Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Santa's Top 5 Naughty B.C. Liberals

Postby Urbane » Dec 11th, 2012, 7:12 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
    Well Urb.. if you are directing that barb at me, let me tell you that I absolutely DO NOT 'hate' premier photo op. Hate is much too rich an emotion to waste on her and her fleet of personal toe-suckers and fart catchers. She is shallow, egocentric, probably a sociopath and rather devoid of intellect.

She apparently is very personable in a one-to-one meet and greet, but I want a bit of meat with my potatoes! And that is really what is causing the disconnect between her and women voters. We see through the wink, wiggle, the cleavage and the glasses and judge the substance. We have decided she ain't got any.
I suppose you'd say that anyone who doesn't agree with you has the "mentality of a housewife." Sexism is alive and well on this forum.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10680 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 11th, 2012, 7:22 pm

Sexism is alive and well on this forum.

Oh get off this old canard. "Sexism" occurs between opposite sexes. Not same sexes. In other words, could you envision a circumstance where you would be 'sexist' as far as a man is concerned? Think about it.

(Ooops, maybe I have misjudged and you at not a male? If so please accept my apologies.)
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6221 posts

Postby Urbane » Dec 11th, 2012, 8:56 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Oh get off this old canard. "Sexism" occurs between opposite sexes. Not same sexes. In other words, could you envision a circumstance where you would be 'sexist' as far as a man is concerned? Think about it.
Totally and utterly wrong. Your sexism comes through loud and clear.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby NAB » Dec 12th, 2012, 7:38 am

Constant accusations of sexism by a male against a female as in this case almost makes me think it is the male who is truly being sexist ;-) "Sexism is the belief that one sex is superior to the other. Sexist arguments are usually based on real or alleged differences between men and women".

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby Urbane » Dec 12th, 2012, 9:31 am

And Nab comes to the rescue with a convoluted argument suggesting that the person who points out the sexual putdowns is actually the one being sexist for pointing them out. I'm also chuckling a bit because a year or two ago, Nab, flaming accused you of being sexist. That would make her sexist?

Character flaws and ethical lapses (e.g. forging documents, cheating to win the leadership of a party, breaking election laws) are fair game for sure, as are policies, but why the need to incessantly natter away about CC's supposed winking and wiggling? It weakens the argument against CC, not strengthen it, because it's just another "Hey, look over there" technique.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby Rwede » Dec 12th, 2012, 9:39 am

Urbane wrote:And Nab comes to the rescue with a convoluted argument suggesting that the person who points out the sexual putdowns is actually the one being sexist for pointing them out. I'm also chuckling a bit because a year or two ago, Nab, flaming accused you of being sexist. That would make her sexist?

Character flaws and ethical lapses (e.g. forging documents, cheating to win the leadership of a party, breaking election laws) are fair game for sure, as are policies, but why the need to incessantly natter away about CC's supposed winking and wiggling? It weakens the argument against CC, not strengthen it, because it's just another "Hey, look over there" technique.

With a "leader" (the term is used loosely) as corrupt and full of dirty tricks as Dix, what else do you expect from the sexist leftists, Urb? They have no other choice but to deflect from their chosen criminal's record to petty bickering about CC's boobs or the fact that she needs glasses to read.

FF screams about the cost of a glass of orange juice that CC had for breakfast, but praises Martyn Brown who screwed over the taxpayers for $416,191 with a patronage appointment, just because he subscribes to FF's constant bitch-on about CC's boobs.

Further to FF's screaming about the cost of orange juice is her condoning PSAC workers who steal $3.5 billion per year from the taxpayers through fraud. Since they are union brothers and sisters, it's all fine that they steal $3.5 billion from us, yet CC had an expensive breakfast and should be drawn and quartered. Nab worries over 70¢ on his haircut, but Brown's scam of $416,191 from us is no big deal.

The STENCH of hypocrisy from the *bleep* and Nabs on this board has reached monumental proportions!

"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5120 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 12th, 2012, 9:47 am

More convoluted truth twisting and outright lies by the ChristyLiberal toe-sucking fart catchers. Carry on.... always good for laugh!
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6221 posts

Postby NAB » Dec 12th, 2012, 10:19 am

Urbane wrote:And Nab comes to the rescue with a convoluted argument suggesting that the person who points out the sexual putdowns is actually the one being sexist for pointing them out. I'm also chuckling a bit because a year or two ago, Nab, flaming accused you of being sexist. That would make her sexist?

