Central Okanagan housing market thread

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby kingsandman » Jan 9th, 2018, 10:29 am

Someone want to show me where unemployment in the Central Okanagan went up?
http://cso.ie/en/releasesandpublication ... ember2017/
Model citizen......zero discipline.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1703
Likes: 28 posts
Liked in: 388 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby forum » Jan 9th, 2018, 7:59 pm

kingsandman wrote:Someone want to show me where unemployment in the Central Okanagan went up?
http://cso.ie/en/releasesandpublication ... ember2017/


In B.C., the jobless rate fell two points to 4.6 per cent. In Kelowna, it was 6.3 per cent, up two points.

Look it up yourself, we're not your librarian.

Like I said, less jobs in Kelowna, less people to purchase it's overpriced Real Estate. Young families have a poor job pool to pick from in Kelowna, while the elderly can't afford their own home, upkeep and property taxes. Everyone in Kelowna thinks beating up Telus or Shaw to save $50/month is enough to save themselves. (A sign of desperation)

For those who overloaded with Real Estate in the Okanagan, good luck in 2018, you're going to need it. Pray to whatever Lord you have, that the bank doesn't call in your HELOC.

Investors should be looking elsewhere beside Real Estate. The smart ones already have. Smart money left Real Estate last year as they watched Toronto area bubble blow up and then bust in a matter of months.
User avatar
forum
Guru
 
Posts: 5598
Likes: 925 posts
Liked in: 1265 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby LTD » Jan 10th, 2018, 7:40 am

real estate will be just fine and banks don't call in HELOCS unless youre not making payments I would be more concerned about my rent going up if I was you
sandman provided you a link for unemployment stats clearly showing the opposite of your claim
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3449
Likes: 2330 posts
Liked in: 2624 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby LANDM » Jan 10th, 2018, 8:31 am

forum wrote:
kingsandman wrote:Someone want to show me where unemployment in the Central Okanagan went up?
http://cso.ie/en/releasesandpublication ... ember2017/


In B.C., the jobless rate fell two points to 4.6 per cent. In Kelowna, it was 6.3 per cent, up two points.

Look it up yourself, we're not your librarian.

Like I said, less jobs in Kelowna, less people to purchase it's overpriced Real Estate. Young families have a poor job pool to pick from in Kelowna, while the elderly can't afford their own home, upkeep and property taxes. Everyone in Kelowna thinks beating up Telus or Shaw to save $50/month is enough to save themselves. (A sign of desperation)

For those who overloaded with Real Estate in the Okanagan, good luck in 2018, you're going to need it. Pray to whatever Lord you have, that the bank doesn't call in your HELOC.

Investors should be looking elsewhere beside Real Estate. The smart ones already have. Smart money left Real Estate last year as they watched Toronto area bubble blow up and then bust in a matter of months.


Apparently you aren’t your own librarian either. For someone who, as one of their many claims, is supposed to be a teacher, you should do better.....in everything, really....than you are doing on here.

Using StatsCan data, you are wrong again, of course. You need to break out of this four year funk. [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/lfss04k-eng.htm

What will it take to bribe your mom to take away your computer access again or ground you or whatever happened for that month where you graced us with your absence?

2 people like this post.
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 5960
Likes: 1556 posts
Liked in: 3030 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby forum » Jan 10th, 2018, 9:26 am

https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/lfss04k-eng.htm

Column 2 follow it all the way down where it says Kelowna unemployment and unemployment rate % much higher than other cities in Canada. Much much higher.

The housing market has been falling since last July.

Lots of reduced prices, lots of construction slowing down.
User avatar
forum
Guru
 
Posts: 5598
Likes: 925 posts
Liked in: 1265 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby kingsandman » Jan 10th, 2018, 11:52 am

forum wrote:https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/lfss04k-eng.htm

Column 2 follow it all the way down where it says Kelowna unemployment and unemployment rate % much higher than other cities in Canada. Much much higher.

The housing market has been falling since last July.

Lots of reduced prices, lots of construction slowing down.

Someone posts in the "Central Okanagan Housing thread" that, and I quote, "unemployment went up".

I then ask "can someone show me where?" and you respond with your usually B.S.
Using YOUR link, the one YOU provided, it clearly shows that unemployment went DOWN in the Central Okanagan from 8.5% in December 2016 to 6.4% in December 2017. This is directly contrary to "Unemployment went up".....

You really are the biggest idiot to ever post on here.

FYI, the "Unemployment Rate" includes retirees with no intention of ever working again, they're too busy counting their cash...
Model citizen......zero discipline.

4 people like this post.
User avatar
kingsandman
Übergod
 
Posts: 1703
Likes: 28 posts
Liked in: 388 posts
Joined: Dec 1st, 2007, 5:47 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Even Steven » Jan 10th, 2018, 12:04 pm

kingsandman wrote:Using YOUR link, the one YOU provided, it clearly shows that unemployment went DOWN in the Central Okanagan from 8.5% in December 2016 to 6.4% in December 2017. This is directly contrary to "Unemployment went up".....


