Christy shares her thoughts

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Christy shares her thoughts...

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Dec 22nd, 2012, 7:29 pm

grammafreddy wrote:You linked to a sensationalist story about "the survey".

Drama and sensationalism is the regular MO. :D
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2648 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 22nd, 2012, 7:44 pm

So explain why women will vote for Dix and not Christy?
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5697 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Dec 22nd, 2012, 7:48 pm

flamingfingers wrote:So explain why women will vote for Dix and not Christy?

:127: :127: :200: O:) I will not take that open door..................... I will not take that open door........... :-#
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2648 posts

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 22nd, 2012, 8:04 pm

Still looking for that AR survey .....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Liked in: 789 posts

Postby Captain Awesome » Dec 22nd, 2012, 8:33 pm

Cause women like Dix.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3121 posts

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 22nd, 2012, 8:44 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
Cause women like Dix.

*GAG*

But cute
__________________________________________________________________________________________

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Postby normaM » Dec 23rd, 2012, 7:58 am

don't hear anyone calling Dix a FILF
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 663 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

grammafreddy wrote:Hmm .. so I went to the Angus Reid website and entered Christy Clark into the search feature and came up with zilch.

Maybe she doesn't actually exist and all this angst has been for naught.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3297 posts

Postby NAB » Dec 23rd, 2012, 10:07 am

VICTORIA — No bigger obstacle stands between Premier Christy Clark and winning the election than the one highlighted in a recent poll of public opinion.

“The NDP has a 33 point lead among women and is basically tied with the B.C. Liberals among men,” reported Ipsos Reid, in the firm’s analysis of a sampling of public opinion taken online in mid-September.

Some 41 per cent of the men surveyed said they’d vote for the New Democratic Party if the election were held tomorrow while 40 per cent preferred the Liberals. Dead heat.

Women, in contrast, overwhelmingly preferred the New Democrats over the Liberals, 57 per cent to 24 per cent. Landslide territory.

Or, to put it another way, the governing party’s overall 17-point lag behind the Opposition among decided voters (allowing for a margin of error estimated at about three points) is almost entirely due to the strong resistance to the Christy-Clark-led Liberals among women.

...snip>>>>cent.

“Nothing short of astonishing,” pollster Mario Canseco told Justine Hunter of the Globe and Mail newspaper. “She is just not connecting well with a lot of women.”

But why? I’ve not seen a survey of public opinion that got at the answer in any detail. I have conducted my own, not-in-the-least scientific survey of opinion. I began by noting the calls from women voters to the Bill Good show on CKNW on Sept. 21, and I also talked to women politicians, colleagues and contacts.

I’ve heard that women are harder in judging other women as leaders, particularly when they feel they’ve let down the side. I’ve heard that women resent the presumption that they’ll support a party simply because it elected a woman as leader.

I’ve heard from women who’d be voting against the Liberals whoever was leading them because they disagree with their policies, fault their record, and believe it is time for a change.

But I’ve also heard enough to suggest that many women have a particular problem with Christy Clark. They don’t like her confrontational style, the in-your-face partisanship, especially when it is contrasted to the more conciliatory stance of Adrian Dix. Some women see her as a phoney, citing such slogans-without-substance as the families first agenda. Others see her as arrogant, a me-first politician in a world with too many men who play the game that way.

Men complain about those things too. But as the polls suggest, if the election were up to men, Clark would be competitive. Her problem is with women. Many of them don’t like her. Unless they change their minds in sufficient numbers, that alone could cost her the election.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Christ ... story.html
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby maple leaf » Dec 23rd, 2012, 11:45 am

^^ that is why she is desperately running around the province holding women's only meetings.Don't think it is working though.They see right through their own ,to the facade that is presented.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
― Albert Einstein
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 479 posts

Postby normaM » Dec 23rd, 2012, 1:15 pm

I am guessing if Christy didn't look as good as she does more women would vote for her.
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 663 posts

Postby logicalview » Dec 23rd, 2012, 1:26 pm

normaM wrote:I am guessing if Christy didn't look as good as she does more women would vote for her.

yeah look how many voted for Carole James...
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of fecal matter by the clean end.
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 1927 posts

Postby grammafreddy » Dec 23rd, 2012, 1:36 pm

normaM wrote:I am guessing if Christy didn't look as good as she does more women would vote for her.

I dunno, Norma ... do ya think those boobs are real?

Her looks don't make me want to vote for or against her. Her attitude and crooked policies and those of her governing party are what I am against. I just don't like liars and thieves.

But, maaannnn ......... if all the NDP can find for a "leader" is Dix, that sure doesn't instill any confidence in me, either. Seriously - is that truly the best they've got???? :200:

grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 23rd, 2012, 2:07 pm

:129: I am guessing it’s all a matter of taste and perspective. I’m not going to say Ms. Clark is unattractive, but I just can’t see that many women being threatened by her looks. Certainly my wife isn’t.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3297 posts

Postby Smurf » Dec 23rd, 2012, 2:32 pm

Yeah Gramma it's pretty scary when Christy and Dix are the best our supposedly two best parties have to offer us. Doesn't leave much hope for our future does it.
I agree Steven, as does my wife. My wife is a senior and I'd still take ahead of Christy, especially in the brains department from anything that I have seen. If she had managed apartment complexes like Christy runs a government they'd be shuttered today. I just don't see what anyone sees in her.
Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have of changing others.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way.
Smurf
Guru

Liked in: 4633 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room