Central Okanagan housing market thread

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Ka-El » Jan 11th, 2018, 1:32 pm

forum wrote:I'll rephrase it in simpleton terms for you:

and you did a good job at it :smt045
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

normaM likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4241 posts

Postby jsytnick » Jan 11th, 2018, 2:14 pm

forum wrote:
jsytnick wrote:That’s so cute that the lil cowboy thinks local wages are the only driving force of local prices in the central Okanagan. Newsflash moron, people are cashing out of cities and moving here en masse. We did it 10 years ago, laughed at prices here, then bought a nice house and took 2 high paying jobs. You must not get out much. That house of ours? Up 30k/year in value, all while the amount owing has gone down 12k/year. How’s your rental math compare? Anyways, have fun with your bitcoins, I’m heading down to the beach in a minute, it’s supposed to be 30 out today where I’m at.

Many people I've talked with their house assessment is up 100K. What are you doing wrong Joystick?

Is it not a house, but a something inferior such as a townhouse? Up 30K is pretty wimpy for Okanagan standards last year.
And the two of you working high paying jobs only chewed 12K off the mortgage this year?

At least you've got the lucrative used mechanics chests resale business to keep fund your retirement.

I averaged out the gains over 8 years Einstein. Figured since you’re terrible at math I’d make it easier for you to comprehend. As for paying down the principal, again, I only used the average over 8 years. I didn’t include lump sum payments as I didn’t want to lose you. So I’ll say it slow for you, for 8 years, we’ve gained $2500/month in equity, paid down $1000/month on the principal, and paid an average of $800/month in interest. We owe $280k on a house valued at over $700k. A SFH, not that there’s anything wrong with any other dwelling. How does that stack up against your rental history? Nevermind, you’ll probably win cuz your mom doesn’t charge you rent. As for my hobby? It’s been paying me 30-40% ROI and it’s something I enjoy doing. I think the contents of my shop are worth multiples of whatever you may or may not have tied up in crypto.

alanjh595 likes this post.
jsytnick
Board Meister

Liked in: 380 posts

Postby generalposter » Jan 11th, 2018, 2:21 pm

jsytnick wrote:That’s so cute that the lil cowboy thinks local wages are the only driving force of local prices in the central Okanagan. Newsflash moron, people are cashing out of cities and moving here en masse. We did it 10 years ago, laughed at prices here, then bought a nice house and took 2 high paying jobs. You must not get out much. That house of ours? Up 30k/year in value, all while the amount owing has gone down 12k/year. How’s your rental math compare? Anyways, have fun with your bitcoins, I’m heading down to the beach in a minute, it’s supposed to be 30 out today where I’m at.

Hmmmm...Average Okanagan increase for 2017 pegged at 15-20%.

Your mind blowing $30,000 is 15% of $200,000.
Your whopping big $30,000 is 20% of $150,000.

Average of above = $175,000

Add the "Freedom 85" increased value of $30,000 = $205,000 smackaroos of living quarters.

WTH? Are you living in an 1 bedroom Atco trailer sans plumbing behind the Waste Disposal Site?

Seriously, correct me if my math is wrong but from my angle you need more sunscreen and a hat.
Someone has to say it.

Catsumi likes this post.
generalposter
Board Meister

Liked in: 498 posts

Postby jsytnick » Jan 11th, 2018, 2:27 pm

generalposter wrote:

Hmmmm...Average Okanagan increase for 2017 pegged at 15-20%.

Your mind blowing $30,000 is 15% of $200,000.
Your whopping big $30,000 is 20% of $150,000.

Average of above = $175,000

Add the "Freedom 85" increased value of $30,000 = $205,000 smackaroos of living quarters.

WTH? Are you living in an 1 bedroom Atco trailer sans plumbing behind the Waste Disposal Site?

Seriously, correct me if my math is wrong but from my angle you need more sunscreen and a hat.

Read the post above yours genius.

