Naloxone bandwagon

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Naloxone bandwagon

Postby foodsmith » Jun 12th, 2017, 2:34 pm

Fella, I guarantee you my family and I were researching and working in this field for years before you were even pooping yellow.

The only thing "new" to this topic as far as this group goes is the volume of hot air being blown on a daily basis.

You and the tantrum queen can yap this one all you like and fill the forum with BS for days, but it won't make your BS any closer to fact.

It's like my dear old Dad used to say: Just 'cause you pour syrup on s-h-i-t, it don't make it pancakes.
foodsmith
Board Meister

Liked in: 285 posts

Postby the truth » Jun 13th, 2017, 8:53 am

foodsmith wrote:Fella, I guarantee you my family and I were researching and working in this field for years before you were even pooping yellow.

The only thing "new" to this topic as far as this group goes is the volume of hot air being blown on a daily basis.

You and the tantrum queen can yap this one all you like and fill the forum with BS for days, but it won't make your BS any closer to fact.

It's like my dear old Dad used to say: Just 'cause you pour syrup on s-h-i-t, it don't make it pancakes.

so stop pouring naloxone on problem-poop-
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Lynn K likes this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6071 posts

Postby dirtguy » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:19 pm

I personally believe they should stop giving out these life saving kits and let these junkies die off...yes i am serious
dirtguy
Board Meister

Liked in: 120 posts

Postby Verum » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:24 pm

dirtguy wrote:I personally believe they should stop giving out these life saving kits and let these junkies die off...yes i am serious

Should we do the same with all self-inflicted injuries and sickness? If not, why not?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1221 posts

Postby dirtguy » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:27 pm

I'm not so sure they are the same thing
dirtguy
Board Meister

Postby Verum » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:35 pm

dirtguy wrote:I'm not so sure they are the same thing

Other than your own personal sense of morality, why?
What is so different about someone engaging in dangerous sports, which are often more dangerous than taking heroin, that they deserve to receive treatment but those who take heroin don't?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Postby alanjh595 » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:38 pm

Verum wrote:
dirtguy wrote:I'm not so sure they are the same thing

Other than your own personal sense of morality, why?
What is so different about someone engaging in dangerous sports, which are often more dangerous than taking heroin, that they deserve to receive treatment but those who take heroin don't?

Like driving?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

khutchi likes this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3428 posts

Postby dirtguy » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:42 pm

How many people died playing sports this year in Kelowna? And generally speaking people who are playing sports are contributing members of society. Junkies just make the alleys smell like *bleep* and steal stuff
dirtguy
Board Meister

Postby Verum » Oct 27th, 2017, 1:48 pm

dirtguy wrote:How many people died playing sports this year in Kelowna? And generally speaking people who are playing sports are contributing members of society. Junkies just make the alleys smell like *bleep* and steal stuff

Drug addiction is far more prevalent than that. It is everywhere and not just restricted to homeless people or the outcasts of society. Most drug addicts are contributing members of society.

khutchi likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Postby khutchi » Oct 27th, 2017, 2:09 pm

dirtguy wrote: Junkies just make the alleys smell like *bleep* and steal stuff

http://torontosun.com/2017/10/10/thomps ... 3dd290b787

Or worse perpetuate the myth to kids that a post secondary education is worth $15,000 per/year. OD affects all stratas of society and even our most "productive" members (whatever that means).
"History is like a slingshot... the more you go back, the further you'll go."

Verum likes this post.
khutchi
Fledgling

Liked in: 111 posts

Postby Veovis » Oct 27th, 2017, 6:09 pm

khutchi wrote:Or worse perpetuate the myth to kids that a post secondary education is worth $15,000 per/year. OD affects all stratas of society and even our most "productive" members (whatever that means).

See this is also a myth. One small change and you have an accurate statement. "Or worse perpetuate the myth to kids that ALL post secondary education is worth $15,000 per/year.

All issues need accurate discussion to advance. The naloxone is certainly one, and a weird one. It's an attempt to help, having people just not do drugs would be awesome. When I first moved to BC I had no idea that weed was a common thing, now we have a poisoned well worse than usual for what is apparently (again to my surprise) far more common than everyone else thinks too.

This is a death prevention, not a solution, it's a first step in hope for change I suppose.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4129 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room