Blame Christy Clark!

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Blame Christy Clark!

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 15th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Exclusive: BC Liberal election post mortem heaps blame on Clark
Bob Mackin

theBreaker has learned that BC Liberal Party soul-searching reached a fever pitch this week — the last full week of the free enterprise party’s 16-year dynasty.


Another debrief in Surrey, with a similar mix of individuals, saw defeated cabinet minister Peter Fassbender get up and unload about Clark. The one-term Surrey-Fleetwood MLA “went to town,” according to theBreaker’s source. The former education and taxis/transit minister called Clark, not the party, the problem.

Fassbender admitted mistakes were made on the road to the May 9 vote and said “we could’ve been more giving.” He called Finance Minister Mike de Jong too difficult, but had more criticism up his sleeve for the premier, blaming her for the NDP’s return to the government side of the house. The former Palmer Jarvis adman and Langley city mayor’s criticism was so harsh and intense, that he was asked to slow down!

Fassbender was blunt: “She lost it for us. Period. End of story.”


A key decision was pinpointed during the Surrey session. Instead of supporting well-known Surrey businessman Satnam Johal’s candidacy, Clark sided with her brother Bruce Clark and ex-husband Mark Marissen’s recommendation for a Sukh Dhawilal-connected candidate: Puneet Sandhar. NDP’s Jinny Sims beat lawyer Sandhar by almost 1,800 votes in Surrey-
Panorama.

While the shrinking Clark Clique clings to the dream that the slim Green-supported NDP minority will fall this autumn, expect the many disappointed realists in the party to spend the rest of this summer plotting a leadership change and house cleaning.


http://thebreaker.news/news/blame-christy/

It really shows how despicable the ChristyLiberals really are - they were all clapping seals during Christy's 'leadership' but now the rubber has hit the road they take no personal responsibility - blame it all on Christy!!

Makes one wonder where they were when they could have influenced policy instead of letting Christy lead them into failure.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

5 people like this post.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20463
Likes: 5943 posts
Liked in: 6331 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Hurtlander » Jul 15th, 2017, 6:38 pm

flamingfingers wrote:
Exclusive: BC Liberal election post mortem heaps blame on Clark
Bob Mackin

theBreaker has learned that BC Liberal Party soul-searching reached a fever pitch this week — the last full week of the free enterprise party’s 16-year dynasty.


Another debrief in Surrey, with a similar mix of individuals, saw defeated cabinet minister Peter Fassbender get up and unload about Clark. The one-term Surrey-Fleetwood MLA “went to town,” according to theBreaker’s source. The former education and taxis/transit minister called Clark, not the party, the problem.

Fassbender admitted mistakes were made on the road to the May 9 vote and said “we could’ve been more giving.” He called Finance Minister Mike de Jong too difficult, but had more criticism up his sleeve for the premier, blaming her for the NDP’s return to the government side of the house. The former Palmer Jarvis adman and Langley city mayor’s criticism was so harsh and intense, that he was asked to slow down!

Fassbender was blunt: “She lost it for us. Period. End of story.”


A key decision was pinpointed during the Surrey session. Instead of supporting well-known Surrey businessman Satnam Johal’s candidacy, Clark sided with her brother Bruce Clark and ex-husband Mark Marissen’s recommendation for a Sukh Dhawilal-connected candidate: Puneet Sandhar. NDP’s Jinny Sims beat lawyer Sandhar by almost 1,800 votes in Surrey-
Panorama.

While the shrinking Clark Clique clings to the dream that the slim Green-supported NDP minority will fall this autumn, expect the many disappointed realists in the party to spend the rest of this summer plotting a leadership change and house cleaning.


http://thebreaker.news/news/blame-christy/

It really shows how despicable the ChristyLiberals really are - they were all clapping seals during Christy's 'leadership' but now the rubber has hit the road they take no personal responsibility - blame it all on Christy!!

Makes one wonder where they were when they could have influenced policy instead of letting Christy lead them into failure.


When you consider that only one single solitary member of the entire liberal caucus and liberal executive supported Christys bid to run for leadership of the BC liberals in the first place, the writing was clearly on the wall about what a difficult and self serving person she really is.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 6700
Likes: 1661 posts
Liked in: 4037 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby hobbyguy » Jul 15th, 2017, 6:57 pm

Lol! The envy of some toward a successful person.

Is that all the NDP have?
Dimples - "just not ready"
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 8638
Likes: 2422 posts
Liked in: 9212 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 15th, 2017, 6:59 pm

^^The backroom boys, the ones who dictate 'leadership' for corporate interests determined that Christy was the most malleable, controllable and without any principles, morals, honesty or integrity. The caucus was well aware of this and supported her, which makes her inner circle (the insiders, the caucus and few members) just as responsible as Christy, they all should go with her - in shame.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

3 people like this post.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20463
Likes: 5943 posts
Liked in: 6331 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby maryjane48 » Jul 15th, 2017, 7:09 pm

hobbyguy wrote:Lol! The envy of some toward a successful person.

Is that all the NDP have?

you backed a loser . to bad so sad . move on .

2 people like this post.
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2666 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 7:58 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby mikest2 » Jul 15th, 2017, 7:12 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^The backroom boys, the ones who dictate 'leadership' for corporate interests determined that Christy was the most malleable, controllable and without any principles, morals, honesty or integrity. The caucus was well aware of this and supported her, which makes her inner circle (the insiders, the caucus and few members) just as responsible as Christy, they all should go with her - in shame.



Hahahaha, congratulations, you have finally started a thread that's not even worth commenting on.
Enjoy listening to your echo !!
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

5 people like this post.
mikest2
Übergod
 
Posts: 1066
Likes: 864 posts
Liked in: 1394 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jul 15th, 2017, 8:55 pm

flamingfingers wrote:It really shows how despicable the ChristyLiberals really are - they were all clapping seals during Christy's 'leadership' but now the rubber has hit the road they take no personal responsibility - blame it all on Christy!!


Been your strategy for quite a number of years now. :biggrin:
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3848
Likes: 3703 posts
Liked in: 5605 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby mr.bandaid » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:01 am

I've made no bones about the fact I don't think much of Christy's politics. I have also mentioned that I believe the liberals would have cruised back to power had it not been for her. For whatever reason her best before date has come and gone, she is easy to dislike. I fully expect that the knives will be aimed at her back, happened to Gordo and it will happen to her. Going to get interesting once they start the legislature back up again. She will be on a short leash.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Smurf likes this post.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2725
Likes: 39 posts
Liked in: 1618 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 2:06 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Bsuds » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:39 am

Politics 101...When someone is doing well then hang onto their coattails and ride with them When they are on a downward slide then stab them in the back and try to survive!
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42868
Likes: 8716 posts
Liked in: 11086 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby hobbyguy » Jul 16th, 2017, 9:33 am

The NDP usurpers will continue to "blame Christy" because that's all they got!

No reasonable or cohesive platform or plan. No costing of their platform. No budget plan. No taxation plan. The entire 118 pages of NDP platform is just a "we hate Christy" diatribe.

Guess what? That has zero relevance and provides zero basis for governance.

Just look at the mess the Republicans are in south of the border. 7-8 years of trashing Obamacare (which I happen to agree is a lousy health care system) and when comes time to replace it - deer in the headlights! Nada. Nothing. A crudburger worse than Obamacare is the best they can come with.

Worse yet, the BC NDP are a one trick pony, and running back to the only trick they know, the 1990s Glen Clark debacle. Same people, same narrow ideological and flawed half-baked thinking.

The NDP spent a lot of money and effort to create a "straw man" scarecrow image of premier Clark. It is just that, a collection of straws they grasped at as the Green party was peeling away their weak support.

Premier Clark ain't perfect, but the NDP have nobody with half the leadership ability because the NDP hate leaders. Carole James was the best they had, and is indeed a credible leader - but the NDP couldn't stand that, and they stabbed her in the back.

"Blame Christy" is all the BC NDP have, and it won't fly with anyone but the diehard 20% of voter base. It is time to "put up or shut up" for the BC NDP, and they have no "put up". Never did.
Dimples - "just not ready"

Urbane likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 8638
Likes: 2422 posts
Liked in: 9212 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 16th, 2017, 9:55 am

hobbyguy -

Nowhere in the post is the NDP even mentioned. The post is one solely by the ChristyLiberals laying blame on her for their collective failure.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

Hurtlander likes this post.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20463
Likes: 5943 posts
Liked in: 6331 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 8:56 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Hurtlander » Jul 16th, 2017, 10:13 am

flamingfingers wrote:hobbyguy -

Nowhere in the post is the NDP even mentioned. The post is one solely by the ChristyLiberals laying blame on her for their collective failure.

Off topic personal attack removed.....unless of course Peter Fassbender is actually a member of the NDP, and only hobby was aware of that, in that case I retract my above comment.
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 16th, 2017, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

flamingfingers likes this post.
User avatar
Hurtlander
Guru
 
Posts: 6700
Likes: 1661 posts
Liked in: 4037 posts
Joined: Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:48 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby hobbyguy » Jul 16th, 2017, 11:36 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 16th, 2017, 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: try again without making it personal
Dimples - "just not ready"

Urban Cowboy likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 8638
Likes: 2422 posts
Liked in: 9212 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jul 16th, 2017, 11:48 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Jul 16th, 2017, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3848
Likes: 3703 posts
Liked in: 5605 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby lasnomadas » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Well, guess what, folks? I don't blame Christy Clark. The whole barrel of BC Liberal apples is rotten. And I find Factbender's remarks hilarious. He was one of the most rotten apples, that's why he wasn't re-elected. And the only reason Christy was re-elected as because Kelowna voters are in a permanent rut. They've voted Conservative/Social Credit/BC Liberal for decades. Each generation breeds another generation of Cons, and that is how it will always be. The whole Okanagan Valley could run a gaggle of geese with the SCRAP banner and they'd get elected.

4 people like this post.
lasnomadas
Übergod
 
Posts: 1296
Likes: 2026 posts
Liked in: 437 posts
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 11:41 am

Next

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests