Central Okanagan housing market thread

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Catsumi » Dec 10th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Well, that was quite a night at the Housing party; the speeches about HOUSING touched many a heart. The food was awesome and plentiful (QK can you send recipe for crab dip? We all liked seeing the crabs still alive and snapping), the Opera was fantastic, too much to drink, and best of all, NormaM leaping out of the cake at midnight (a bit waxy but still fetching as ever).

The gowns and jewellry, the tuxedos and thong, the BBQ fire, too many devilled eggs, the quarrels and ....memory fails me as when trying to escape BMan scissors I hid in a closet and fell asleep.

:200:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2451 posts

Postby Bpeep » Dec 10th, 2017, 11:53 pm

That sleep was induced.
Best.
Slide.
Ever.

Happy housing crash peeps.
If you are reading this, you are not Amish.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 9767 posts

Postby Bpeep » Dec 10th, 2017, 11:53 pm

Cats.
Call me.
If you are reading this, you are not Amish.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 9767 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 11th, 2017, 12:00 am

Yes dear? :admin: You looked fetching. Catsumi, crab dip recipe is in your PM. LANDM, who knew you could BBQ like that? Slootman never showed :-X But ooohh my, can Alan ever sing, and GenesisGT! Quite the line dancer. NormaM, I've got the pix.

I found a dump in Lower Mission, Hazel something or other. Five bedrooms, two Baths, after getting to know you all better maybe we could pool our resources and all move in together. I've got the MLS No.
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13005 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 11th, 2017, 10:12 am

On my mad dash through the mansion to avoid attentions of the scissor queen, I noticed a delivery man hauling boxes to the sidedoor. Curious, I investigated boxes to find one stuffed with trophies, large and small, silver and gold, some shiney and others dull for lack of polishing.

The other two boxes contained bottles of the finest scotch and expensive champagne that W105 and Landm carried inside. I noticed everyone popped and cracked ththose jewels immediately. The accompanying note (tucked away in my pocket) and read later in the privacy of the closet before my mysterious nap was uplifting and ominous together. Thinking that it might disturb some partiers I did not read it aloud (but who would have heard anyway above that live swing band orchestra?) I still have the note here with me.

Seeking refuge once again (she is a persistent pursuer) I entered the library whereupon two figures, close together under the illumination of a single lamp were discerned. Moving closer, the scene: Ka-el sitting on Lightspeeds lap, quietly braiding his beard while Lightspeed read the highlights of HOUSING in a soft, comforting voice. :cry:

A tender scene to be sure, caught by our official photographer QK, who will also provide us each with a copy of the Housing Memory Album

Then, off again in a dash...... :panic:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby HoboJo » Dec 11th, 2017, 8:45 pm

My 45, 000 mortgage payment is coming up. Please don't let this bubble crash before spring and I reap all that sweet sweet karma. (and grass. just grass.)
Don't count your chickens before they cross the road.
HoboJo
Übergod

Liked in: 417 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 12th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Catsumi wrote:On my mad dash through the mansion to avoid attentions of the scissor queen, I noticed a delivery man hauling boxes to the sidedoor. Curious, I investigated boxes to find one stuffed with trophies, large and small, silver and gold, some shiney and others dull for lack of polishing.

The other two boxes contained bottles of the finest scotch and expensive champagne that W105 and Landm carried inside. I noticed everyone popped and cracked ththose jewels immediately. The accompanying note (tucked away in my pocket) and read later in the privacy of the closet before my mysterious nap was uplifting and ominous together. Thinking that it might disturb some partiers I did not read it aloud (but who would have heard anyway above that live swing band orchestra?) I still have the note here with me.

Seeking refuge once again (she is a persistent pursuer) I entered the library whereupon two figures, close together under the illumination of a single lamp were discerned. Moving closer, the scene: Ka-el sitting on Lightspeeds lap, quietly braiding his beard while Lightspeed read the highlights of HOUSING in a soft, comforting voice. :cry:

A tender scene to be sure, caught by our official photographer QK, who will also provide us each with a copy of the Housing Memory Album

Then, off again in a dash...... :panic:

OH For Gawds sake, what was in the note? The secret KFC chicken recipe? Run Hobojo, Run! Or the secrets only forum can reveal about his mysterious absence from the threads? Is he a spy somewhere? Is he filming the whole party scene? Are we going to see him again someday?

forum, oh forum, where art thou forum?

