Central Okanagan housing market thread

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Bpeep » Jan 19th, 2019, 10:45 am

Lol!
Gosh it's hilarious the extremes some people's emotions take them to.

Man, ya can't make this stuff up.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.

Ka-El likes this post.
User avatar
Bpeep
Mindquad
 
Posts: 28931
Likes: 13057 posts
Liked in: 10344 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby domain » Jan 19th, 2019, 10:51 am

Again, no extremes, it took me 30 seconds to scribble you a personal postcard. Have fun mouthing off here loser, I'm back to my day.
Boring People Evade Exposure Prudently. Sappy Trees Really Are Critter Havens And Nuisance.
domain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 419
Likes: 101 posts
Liked in: 342 posts
Joined: Sep 4th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby 2manyfords » Jan 19th, 2019, 10:53 am

ckil wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:Sales may be slowing but prices are still going up. Like that is a big surprise.
Capture.JPG


Trying to get people out to your open houses? Can you provide data comparing July to December please. YoY is pointless since prices peaked in July. Sorry bud. Nice try.



Seriously? Are you that daft?

As someone in "KLO" you should already know that sales aways slow down over the winter season....

Me on the other hand...I've experienced buying/selling in the Okanagan market, and have pulled my house off the market in the fall season, only to relist in the spring and get a "nice" sale....

What you got?
2manyfords
Fledgling
 
Posts: 201
Likes: 181 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 7:22 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Bpeep » Jan 19th, 2019, 10:55 am

domain wrote:Again, no extremes, it took me 30 seconds to scribble you a personal postcard. Have fun mouthing off here loser, I'm back to my day.



Need to get a good day's sleep coz u work tonight huh.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
User avatar
Bpeep
Mindquad
 
Posts: 28931
Likes: 13057 posts
Liked in: 10344 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby domain » Jan 19th, 2019, 10:59 am

Brady.
Boring People Evade Exposure Prudently. Sappy Trees Really Are Critter Havens And Nuisance.
domain
Board Meister
 
Posts: 419
Likes: 101 posts
Liked in: 342 posts
Joined: Sep 4th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby 2manyfords » Jan 19th, 2019, 11:01 am

Brandy?
2manyfords
Fledgling
 
Posts: 201
Likes: 181 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 7:22 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby ckil » Jan 19th, 2019, 11:05 am

2manyfords wrote:
Seriously? Are you that daft?

As someone in "KLO" you should already know that sales aways slow down over the winter season....

Me on the other hand...I've experienced buying/selling in the Okanagan market, and have pulled my house off the market in the fall season, only to relist in the spring and get a "nice" sale....

What you got?


I know sales are often seasonal. But how do you explain December 2018 sales down 40% from December 2017 sales? Are you that daft?
ckil
Fledgling
 
Posts: 157
Likes: 42 posts
Liked in: 38 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Bpeep » Jan 19th, 2019, 11:10 am

domain wrote:Brady.



Just because there's corn in your poop doesn't mean its food.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
User avatar
Bpeep
Mindquad
 
Posts: 28931
Likes: 13057 posts
Liked in: 10344 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby 2manyfords » Jan 19th, 2019, 11:14 am

ckil wrote:
2manyfords wrote:
Seriously? Are you that daft?

As someone in "KLO" you should already know that sales aways slow down over the winter season....

Me on the other hand...I've experienced buying/selling in the Okanagan market, and have pulled my house off the market in the fall season, only to relist in the spring and get a "nice" sale....

What you got?


I know sales are often seasonal. But how do you explain December 2018 sales down 40% from December 2017 sales? Are you that daft?



All I see in the graphs you provided ( and in Alanj's) is the typical slowdown. Some people hang on/ relist, or sell for a lower price off season to get out. Certainly not a "crash"...

And what is this 40%? Certainly not prices....

alanjh595 likes this post.
2manyfords
Fledgling
 
Posts: 201
Likes: 181 posts
Liked in: 175 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2009, 7:22 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 19th, 2019, 12:31 pm

W105 wrote:Ckil..Alan is many things here in internet land...but he is not a Realtor..

he is though..married, but single.. likes taking kitchen photo shoots of his saran wrap and tin foil collection.. retired but not retired...has owned aka lived in his mom's home for 25-30-35 yrs...a wanna be moderator..and loves collecting firewood :)

BUT not a Realtor...


And......right on queue, 105 shows up.......

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jan 19th, 2019, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 7200
Likes: 2760 posts
Liked in: 3807 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby Bpeep » Jan 19th, 2019, 5:53 pm

Oh! And I missed it!
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
User avatar
Bpeep
Mindquad
 
Posts: 28931
Likes: 13057 posts
Liked in: 10344 posts
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008, 10:05 am
Location: Surrey-By-The-Lake

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby normaM » Jan 20th, 2019, 6:41 am

Someone posted a love note on here? wow.. need another word that tops Bromance
I like how since the month of July was high we can all just ignore YoY.
An 11 month Calendar.
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
User avatar
normaM
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17498
Likes: 6087 posts
Liked in: 4213 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 6:28 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 20th, 2019, 4:06 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
W105 wrote:Ckil..Alan is many things here in internet land...but he is not a Realtor..

he is though..married, but single.. likes taking kitchen photo shoots of his saran wrap and tin foil collection.. retired but not retired...has owned aka lived in his mom's home for 25-30-35 yrs...a wanna be moderator..and loves collecting firewood :)

BUT not a Realtor...


And......right on queue, 105 shows up.......

*removed*


For all of those that have contacted me via P or email to see what they missed and got a good chuckle from the reply..........you are welcome.There are just too many of you to reply to individually.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 7200
Likes: 2760 posts
Liked in: 3807 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby ckil » Jan 20th, 2019, 5:59 pm

alanjh595 wrote:
For all of those that have contacted me via P or email to see what they missed and got a good chuckle from the reply..........you are welcome.There are just too many of you to reply to individually.




Who's awsome.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

3 people like this post.
ckil
Fledgling
 
Posts: 157
Likes: 42 posts
Liked in: 38 posts
Joined: Nov 25th, 2018, 5:42 am

Re: Central Okanagan housing market thread

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 20th, 2019, 6:06 pm

ckil wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:
For all of those that have contacted me via P or email to see what they missed and got a good chuckle from the reply..........you are welcome.There are just too many of you to reply to individually.




Who's awsome.gif


Obviously.....NOT YOU........ [icon_lol2.gif] [icon_lol2.gif] but, I am just pointing out what so many of us already know.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 7200
Likes: 2760 posts
Liked in: 3807 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 4:18 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], elkrub and 2 guests