Christy shares her thoughts

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Christy shares her thoughts...

Postby Rwede » Dec 29th, 2012, 8:24 am

Urbane wrote:Those of you on the left like to forget that we need revenue for all of the services that you're demanding. It was so much fun for you to vote down the HST but the bills still need to be paid. As I say, I'll be laughing!

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? You mean they can't get some rich bass-turds to pay for everything they want? I mean really, the leftists shouldn't have to pay for the milk they suck so greadily from the taxpayers' teats. Someone else should pay for it.

Certainly you don't expect some old codger who can't afford 70¢ on his haircut, and some old crow supporting a 35 year old daughter in her basement to pay for things, do you? Tax some rich guy so that they can have a free ride. That's the only 'fair" way to do it, IMO.
"I don't even disagree with the bulk of what's in the Leap Manifesto. I'll put forward my Leap Manifesto in the next election." - John Horgan, 2017.
Rwede
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5124 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 29th, 2012, 6:15 pm

more thoughts and interview skills as demonstrated by our illustrious premier photo op. Such decorum and respect for her position and office:

Premier Christy Clark crashed the studio on Monday.

https://soundcloud.com/993thefox/premie ... rk-crashed

Mr Skin??
If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6598 posts

Postby my5cents » Dec 29th, 2012, 6:43 pm

flamingfingers wrote:more thoughts and interview skills as demonstrated by our illustrious premier photo op. Such decorum and respect for her position and office:

"Premier Christy Clark crashed the studio on Monday."

https://soundcloud.com/993thefox/premie ... rk-crashed

Mr Skin??

Summed up in one word "embarrassing"

This is our premier ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
my5cents
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1401 posts

Postby maple leaf » Dec 29th, 2012, 7:50 pm

my5cents wrote:
Summed up in one word "embarrassing"

This is our premier ?

Did you catch the blatant lie she told at about the 635 mark.Claiming that BC is leading the country in job creation with 57 thousand jobs,that is 57 thousand .When in reality it has been proven to be around 14 thousand, if that,and if you include the immigration into BC factor , we are at the same rate of growth as when she introduced her jobs plan.
And the ad's on TV still claiming that BC is stable and growing,after Moody downgraded BC to negative.And get the one that claims that Natural gas is adding a trillion dollars into BC's economy,when they haven't even built the first of many proposed plants in Kitimat yet and may never, once they realize the natural gas prices are in the toilet and there is a glut of gas on the market.They claim that the reason the BC deficit is so much higher than they first lied about, is because natural gas is not making them any money.But hey, it is adding a trillion dollars to BC's economy,figure that one out.
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
― Albert Einstein

Liked in: 488 posts

Postby Urbane » Dec 30th, 2012, 10:50 am

It's so sweet to see some posters on here so "shocked" that a political party like the Liberals would engage in politics. Only the Liberals would try to spin something to make themselves look good. The NDP would never do anything like that. Nah. So sweet.

In my opinion the Liberals don't deserve to be reelected and for me it's the way they capitulated on the HST that turned me off. And a few other things too. However, the NDP are far less deserving of being elected than the Liberals so until there's a viable alternative that will stop the NDP from being elected I have no choice but to vote Liberal. And while I still expect the NDP to win some of you on here might be surprised in May to find out that it's not the cakewalk for the NDP that you think it will be now.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 12322 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 30th, 2012, 11:30 am

Urbane wrote: ... while I still expect the NDP to win some of you on here might be surprised in May to find out that it's not the cakewalk for the NDP that you think it will be now.

I agree with you Urbane that this next election is anything but a foregone conclusion. I suspect many of those being polled right now could simply be voicing their displeasure at the current government but will fail to follow through when it counts. Despite the real historical evidence to the contrary, there are too many people too lazy or too afraid to challenge their preconceived notions and will always take the easier route of relying on old erroneous rhetoric.

On the other hand, it also seems a growing number of people are recognizing the rhetoric for what it is, are reviewing the real history and discovering the only thing that is really true is that the NDP were once decimated to the tune of two seats left but that was more than ten years ago. The growing desperation of the NDP bashers as evidenced by the weakness and irrelevance of their criticisms (in comparison to the more significant and immediate criticisms of this current government) is becoming more glaring every week. That coupled with the business communities warming to Dix does not bode well for those trying to paint the NDP as something to be more feared than the re-election of the “free-spending for their friends” Liberals.

Still, anything can and often does happen in this whacky province. We know the Liberals are likely to win at least one seat anyway. It would be fitting that seat be in the isolated land of Shangra La.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3306 posts

Postby maple leaf » Dec 30th, 2012, 12:18 pm

I agree that the coming election is not a foregone conclusion.As soon as Christy Clark and her party start flooding the airwaves with their attack ad's and false misleading advertising,like they already are, some people will be drawn in to believing it.To many people don't pay to much attention to politics to know what is really going on.They come home from a hard days work and turn on the news and are bombarded with false misleading advertising,and don't really have the time or care to check out what they are being told .The mainstream media for the most part, don't hold the government's feet to the fire and leave the average person uninformed .Although compared to 10 or so years ago the internet has evolved and now has a wealth of information that is available that wasn't as readily available to the average person 10 years ago.So as more and more people check things out the more realize and see through some of the fear mongering ,lies and deceit .This election could be different in different times,but I won't believe an NDP win until I see it on election night.
― Albert Einstein

Postby NAB » Dec 30th, 2012, 12:33 pm

It is becoming increasingly apparent that it is the Liberal Party, and those who still support them, ......who are most likely to demand ever increasing government spending , services, and programs, (combined with reductions in corporate contributions), .....plus a continuation of economic policies designed to make it ever more difficult for the average Joe, Jane, and their family to keep pace. Many thought the HST would do the job of generating the extra government revenues needed to satisfy their ever growing greed, .....but most now know in hindsight it never could nor would.