Hmmm, I guess if she called me sexist because I made some comment that inferred I believed one human gender was superior to the other, then she would be right in calling me sexist. But I see nothing sexist in criticism of an individual by someone of the same gender, although it could point to sexist views if done by someone of the opposite gender. So if I did that, guilty as charged I guess. But if a male comments about a specific opposite gender individual's personal/individual standards/attributes (or lack of them), or vice versa in the case of a female against a male, then to me that is not sexism. Perhaps you need to learn to differentiate between "sexism" and "sexual" because they are not the same thing ;-). You seem to be more attuned to the latter.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Dec 12th, 2012, 10:23 am

NAB wrote:
    Hmmm, I guess if she called me sexist because I made some comment that inferred I believed one human gender was superior to the other, then she would be right in calling me sexist. But I see nothing sexist in criticism of an individual by someone of the same gender, although it could point to sexist views if done by someone of the opposite gender. So if I did that, guilty as charged I guess. But if a male comments about a specific opposite gender individual's personal/individual standards/attributes (or lack of them), or vice versa in the case of a female against a male, then to me that is not sexism. Perhaps you need to learn to differentiate between "sexism" and "sexual" because they are not the same thing ;-). You seem to be more attuned to the latter.

You recently said that it was about time that the forest industry died in British Columbia so maybe that's why you're missing the forest for the trees here - LOL. Back to your dictionary.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby NAB » Dec 12th, 2012, 10:49 am

Urbane wrote:quote="NAB"]="Hmmm, I guess if she called me sexist because I made some comment that inferred I believed one human gender was superior to the other, then she would be right in calling me sexist. But I see nothing sexist in criticism of an individual by someone of the same gender, although it could point to sexist views if done by someone of the opposite gender. So if I did that, guilty as charged I guess. But if a male comments about a specific opposite gender individual's personal/individual standards/attributes (or lack of them), or vice versa in the case of a female against a male, then to me that is not sexism. Perhaps you need to learn to differentiate between "sexism" and "sexual" because they are not the same thing ;-). You seem to be more attuned to the latter."

You recently said that it was about time that the forest industry died in British Columbia so maybe that's why you're missing the forest for the trees here - LOL. Back to your dictionary.

Perhaps you could point me to where I specifically said that so I can see what the context was as I don't recall saying as much? Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with this discussion anyway, but the coastal forestry industry (in particular) is very important in my view as a coastal dweller. As to your hangup on calling people sexist - I think it is you who needs to further explore your use of the word.

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:01 am

NAB wrote:
    Perhaps you could point me to where I specifically said that so I can see what the context was as I don't recall saying as much? Not that it has anything whatsoever to do with this discussion anyway, but the coastal forestry industry (in particular) is very important in my view as a coastal dweller. As to your hangup on calling people sexist - I think it is you who needs to further explore your use of the word.

Nab
Your forest comment was many months ago and when I expressed shock you just ignored me so you had your chance to rebut it. It wasn't the coastal forest industry you were talking about but the interior forest industry. Perhaps you've changed your mind about the interior forest industry and if so that's good.

All one has to do is Google "can women be sexist against other women" and you'll see something of a consensus out there that yes they can with lots of women themselves telling stories about the sexism directed by women against women. The real point, or the "forest" for me, is the fact that there are far more important things to be discussing than whether or not Christy Clark is attractive or whether or not she has nice boobs. And these supposed winks and wiggles (even if they were occurring) would pale in comparison to the actual issues out there. For me it's far more important to talk about whether or not we want to return to the bad old days when the NDP led us to last place in Canada.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby NAB » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:09 am

Well, there's lots of appropriate threads where you can do that if you wish.

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Postby Rwede » Dec 12th, 2012, 11:48 am

NAB wrote:

Nab

About as selective as your memory when we talk about the 1990s. You don't care about any else's well-being, only the couple of pennies you stand to pocket from your haircut being cheaper.

We'll never see a recovery of the interior forest industry in our lifetimes.

NAB wrote:
Perhaps just as well...

Nab

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=42241&p=1289211&hilit=forest#p1289211
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Postby NAB » Dec 12th, 2012, 12:23 pm

Quite a bit different than Urbane accusing me of recently saying "it was about time that the forest industry died in British Columbia" huh? LOL We were apparently talking about its RECOVERY in the interior. Funny how spin works particularly when the statement "We'll never see a recovery of the interior forest industry in our lifetimes.."wasn't even made by me, but rather by Wede.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Postby Rwede » Dec 12th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Huh? Dr Nab Spin says it's a good thing that the forest sector is dying, and that's not wishing it ill? Oh boy, you are one warped individual.

I was sad for the forest industry, whose woes in the interior are a direct result of NDP policy that caused the devastation of the resource. Nab, on the other hand, said "just as well" that the industry is going to suffer for many decades to come.

You've been owned by Urbane, Nab. Time for you to scurry back outside the political forum where you can safely gobble on Dix, without your lies being called out by more intelligent posters.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room