Christy shares her thoughts

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Christy shares her thoughts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:37 pm

Seems evident I need to remind the lunatic leftists that government contracts go out to tender so who wins them isn't so cut and dried, unlike NDP regulations that stipulated only those employing union labor are eligible to bid, which immediately excludes a large number of businesses, simply as payback to their buddies. How this isn't viewed as a conflict of interest and malfeasance is beyond me, but I guess when you have your head stuck up your rectum it's all good.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2652 posts

Postby George+ » Jan 2nd, 2013, 12:48 pm

George+
Guru

Liked in: 712 posts

Postby maple leaf » Jan 2nd, 2013, 3:14 pm

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Seems evident I need to remind the lunatic leftists that government contracts go out to tender so who wins them isn't so cut and dried, unlike NDP regulations that stipulated only those employing union labor are eligible to bid, which immediately excludes a large number of businesses, simply as payback to their buddies. How this isn't viewed as a conflict of interest and malfeasance is beyond me, but I guess when you have your head stuck up your rectum it's all good.

Government contracts don't always end up to the fairest bidder under the Liberal government ,for example;

Tercon vs British Columbia, a landmark case where the Ministry of Transportation and several high level government employees altered documents and hid details to purposely rig a bid and give a large contract to another ‘ preferred’ bidder.

First today, more from the Supreme Court of Canada’s reasons for judgement, with reference to the actions of the province of British Columbia, Ministry of Transportation:

…The Province accepted a bid from a bidder who was not eligible to participate in the tender and then took steps to ensure that this fact was not disclosed.

…The trial judge found that the respondent (which I will refer to as the Province) breached the express provisions of the tendering contract with Tercon by accepting a bid from another party who was not eligible to bid and by ultimately awarding the work to that ineligible bidder. In short, a bid was accepted and the work awarded to a party who should not even have been permitted to participate in the tender process.

…The Province appealed and the Court of Appeal reversed (2007 BCCA 592, 73 B.C.L.R. (4th) 201). Dealing only with the exclusion clause issue, it held that the clause was clear and unambiguous and barred compensation for all defaults

…On Tercon’s appeal to this Court, the questions for us are whether the successful bidder was eligible to participate in the RFP and, if not, whether Tercon’s claim for damages is barred by the exclusion clause.

…In my respectful view, the trial judge reached the right result on both issues. The Province’s attempts to persuade us that it did not breach the tendering contract are, in my view, wholly unsuccessful. The foundation of the tendering contract was that only six, pre-selected bidders would be permitted to participate in the bidding. As the trial judge held, the Province not only acted in a way that breached the express and implied terms of the contract by considering a bid from an ineligible bidder, it did so in a manner that was an affront to the integrity and business efficacy of the tendering process. One must not lose sight of the fact that the trial judge found that the Province acted egregiously by “ensuring that [the true bidder] was not disclosed” (para. 150) and that its breach “attacke[d] the underlying premise of the [tendering] process” (para. 146), a process which was set out in detail in the contract and, in addition, had been given ministerial approval as required by statute.
http://lailayuile.files.wordpress.com/2 ... t-2006.pdf

Read more about government and contract corruption here.http://lailayuile.com/2012/06/19/money- ... -the-land/
“If I were to remain silent, I’d be guilty of complicity.”
― Albert Einstein

Liked in: 488 posts

Postby Veovis » Jan 2nd, 2013, 3:50 pm

maple leaf wrote:Government contracts don't always end up to the fairest bidder under the Liberal government ,for example;

Tercon vs British Columbia, a landmark case where the Ministry of Transportation and several high level government employees altered documents and hid details to purposely rig a bid and give a large contract to another ‘ preferred’ bidder.

This is also why they have gone to court over it. Whether NDP or Liberal these types of offences will occur and a person or companies recourse is the justice system (flawed as it is as well). I don't find this in any way a "Liberal Party" issue, as much as someone abusing power. This happens at all levels and all alignments of government, and the people involved should have their arses handed to them accordingly.

I don't understand the support for "union only" applications though? What if it was "christian only" "Men only" "white only". Why should any contract or bid have qualifiers for the job other than the simple fact that they are qualified?
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4390 posts

Postby LoneWolf_53 » Jan 2nd, 2013, 4:04 pm

Well stated! :rate10:
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 2652 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 2nd, 2013, 4:14 pm

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Seems evident I need to remind the lunatic leftists that government contracts go out to tender so who wins them isn't so cut and dried, unlike NDP regulations that stipulated only those employing union labor are eligible to bid, which immediately excludes a large number of businesses, simply as payback to their buddies. How this isn't viewed as a conflict of interest and malfeasance is beyond me, but I guess when you have your head stuck up your rectum it's all good.

well stated. Once the government decides to build some infrastructure, then the decision process can go one of several ways - one being to put out a call for tender to ALL vendors, or just to unionized vendors. It makes no sense to exclude non-union vendors, unless you are morally bankrupt and are rewarding them for shoving money in your pockets, and shafting the taxpayers in exchange for future support. Infrastructure costs a lot of money, but to say that because it was built by non unionists therefore means that "billions" went into the hands of corporations is ludicrous. All we the taxpayer should care about is that the projects were built on time, on code so they don't collapse, and on budget. Our bridge here in Kelowna seems to be meeting all three criteria. The only people I see complaining about it, and making statements filled with lies, are the union shills and NDP lapdogs.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Liked in: 1928 posts

Postby George+ » Jan 2nd, 2013, 4:24 pm

Read, at least, the last paragraph of this:

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/La ... story.html
George+
Guru

Postby logicalview » Jan 2nd, 2013, 4:37 pm

George+ wrote:Read, at least, the last paragraph of this:

http://www.vancouversun.com/business/La ... story.html

Thanks for posting this link George. This section shows just how nutless Dix really is:

But notably missing was any suggestion of what Dix would offer teachers if he were in power, a fact that was surely intentional.

Dix said at the time he did not want to interfere in free collective bargaining, something his party holds as a key element in its approach to labour relations. But avoiding the specifics also let Dix escape making any declarations that could come back to haunt him.

Nutless loser!
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

Postby George+ » Jan 2nd, 2013, 4:53 pm

Not interfering with collective bargaining, as the Liberals
have done again and again, sounds good to most teachers i know.
George+
Guru

Postby steven lloyd » Jan 2nd, 2013, 5:02 pm

Veovis wrote: Whether NDP or Liberal these types of offences will occur and a person or companies recourse is the justice system (flawed as it is as well). I don't find this in any way a "Liberal Party" issue, as much as someone abusing power.

LoneWolf_53 wrote:Well stated! :rate10:

Indeed. Agreed 100% - and until we start voting these governments out of power instead of simply re-electing them back into power there is absolutely no reason or motive for them to change their methods (or for us to stop paying their court costs).
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 3306 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 3rd, 2013, 7:05 pm

More "thoughtful remarks' from Christy:

http://www.newsroom.gov.bc.ca/ministrie ... e-premier/

There is a village out there who has lost their idiot... Thought perhaps she would fit into Lumby but I think dickie and co have that tied up.

"Motivational speaker" is probably best left off her resume.
If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6602 posts

Postby Urbane » Jan 3rd, 2013, 7:17 pm

flamingfingers wrote:More "thoughtful remarks' from Christy:

There is a village out there who has lost their idiot... Thought perhaps she would fit into Lumby but I think dickie and co have that tied up.

Cool! It's great to see a provincial premier with a sense of humour and one who's willing to show her human side. Thanks for posting that flaming.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 12330 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Jan 3rd, 2013, 7:26 pm

^Great to see part of the dickie and co join in..
If ignorance is bliss, why is everyone so unhappy?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6602 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Jan 3rd, 2013, 11:16 pm

Hey, this just in, Adrian Dix has made a resolution too:

"The next time I break a law, I'm going to try not to get caught!"

Bravo, Adrian, what a noble resolution. I'm sure you'll be put to the resolution-keeping test soon, given your track record!

Ecclesiastes 10:2 "A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left."
Get a high school drama teacher to run a country, and what do you get? High school drama.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4319 posts

Postby logicalview » Jan 4th, 2013, 6:11 am

flamingfingers wrote:More "thoughtful remarks' from Christy:

That was extremely funny and well done. Only a bitter obsessive old crone would think otherwise. So much better than what the nutless memo-forger would have done.
Not afraid to say "It".
logicalview
Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room