And Ka-el got to Lightspeed's lap before I got a chance. Damn it Ka-el. And wow can W501 ever drink? how many bottles? And did LANDM get burned in a delicate spot? Bigger thong needed?
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.

Catsumi likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13005 posts

Postby lightspeed » Dec 13th, 2017, 6:53 am

Who'd a thunk that beard wax would made a good lube.....red carpet got more stains on it. Nasty.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

Queen K likes this post.
lightspeed
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2054 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 13th, 2017, 10:23 am

Queen K wrote: And Ka-el got to Lightspeed's lap before I got a chance. Damn it Ka-el.

Sorry Queen, but ya snooze, ya lose :biggrin:
"liberal governments both sides of the border always seem to be left cleaning up the messes left by conservative governments" - dr. don boys

Queen K likes this post.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5049 posts

Postby Catsumi » Dec 13th, 2017, 10:46 am

Aha! Here is the note that I pocketed at HOUSING party. As you can see, it is written on the finest vellum with small crown at center top. Here are contents, verbatim

"Howdy All

Can't join your big event as family and I are guests of the Grimaldi's (Monaco, a great place to store my Bitcoin cashout). The Prince needs advice on buy/sell strategies for cryptocurrency and dwellings. This is a beautiful palace. I have to leave my boots outside as maids were complaining about the castle's marble floors scratched up by spurs. LOL Nice furnishings, none of that cheap leatherette or velveteen here.

Wife and I are considering buying next door.

Divvy up all those trophies, drink up all that scotch and champagne I sent over. Have a good time, but be heedful, the crash is on its way soon!!!!! "

There was also this enigmatic photo enclosed.

dog.jpg

Well Forum, welcome back to the fold. Wish you had turned up on Saturday so I could have put you into the cake, but NormaM was a first rate substitute.

Tell us of your adventures at the Grimaldi's palace? Did you nick a few souvenirs?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Catsumi on Dec 13th, 2017, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston Churchill

Queen K likes this post.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Postby W105 » Dec 13th, 2017, 11:10 am

caption030817-500x667.jpg
best drinks ever !! Bravo to the Bartender !!

and Forum is back ?? how's it hanging Cowboy ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

2 people like this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3115 posts

Postby forum » Dec 13th, 2017, 7:55 pm

Looks like a I missed a little bit of a get together. Why are there adult diapers and KY in the bins out back?

I won't apologise for my absence. I've been doing a lot of this lately.

And it's been paying off.

3 people like this post.
forum
Guru

Liked in: 1370 posts

Postby HoboJo » Dec 13th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Well. I don't say.

Party? Call me an ooger and I'll be right there-ish.

So, the ooger shows up and I am pretty stoked. 67' is my favourite year Camaro and the stocked bar was a plus.

Thank you to the random partier that called it for me!

The detour through the Bahamas made me late for the party but it WAS a Bitchin Camero

Catsumi likes this post.
HoboJo
Übergod

Postby W105 » Dec 15th, 2017, 6:58 pm

interesting..so Helmut figures a "crash" is coming....rare to see someone say this out loud..

Housing crash on the horizon

https://okanaganedge.net/2017/12/15/com ... ing-crash/

He doesn’t know exactly when it will happen, but Helmut Pastrick says there’s a very good chance the Central Okanagan housing market will end its considerable climb with a sizable crash.

Speaking to members of the Kelowna Chamber of Commerce Dec. 15, the chief economist for Central 1 Credit Union said there was a 70 per cent chance a recession will send the region’s housing market into freefall.

The corresponding hit to house prices will depend on how much they rose in the preceding upswing, but Pastrick said it will likely mean a 20-30 per cent price drop in the Central Okanagan.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3115 posts

Postby HoboJo » Dec 15th, 2017, 7:54 pm

The USA jacked their interest rate. Canada will have to follow suite to protect the dollar.

Exporters love a low dollar. Consumers not so much. We pay 'world' price for our own commodities including gas.

Foreign investors really love a low dollar.

Banking uncertainty will likely require larger down payments for first time buyers. Cost of ownership will go up.

Of course all your houses no longer have value. Drop your keys off at my place and flee to Nicaragua while you still have a chance. Save yourselves!

2 people like this post.
HoboJo
Übergod

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room