Teacher bargaining

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Logitack
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Teacher bargaining

Post by Logitack »

Vancouver’s proposal to cut elementary school band programs is already facing strong opposition, with the Coalition for Music Education in BC and the Access to Music Foundation both voicing their concern in a statement calling for the district to maintain current funding.

I am sure the resident music teacher on castanet will agree that the music program in all districts are unnecessary and supercilious to students education program and should be cut/eliminated to meet any and all shortfalls the districts need to balance their budgets.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Post by Urbane »

I don't recall talking to any teachers who want to see any of the arts programs eliminated. Those programs have strong student and parental support as well and I don't hear anyone suggesting that they should be cut. On the contrary. You might be surprised to know that many teachers can identify some efficiencies in the system though. By doing so we can protect the programs that are important for students without spending money that we don't have.
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

I don't think he was serious, Urbane.
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

Who is funding the Fraser Institute, and why?

http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/donald- ... IA.twitter
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

KGT wrote:Who is funding the Fraser Institute, and why?

Plus, the Fraser Institute is registered as a "Charitable Foundation".

Ryan Beedie, a director on his way to Fraser Institute meeting to discuss costs of child-care in Canada:
Attachments
Ryan Beedie.JPG
Chill
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

So only people who drive 2002 Honda Civics should be on the board?
goatboy
Guru

Post by goatboy »

I would say the Fraser Institute is as biased as the source you provide criticizing it.
KGT
Lord of the Board

Post by KGT »

goatboy wrote:I would say the Fraser Institute is as biased as the source you provide criticizing it.

Not saying it isn't a biased source, but it is an interesting read.
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

LOL - who is funding the losers at Rabble and why?
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
madmudder
Board Meister

Post by madmudder »

Can anyone on this board answer the question. Who is funding the Fraser Institute? If you can't answer the question without spin. Don't bother.
Carmencat
Übergod

Post by Carmencat »

I would imagine that the Fraser Institute is funded by right wing donors, and left wing institutes are funded by left wing donors. Hardly seems like rocket science to me. As long as neither are funded by me as a taxpayer (and at least in the case of the FI, it isn't) I don't care. Why would anyone?
The Green Barbarian
Insanely Prolific

Post by The Green Barbarian »

madmudder wrote:Can anyone on this board answer the question. Who is funding the Fraser Institute? If you can't answer the question without spin. Don't bother.

This thread is about teachers, not another avenue for leftist[s] *removed* to bash the Fraser Institute.
Last edited by Merry on Apr 23rd, 2014, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
"The woke narcissists who make up the progressive left are characterized by an absolute lack of such conscience, but are experts at exploiting its presence in others." - Jordan Peterson
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

au contraire greenie. since the fraser institute puts out a periodical that rates the schools in the province - it does indeed have connections to teachers. not to mention the special interest bias that it propagates through its funding regarding teachers.
alfred2
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by alfred2 »

teachers you are at it again , school boards should dock your pay for the amount of time you will not work. do not lie and say it is for the children it is for you greedy teachers holding kids and taxpayers hostage.what right have a few to put a gun to the rest of the public whose taxes pay their wages.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

alfred2 wrote:teachers you are at it again , school boards should dock your pay for the amount of time you will not work. do not lie and say it is for the children it is for you greedy teachers holding kids and taxpayers hostage.what right have a few to put a gun to the rest of the public whose taxes pay their wages.

Go and read Justice Griffin's ruling and that will tell you who is holding kids and taxpayers hostage in this debacle. It certainly is not the teachers!! Or the BCTF (which is made up of teachers.)
Chill

Return to “Social Concerns”