The New Overdose Solution thread.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

The New Overdose Solution thread.

Postby Queen K » Jul 29th, 2017, 11:11 am

Yesterday a prong of harm reduction had been executed in AB by the RCMP seizing the largest fentanyl supply in history.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/al ... e35830331/

It's a drop in the bucket sure, but it's part of the supply chain. The other part is dealing with the dealers and at every level, most importantly the highest level, which I suspect is supported by a certain elite getting kick backs. I wonder if I'll ever be exhonerated for my gut feelings.

As it is, we have RV injection buses legitimizing herion shoot ups under the guise of saving lives. Only most people shoot up in their freaking houses and not out in a place they can be seen.

So is it money well spent to save lives? Or is it legitimizing the dealers?
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12239 posts

Re: The New Overdose Solution thread.

Postby Queen K » Jul 29th, 2017, 6:15 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... .htm#20303

Four deaths in three days? And it's an emergency in Toronto.

Clearly there is no safe injection site in Toronto.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby seewood » Jul 29th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Ok, have a couple of questions: what would happen if Naloxone were not available to the extent it is today?
Disclaimer here...there is no such thing as a stupid question...yes there is, one to which you already know the answer...

I truly don't know what would happen if naloxone were not available like it is today. More deaths without a doubt. Ok fewer customers for the dealers. ( Not meant to be cynical). Would there be more enforcement resources to find and stop the fentanyl getting to the streets? Would the dealers get the fact they are killing their customers?
Is society enabling more drug use with these "safe injection Sites" I find a bit of a disconnect that they shoot up at these sites, start falling to the fentanyl laced drugs , get narcane'd, several time perhaps, and two days later back at it...
Do they not want help to stop this cycle of death roulette? If they do, is there immediate help, not a 6 week waiting list?
Like most, I read and see the news regarding the stats and issues and people trying to help and the spin that goes along with it, but is there truly a solution to people wanting to play roulette with their lives with fentanyl laced drugs.
Just how much money to put towards this issue is enough and how much is too much?
I am not wealthy but I am rich

3 people like this post.
seewood
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 903 posts

Postby Queen K » Jul 31st, 2017, 10:50 am

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203108

Poor dog oded on drugs. Does it ever stop?

the truth likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby the truth » Jul 31st, 2017, 1:17 pm

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-203108-3-.htm#203108

Poor dog oded on drugs. Does it ever stop?

complement of junkies and drug dealers
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5392 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 31st, 2017, 1:19 pm

seewood wrote:Ok, have a couple of questions: what would happen if Naloxone were not available to the extent it is today?
Disclaimer here...there is no such thing as a stupid question...yes there is, one to which you already know the answer...

I truly don't know what would happen if naloxone were not available like it is today. More deaths without a doubt. Ok fewer customers for the dealers. ( Not meant to be cynical). Would there be more enforcement resources to find and stop the fentanyl getting to the streets? Would the dealers get the fact they are killing their customers?
Is society enabling more drug use with these "safe injection Sites" I find a bit of a disconnect that they shoot up at these sites, start falling to the fentanyl laced drugs , get narcane'd, several time perhaps, and two days later back at it...
Do they not want help to stop this cycle of death roulette? If they do, is there immediate help, not a 6 week waiting list?
Like most, I read and see the news regarding the stats and issues and people trying to help and the spin that goes along with it, but is there truly a solution to people wanting to play roulette with their lives with fentanyl laced drugs.
Just how much money to put towards this issue is enough and how much is too much?

yes we are enabling them as a society
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Queen K » Jul 31st, 2017, 7:07 pm

Over the drug trade? 27 shots in Surrey alone since January 1/2017 and these guys won't pony up information. They'd rather let the public be at risk for dying than give out information.

Why are these guys even allowed to run around?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#203132

lightspeed likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby the truth » Jul 31st, 2017, 7:49 pm

pure scum, when shot, they should never been given medical treatment if they do cooperate with the rcmp first
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby What_the » Jul 31st, 2017, 7:56 pm

Qk. You know where this is heading, more of the same from the same. However this time. Im staying out. Through with bashing my head against solid bone of the.... Never mind, I know better than simply complain for the sake of complaining with nothing to offer other than, we ll, just being a dog in the female vernacular.

Have at it.
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

2 people like this post.
What_the
Übergod

Liked in: 629 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 31st, 2017, 7:58 pm

the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby W105 » Jul 31st, 2017, 8:07 pm

right on !! (yawn)

"the Truth" has a new perch...
W105
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2756 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jul 31st, 2017, 8:11 pm

W105 wrote: "the Truth" has a new perch...

Castanet's most ironic username - and that's the truth. 10/10 :up:
While the research shows that people with right-wing views tend to be less intelligent than those with left-wing views,
the continued excuse-making and support for Donald Trump indicates researchers have underestimated by how much.

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4174 posts

Postby What_the » Jul 31st, 2017, 8:55 pm

Im just going to say one last thing regarding this-
Im sorry for the families that have to deal with this scourge, like mine had, without the valuable resources of someone who's been there, done that, navigated the "streets" and system, knows a thing or two about the subject, has actually read, consulted, sought expertise, lived it- beyond just stop doing or buying drugs-Nancy lol, Nancy Reagan style.

I have sympathy and empathy since I've lived it.

Jail, prison and being a hard nose hasn't solved anything. Science and medicine hasnt solved it yet either, however in the last twenty years Neuro science has illuminated much, prison hasn't changed much mentality wise in over a hundred years.

If anyone has legitimate questions. Feel free to pm me.

Take care of your kids, don't be blind, see the warning signs even if they're your own red flags. They're the next generation of addict that others will let die in the streets.

Peace, done here :)
Would so rather be over educated that a knuckle dragging Neanderthal bereft of critical thought and imagination. Although in the case of Neanderthals, that's quite the insult.

3 people like this post.
What_the
Übergod

Liked in: 629 posts

Postby the truth » Jul 31st, 2017, 9:31 pm

back so fast,you are soooooooooooooooooo predictable :laugh: :laugh:
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby the truth » Jul 31st, 2017, 9:33 pm

W105 wrote:right on !! (yawn)

"the Truth" has a new perch...

:up:
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Next

Return to Bickering Room