Burn.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2698
Likes: 177 posts
Liked in: 1940 posts
Joined: Mar 24th, 2015, 7:20 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby forum » Jan 10th, 2018, 12:34 pm

Uh no...read it again. Unemployment went down for everyone, but Kelowna is up 2 points above the average. Kelowna has a higher unemployment rate than the other cities. Unemployment went down from really crappy, to crappy. So put your pom poms down.
User avatar
forum
Guru
 
Posts: 5598
Likes: 925 posts
Liked in: 1265 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Hassel99 » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:23 pm

Would have been a better burn if he had left out the final inaccurate paragraph.



The only people included are those numbers are actively looking for work. Retired seniors and folks who haven given up are not included.
User avatar
Hassel99
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3406
Likes: 960 posts
Liked in: 2901 posts
Joined: Aug 23rd, 2012, 9:31 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Jonrox » Jan 10th, 2018, 3:06 pm

This can't be real... nobody is this dumb are they? A 2-year old can tell you which of those two numbers is lower than the other.

LANDM likes this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3522
Likes: 353 posts
Liked in: 1956 posts
Joined: Apr 14th, 2010, 2:09 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby forum » Jan 10th, 2018, 5:58 pm

I'll rephrase it in simpleton terms for you:

There is a much larger percentage of unemployed people in Kelowna than there are in the other major cities in Canada.

And to add, the average household income being earned in Kelowna is also lower than the average household incomes being earned in other cities in Canada.

The working-class local households in Kelowna cannot support the current pricing of houses they are simply too poor.

So either a mass Exodus of the working-class happens soon, or prices fall big time. I think we all know what happens next based on the history of every single housing bubble ever.
User avatar
forum
Guru
 
Posts: 5598
Likes: 925 posts
Liked in: 1265 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby LANDM » Jan 11th, 2018, 12:09 am

forum wrote:https://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableaux/sum-som/l01/cst01/lfss04k-eng.htm

Column 2 follow it all the way down where it says Kelowna unemployment and unemployment rate % much higher than other cities in Canada. Much much higher.

The housing market has been falling since last July.

Lots of reduced prices, lots of construction slowing down.

Except you said:
In B.C., the jobless rate fell two points to 4.6 per cent. In Kelowna, it was 6.3 per cent, up two points.
Look it up yourself, we're not your librarian.
Like I said, less jobs in Kelowna


Just as accurate as your housing market comment.
[icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif]
LANDM
Guru
 
Posts: 5960
Likes: 1556 posts
Liked in: 3030 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2009, 11:58 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby jsytnick » Jan 11th, 2018, 6:43 am

That’s so cute that the lil cowboy thinks local wages are the only driving force of local prices in the central Okanagan. Newsflash moron, people are cashing out of cities and moving here en masse. We did it 10 years ago, laughed at prices here, then bought a nice house and took 2 high paying jobs. You must not get out much. That house of ours? Up 30k/year in value, all while the amount owing has gone down 12k/year. How’s your rental math compare? Anyways, have fun with your bitcoins, I’m heading down to the beach in a minute, it’s supposed to be 30 out today where I’m at.

LANDM likes this post.
jsytnick
Board Meister
 
Posts: 498
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 380 posts
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 3:05 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby forum » Jan 11th, 2018, 9:04 am

jsytnick wrote:That’s so cute that the lil cowboy thinks local wages are the only driving force of local prices in the central Okanagan. Newsflash moron, people are cashing out of cities and moving here en masse. We did it 10 years ago, laughed at prices here, then bought a nice house and took 2 high paying jobs. You must not get out much. That house of ours? Up 30k/year in value, all while the amount owing has gone down 12k/year. How’s your rental math compare? Anyways, have fun with your bitcoins, I’m heading down to the beach in a minute, it’s supposed to be 30 out today where I’m at.



Many people I've talked with their house assessment is up 100K. What are you doing wrong Joystick?

Is it not a house, but a something inferior such as a townhouse? Up 30K is pretty wimpy for Okanagan standards last year.
And the two of you working high paying jobs only chewed 12K off the mortgage this year?

At least you've got the lucrative used mechanics chests resale business to keep fund your retirement.
User avatar
forum
Guru
 
Posts: 5598
Likes: 925 posts
Liked in: 1265 posts
Joined: May 10th, 2011, 9:08 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby LTD » Jan 11th, 2018, 10:20 am

just out of curiosity how much did your landlords mortgage go down last year

5 people like this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3449
Likes: 2330 posts
Liked in: 2624 posts
Joined: Mar 31st, 2010, 3:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests