Blame Christy Clark!

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Merry » Jul 16th, 2017, 5:28 pm

It's the BC Liberal lack of empathy for the less fortunate, combined with a huge dose of arrogance and lack of respect for the general electorate that cost them the election. Too much favoritism for their cronies. Losing had very little to do with the voters disliking Christy on a personal level.

For what it's worth, I don't mind Christy all that much. It's de Jong I can't stand. I wish that arrogant "bar steward" would just fade off the political scene altogether; never to return. LOL
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

lasnomadas likes this post.
User avatar
Merry
Guru
 
Posts: 7751
Likes: 5668 posts
Liked in: 5354 posts
Joined: Nov 2nd, 2008, 11:41 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 16th, 2017, 5:40 pm

deJong is repulsive, I agree, but Rich Coleman is even more repulsive - there needs to be housecleaning of the ChristyLiberals - starting at the TOP!!

But you have to concede that Christy Clark was the most arrogant, self-serving puppet for the backroom boys and needs to be swept into the dustbin of history. She COULD have changed the party, made it more progressive and less influenced by donor money but she didn't.
Give a voice to more people - vote Pro rep!!!

3 people like this post.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20647
Likes: 6107 posts
Liked in: 6451 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 7:56 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby mr.bandaid » Jul 16th, 2017, 5:42 pm

hobbyguy wrote:The NDP usurpers will continue to "blame Christy" because that's all they got!

No reasonable or cohesive platform or plan. No costing of their platform. No budget plan. No taxation plan. The entire 118 pages of NDP platform is just a "we hate Christy" diatribe.

Guess what? That has zero relevance and provides zero basis for governance.

Just look at the mess the Republicans are in south of the border. 7-8 years of trashing Obamacare (which I happen to agree is a lousy health care system) and when comes time to replace it - deer in the headlights! Nada. Nothing. A crudburger worse than Obamacare is the best they can come with.

Worse yet, the BC NDP are a one trick pony, and running back to the only trick they know, the 1990s Glen Clark debacle. Same people, same narrow ideological and flawed half-baked thinking.

The NDP spent a lot of money and effort to create a "straw man" scarecrow image of premier Clark. It is just that, a collection of straws they grasped at as the Green party was peeling away their weak support.

Premier Clark ain't perfect, but the NDP have nobody with half the leadership ability because the NDP hate leaders. Carole James was the best they had, and is indeed a credible leader - but the NDP couldn't stand that, and they stabbed her in the back.

"Blame Christy" is all the BC NDP have, and it won't fly with anyone but the diehard 20% of voter base. It is time to "put up or shut up" for the BC NDP, and they have no "put up". Never did.

Yes, how dare those darn NDP'ers for having the same resolve for their party as you do for your beloved Christy and her Liberals? How dare they not listen to a self righteous supporter? How dare you for calling everyone who does not carry your passion for Christy and the Liberals an NDP'er. I am getting very tired of you calling me what I am not just because I do not hold your beliefs. I have stated many times I do not like Christy politics and with her being both the Premier and my MLA I had to chose someone else not because they were better or worse but rather my distrust in my MLA.
Never argue with an idiot, they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lasnomadas likes this post.
mr.bandaid
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2725
Likes: 39 posts
Liked in: 1618 posts
Joined: Aug 29th, 2005, 1:06 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 16th, 2017, 5:50 pm

What strikes me as very odd is that hobbyguy claims the NDP had no platform, no this, no that, but Christy ripped planks out of the NDP and Green platforms and included them in her Clone Speech. Close to 30 of those planks. Very odd....
Give a voice to more people - vote Pro rep!!!

2 people like this post.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20647
Likes: 6107 posts
Liked in: 6451 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 7:56 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Urbane » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:08 pm

    flamingfingers wrote:deJong is repulsive, I agree, but Rich Coleman is even more repulsive - there needs to be housecleaning of the ChristyLiberals - starting at the TOP!!

    But you have to concede that Christy Clark was the most arrogant, self-serving puppet for the backroom boys and needs to be swept into the dustbin of history. She COULD have changed the party, made it more progressive and less influenced by donor money but she didn't.
Those are the NDP talking points alright. Anyone who's not on the left is a terrible person. Clark didn't move the BC Liberal Party to the left and that makes her despicable. Got it. Actually, the word "despicable" accurately describes the personal attacks on here directed against Clark over the years. They've been over the top and then some.
"Spectemur agendo"

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 21464
Likes: 9531 posts
Liked in: 11823 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby flamingfingers » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:25 pm

Urbane wrote:

Those are the NDP talking points alright. Anyone who's not on the left is a terrible person. Clark didn't move the BC Liberal Party to the left and that makes her despicable. Got it. Actually, the word "despicable" accurately describes the personal attacks on here directed against Clark over the years. They've been over the top and then some.


Ah... so now you have changed your mind about Christy stepping down from her leadership role of the ChristyLiberals. Something you have mentioned here from time to time. Now you say that Christy has done nothing wrong, yet her caucus is blaming her for their loss?

Any elected person is putting themselves out there for criticism, rightly or wrongly - how many posts have we seen that accused other leaders of other political parties accused of being 'stupid', 'brain dead', 'communist', 'ruled by unions' , fixing backroom deals' & on and on.
Give a voice to more people - vote Pro rep!!!

lasnomadas likes this post.
User avatar
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20647
Likes: 6107 posts
Liked in: 6451 posts
Joined: Jul 9th, 2005, 7:56 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:33 pm

All I see here is the childish remarks, and the constant bully comments, from the hard core 3 NDPeeeeR's.

That really speaks volumes as to their intellect, or lack thereof.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
Carrs Landing Viking
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 777
Likes: 9502 posts
Liked in: 1048 posts
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010, 7:06 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby lasnomadas » Jul 16th, 2017, 6:54 pm

Off Topic[color=#FF0000][/color]
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 17th, 2017, 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic
lasnomadas
Übergod
 
Posts: 1296
Likes: 2026 posts
Liked in: 437 posts
Joined: Jun 3rd, 2008, 10:41 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby Carrs Landing Viking » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:10 pm

off topic
Last edited by dieseluphammerdown on Jul 17th, 2017, 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

4 people like this post.
User avatar
Carrs Landing Viking
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 777
Likes: 9502 posts
Liked in: 1048 posts
Joined: Mar 2nd, 2010, 7:06 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:14 pm

lasnomadas wrote: And the only reason Christy was re-elected as because Kelowna voters are in a permanent rut. They've voted Conservative/Social Credit/BC Liberal for decades. Each generation breeds another generation of Cons, and that is how it will always be. The whole Okanagan Valley could run a gaggle of geese with the SCRAP banner and they'd get elected.


You make great points about politics in BC. Successful generations beget successful generations, who logically vote for successful governments and not for parties chock full of lazy losers. This same principle applies in ridings where a generation of welfare sucking losers beget welfare sucking losers, like in the ridings of Vancouver East and Vancouver Kingsway, so you end up with massive losers like Jenny Kwan and Adrian Dix winning over and over again. These ridings are a stain on the entire province as they continue to elect corrupt untalented NOD bozos who couldn't manage a lemonade stand.
"Socialists sure are a lot dumber today than they were when I was alive" - John Stuart Mill

JT - he's been ready since 2015, to be the puppet of Gerald Butts and the Laurentide Elite.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet
 
Posts: 29295
Likes: 12821 posts
Liked in: 17325 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby maryjane48 » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Carrs Landing Viking wrote:All I see here is the childish remarks, and the constant bully comments, from the hard core 3 NDPeeeeR's.

That really speaks volumes as to their intellect, or lack thereof.

bully ? you dislexic ? i could easily quote more your team using as you say bullying words . you have that backwards .

did what las said in a insensitive way not have been said ? probably . i wouldnt have said it but i have been accussed of wanting to kill native kids . wheres your outrage at that ? as dizzy said in another thread , everything works both ways .


stay safe :130:
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2666 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby hobbyguy » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:42 pm

I see the NDP supporters don't get it - once again.

My post made specific reference to the Green party, and the fact that I liked parts of their platform. It was costed, budgeted, complete with taxation plan, and progressive. During the election and since I have stated several times that I would have liked half of the Green platform and half of the Liberal platform, none of the NDP so called platform.

The Greens are progressive, but go off track on energy issues. The Greens have several proposals on social issues that are well thought out and worth listening to. Overall the Green platform was cohesive and represented a plan for governance.

The NDP remain, as Horgan clearly stated "the vanguard of protest". Against everything, "policy" planks that are little more than bumper stickers offering simplistic and unworkable platitudes offered up as solutions. (Stupid things like the $400/yr renters grant.) The NDP's "Albanian" platform (borrowed that fron Glen Clark) is incohesive and offers no plan for governance. The NDP are so incompetent they couldn't even cost their own platform, let alone budget it or provide a taxation plan.

Almost every page of the NDP 118 page so called platform contains a personal attack on premier Clark, because that is indeed ALL the NDP have to offer. Attack anyone reasonably competent and with leadership skills to disguise the NDP lack of competence and complete lack of leadership.

So now I will state again: the NDP and their supporters have reached "put up or shut up" time. They are hooped because the NDP has no "put up".

The NDP will be exposed very shortly (some of their shtick has already fallen apart), and the Greens will hammer them (rightly so) in the next election.
Dimples - "just not ready"

Urbane likes this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 8925
Likes: 2563 posts
Liked in: 9682 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby seewood » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:43 pm

[quote="Merry"] Losing had very little to do with the voters disliking Christy on a personal level.

I thought the Libs got 43 seats and NDP 41...
I am not wealthy but I am rich

3 people like this post.
seewood
Übergod
 
Posts: 1201
Likes: 2655 posts
Liked in: 1224 posts
Joined: May 29th, 2013, 1:08 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby hobbyguy » Jul 16th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Oh and by the way, the substantive changes in position in the throne speech were taken from the Green platform, not the NDP - there was no substance in the NDP platform to take from.
Dimples - "just not ready"

2 people like this post.
hobbyguy
Guru
 
Posts: 8925
Likes: 2563 posts
Liked in: 9682 posts
Joined: Jan 20th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Re: Blame Christy Clark!

Postby maryjane48 » Jul 16th, 2017, 8:33 pm

the threads about clark . but of course the fanboys cant stay on topic . the greens will be beating someone next election . a pinata of the bclibs [icon_lol2.gif]
User avatar
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 17124
Likes: 10586 posts
Liked in: 2666 posts
Joined: May 28th, 2010, 6:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest