Christy absent 70% of the time!

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Christy absent 70% of the time!

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 28th, 2014, 6:50 pm

Elect Independents. They have no party line to toe and they live among the constituents they serve, are more readily available to the public they represent and because they are strictly 'individuals' chosen by the community-at-large, are relatively immune to corporate or union donations to a 'party'.

If we could have more Vicki Huntingtons and more Andrew Weavers, we could perhaps have a government that was forced to THINK about policies that actually benefited the electorate instead of corporations.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6294 posts

Postby Urbane » Nov 28th, 2014, 7:57 pm

flamingfingers wrote:If we could have more Vicki Huntingtons and more Andrew Weavers, we could perhaps have a government that was forced to THINK about policies that actually benefited the electorate instead of corporations.
Corporations do nothing to benefit the electorate? Wow! A majority of voters know better and that's why your party keeps losing election after election and that's also why not many anti-business independent MLA's have been elected over the years.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10879 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 28th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Urb wrote:
Corporations do nothing to benefit the electorate? Wow! A majority of voters know better and that's why your party keeps losing election after election and that's also why not many anti-business independent MLA's have been elected over the years.

So Urb, list the corporations that have benefited the electorate in BC - the ones who don't receive subsidies on the taxpayers backs, the ones who actually produce significant revenues to the benefit of BC citizens, ok?

BTW: I have made clear my 'political affiliations' so your snide comment about "your party' holds no water whatsoever.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Nov 28th, 2014, 8:16 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
    So Urb, list the corporations that have benefited the electorate in BC - the ones who don't receive subsidies on the taxpayers backs, the ones who actually produce significant revenues to the benefit of BC citizens, ok?

BTW: I have made clear my 'political affiliations' so your snide comment about "your party' holds no water whatsoever.
Enbridge and Kinder Morgan are two corporations that benefit the electorate. BCIMC invests in those corporations and many others on behalf of retired public employees in this province. I realize that's an annoying reality for you but a reality it is!
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 28th, 2014, 8:29 pm

^And what are their 'takeaways' compared to the 'value' they manifest?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Nov 28th, 2014, 8:49 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^And what are their 'takeaways' compared to the 'value' they manifest?
There go the goal posts . . . LOL . . . as you now want to me to tell you how MUCH they benefit the electorate. Well, as a retired teacher I can tell you that the benefit is substantial. There are many retired firefighters, police officers, teachers, school administrators etc. who are benefitting from these corporations through their public sector pensions. The Municipal Pension Plan, the College Pension Plan, the Public Service Pension Plan, the Teachers’ Pension Plan, and the WorkSafeBC Pension Plan all have money invested in corporations. These corporations pay taxes which help pay for health care and education as well but none of that matters to those who, on ideological grounds, simply dislike corporations.
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 28th, 2014, 8:55 pm

^^Marvelous nonanswer!!
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Nov 28th, 2014, 8:58 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^Marvelous nonanswer!!
Marvelous loss for words at my very good answer!
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby flamingfingers » Nov 28th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Care to tell me how much BCIMC skins us BEFORE those funds are invested?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Postby Urbane » Nov 28th, 2014, 9:14 pm

flamingfingers wrote:Care to tell me how much BCIMC skins us BEFORE those funds are invested?
How far you planning on moving those goalposts??? From the BCIMC site:

Welcome to the British Columbia Investment Management Corporation (bcIMC)

With a global portfolio of more than $114.0 billion, bcIMC is one of Canada's largest institutional investors within the capital markets. We invest on behalf of public sector clients in British Columbia. Our activities help finance the retirement benefits of more than 522,000 plan members, as well as the insurance and benefit funds that cover over 2.2 million workers in British Columbia.

Based in Victoria, British Columbia and supported by industry-leading expertise, we offer our public sector clients responsible investment options across a range of asset classes: fixed income; mortgages; public and private equity; real estate; infrastructure; renewable resources; long-term strategic themes. Our investments provide the returns that secure our clients' future payments and obligations.

To further ruin your evening I'll let you know that the NDP government set up the bcIMC in 1999. Anyway, you seem to have strayed a long way from your thread topic which is about Christy Clark not working unless she's actually in the Legislature. I'm not sure whether your definition of work applies to all MLA's or just Premier Clark and I'm not sure if you apply your little rule to other professions such as teaching but it sure is a ridiculous rule!
"Spectemur agendo"
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Postby madmudder » Nov 29th, 2014, 7:35 am

Pot meet kettle.
madmudder
Board Meister

Liked in: 139 posts

Postby madmudder » Nov 29th, 2014, 7:37 am

GB
It certainly is sad that if anyone dares point out the NDP's obvious lack of understanding on most any issue, or their lopsided view of reality, the NDP supporters first knee jerk reaction is to call those people all kinds of childish names, and label them extreme right-wingers. The reality is that most of the folks who openly criticize the NDP are not right-wing, nor do they vote Liberal, they just want to be represented by intelligent fiscally responsible politicians who actually represent all British Columbians, not just their union masters' special interests...

From the king of name calling.LOL

Smurf likes this post.
madmudder
Board Meister

Liked in: 139 posts

Postby Jo » Nov 29th, 2014, 7:59 am

NEWS FLASH: Almost (there are exceptions, but almost) everybody in here is either a pot or a kettle.

2 people like this post.
Jo
Slot 16

Liked in: 3687 posts

Re: Christy absent 70% of the time!!

Postby KGT » Nov 29th, 2014, 10:08 am

Captain Awesome wrote:I thought everybody wanted he to spend as much time as possible in West Kelowna and around province doing "real work", not sitting on her *bleep* in Victoria.

Oh has she been spending all of her time here in West Kelowna? Seriously?
KGT
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 887 posts

Re: Christy absent 70% of the time!!

Postby KGT » Nov 29th, 2014, 10:13 am

flamingfingers wrote:

Premier only interested in seeing things her way

“I had to go to India to drum up jobs for B.C.”

I thought she was in India to promise loads of LNG jobs for TFW's?

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2014/20141013/punjab.htm#23
KGT
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 887 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room