area.
sammym

Postby George+ » Feb 11th, 2013, 9:27 am

Many schools have fundraisers.
Lower socio-economic areas do not do as well.
George+
Guru

Liked in: 219 posts

PreviousNext

Return to BC Politics