2 people like this post.
jsytnick
Board Meister

Liked in: 380 posts

Postby generalposter » Jan 11th, 2018, 3:06 pm

You mad ? You seem mad. Life's too short and that's no way to enjoy the beach.

If you were half as smart as you try to appear a reader wouldn't be expected to surmise that your world revolves around some bizarre 8 year averaging scheme. Next time just say it straight.The fact that you have to use patronizing little names reduces your intelligence to an 8 year low. That's only an average though.
Someone has to say it.

3 people like this post.
generalposter
Board Meister

Postby W105 » Jan 11th, 2018, 3:20 pm

could light a smoke off that burn...hahaha

can't wait to hear jystnick's next pretentious reply...baller's ball and never stop bouncing :)

3 people like this post.
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2824 posts

Postby generalposter » Jan 11th, 2018, 3:23 pm

W105 wrote:could light a smoke off that burn...hahaha

can't wait to hear jystnick's next pretentious reply...baller's ball and never stop bouncing :)

That right there is funny! :130: Thanks, I needed a good chuckle on this dreary day.
Someone has to say it.

2 people like this post.
generalposter
Board Meister

Postby LANDM » Jan 11th, 2018, 4:59 pm

forum wrote:

Many people I've talked with their house assessment is up 100K. What are you doing wrong Joystick?

Is it not a house, but a something inferior such as a townhouse? Up 30K is pretty wimpy for Okanagan standards last year.
And the two of you working high paying jobs only chewed 12K off the mortgage this year?

At least you've got the lucrative used mechanics chests resale business to keep fund your retirement.

You should realize that not everyone has your pathological need to impress others online and they may want to be accurate, which is something clearly foreign to you. [icon_lol2.gif]

2 people like this post.
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3030 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 11th, 2018, 5:40 pm

So forum comes back and this thread explodes with joy.

Me: still can't afford a freaking up grade without a mortgage. Back to renovating. Housing has gone insanely expensive for the average buyer nevermind even for those looking to move up.

I understand that is not stopping people.
I'm over 50, I'm full of rage lately, I have two axes and I have a huge tree stump that needs to come out. Any questions?

Catsumi likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12456 posts

Postby forum » Jan 11th, 2018, 6:06 pm

If Joystick had to rewind and enter the Kelowna market as a worst time home buyer, I don't think $15k/year towards his $700k mortgage would cut it. He'd have to sell Boatloads of used Mechanics chests to make it.

2 people like this post.
forum
Guru

Liked in: 1265 posts

Postby Jonrox » Jan 11th, 2018, 6:07 pm

There’s a certain somebody here who’s still just *bleep* that he can’t afford a home in Kelowna and prices keep rising in spite of his doom and gloom predictions over the past few years. Does the 30 to 50% crash he was predicting even get prices down to the levels they were at when he first made that prediction?

5 people like this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1956 posts

Postby Even Steven » Jan 11th, 2018, 7:35 pm

When will the prices go down?

Wife wants a bigger place.

We don't even have to sell this one, we'll rent it out or something.
Even Steven
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1940 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 11th, 2018, 9:42 pm

[quote="Queen K"]So forum comes back and this thread explodes with joy"

A much needed reflowering renaisance of the golden age of wild, unabandoned, unfettered posting. A true joy to behold.

Dust off the memes.

Sure brightens things up. :biggrin:
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

Queen K likes this post.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1843 posts

Postby forum » Jan 11th, 2018, 9:53 pm

I want to see people renewing their mortgages at 5% next year.

Okanagan lake might have another flooding problem from all adult tears.

I wonder how many old people near retirement are sucking the life out of their HELOC?
forum
Guru

Liked in: 1265 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 11th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Are you also of the impression everyone was in the doldrums until forum rode back into town?

Even Steven wrote:When will the prices go down?

Wife wants a bigger place.

We don't even have to sell this one, we'll rent it out or something.

ES, would you leverage your present house for the new one?
I'm over 50, I'm full of rage lately, I have two axes and I have a huge tree stump that needs to come out. Any questions?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12456 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room