Now Christy and her gang cannot fathom where the money is to come from to pay the freight now that it has become clear that more people paying taxes through significantly more well paying jobs for BC is not going to happen any time soon. So they play endless political games, parrot old dogma, and spin spin spin in an effort to deflect public attention from the real issues and how they propose to deal with them onto irrelevant stuff like fearmongering over the NDP.

Nab
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby maple leaf » Dec 30th, 2012, 12:36 pm

Urbane wrote:It's so sweet to see some posters on here so "shocked" that a political party like the Liberals would engage in politics. Only the Liberals would try to spin something to make themselves look good. The NDP would never do anything like that. Nah. So sweet.

And no matter which party does it, it is unacceptable and needs to be pointed out and they need to be held accountable for distorting the truth for political purposes.Or nothing will change.Since we have a spineless main stream media who mostly look the other way ,it is a good thing we have independent internet news media and bloogers who have connections the average person does not have to shine a light on such things and expose it.If the NDP should win the next election that needs to continue.The whole sordid affair surrounding the Burnaby hospital all for political purposes is unexceptabl for example.
― Albert Einstein

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 30th, 2012, 12:39 pm

maple leaf wrote: The mainstream media for the most part, don't hold the government's feet to the fire and leave the average person uninformed.

It is ironic when we read some posters here complaining of Dix getting a free pass from the MSM when, in fact, the Liberals have been getting a free ride from the MSM for more than ten years. It has only been recently that we’ve had MSM political reporters (like Baldry, for example) publicly report and acknowledge, “Hey, you know what? I think maybe there’s something funky going on in Liberal town.” It’s easy to attack the bloggers as being personally motivated and disingenuous, but it seems they’re the only ones with the cajones to report what’s really going on, and rather than defending themselves from the accusations our politicians are choosing to remain mum hoping not too many will notice. Some of the bloggers reports are making it to more recognizable sources, though, and they may play a bigger impact in reforming public opinion as we get closer to the election. I think things are going to get quite interesting the closer to May we get.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Postby NAB » Dec 30th, 2012, 12:55 pm

I think the next most interesting milestone we will face will be the budget in February. Then things will really start to heat up for May. A lot of people are going to be working to disect that budget, while I expect the government to avoid producing hard numbers and detail to the greatest degree possible.

Nab
Last edited by NAB on Dec 30th, 2012, 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAB
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 207 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 30th, 2012, 12:59 pm

maple leaf wrote: ... no matter which party does it, it is unacceptable and needs to be pointed out and they need to be held accountable for distorting the truth for political purposes. Or nothing will change.

For me, that is the bottom line. Whether the NDP are elected or the Liberals re-elected, very little will really change in the personal life of the average voter. Certainly some things might change in the bigger picture - like the result of Campbell’s reckless cuts that led to unacceptably long court waits and criminals walking away free after witnesses got tired of waiting to testify and/or their lawyers successfully argued denial of due process as just one example (there are so many more), and now having to spend huge tax dollars to rehire and train people to replace the positions we couldn't afford to lose in the first place (and saved no money in doing so). But for most of us it will mean nothing more than paying a few dollars more a month in taxes (sorry folks, there are bills we need to start paying no matter what the unicorns and fairies are telling you) – the NDP being more open about their methods of taxation and the Liberals hiding it through user fees, tolls, consumption taxes, etc. that disproportionately target the lower and middle class income earners.

If we really want government to be truly honest and accountable then we have to start voting them out when they’re not. What the NDP did ten years ago is irrelevant. They were voted out of power. Today we have a government in power who, by most people’s assessment, is even more corrupt and malfeasant than any government in the history of this province. To re-elect that government because of some exaggerated myths of a government long gone is just perpetuating the message we have no power and we choose to get comfortable with our pants down in the bums up and kneeling position.

I can’t do that. I believe it is long past the time we start voting governments out of power instead of into power. Perhaps if we start doing that, and keep doing it (the NDP can be voted out again in another four years as well), then one day we will have a government that will truly strive to be honest and accountable to the electorate at large.

Bottom line: If there is no change then there is no change.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 30th, 2012, 1:06 pm

NAB wrote: Now Christy and her gang cannot fathom where the money is to come from to pay the freight now that it has become clear that more people paying taxes through significantly more well paying jobs for BC is not going to happen any time soon.

The Liberals were kicking the can down the road long before Ms. Clark came to power, and to date they've already kicked that can down the road at least another thirty years. No government in the history of this province has even come close to putting us farther behind or committed us to more debt. We should have gotten rid of this government a long time ago and we're going to be paying for that mistake for a long time to come - no matter what governmment is in power.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Dec 30th, 2012, 2:57 pm

An interesting read from Brian Kieran:

…snip….
Bottom line? When it comes to managing our Treasury, the Liberals are running on empty. On their watch, B.C.'s total debt has doubled in just over a decade from $33 billion to $66 billion. A province dedicated to holding the line on personal income taxes while constrained by shrinking resource revenues cannot keep growing its net debt by more than $2 billion a year and claim to have a prudent fiscal plan.
…snip….
As Feb. 19 approaches it will be increasingly difficult for Clark and de Jong to be taken seriously as they insist that red is black.

Read the whole article here:

http://www.briankieran.com/
If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6598 posts

Postby steven lloyd » Dec 30th, 2012, 3:12 pm

When it comes to managing our Treasury, the Liberals are running on empty. On their watch, B.C.'s total debt has doubled in just over a decade from $33 billion to $66 billion. Read the whole article here:

http://www.briankieran.com/

And that doesn't even include the many billions in debt deferred over the next three decades
- and the lapdog apologists want us to be scared of the NDP :dyinglaughing:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room