The New Overdose Solution thread.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: The New Overdose Solution thread.

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 26th, 2017, 5:07 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:I would gladly support cheap plentiful access to testing agents . If people know what they have. They might be more careful using it . I feel this could save more than a few lives . I feel this would be less insidious than injection sites . I think these drugs need to stay illegal . There is toovmuch harm done by some substances . The medical companies should distance themselves from the heroin . Reducing prescriptions for opiates would also help

Keeping them against the law makes sure folks like chapman remain worth more than your idol trump .alot more billions more .good thing we have govt thst knows the best way forward :130:
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2665 posts

Postby sixxonesixx » Nov 26th, 2017, 9:08 pm

I've always said the biggest enabler to drug addiction is the federal government(cough, cough, Trudeau). We all know that every last Wednesday of the month is payday for the drug dealers as the number/date of overdoses is overwhelming. Ambulances and paramedics number up on that day. Why not have a work for welfare for those that are able to work. Also why don't the feds give out food allowances at grocery stores in lieu of cash. Not all welfare recipients are drug addicts but steps have to be taken from our lazy government who are more comfortable giving out more money so the druggies can experiment with naloxone only to repeat procedure. This feels like a double edged sword as on one hand, Trudeau gives out money that ends up in drug dealers hands and the other he legalizes marijuana. What is his real agenda? Turn Canada into drug addicts? Not sure. I don't do marijuana but know many who have benefited from it and have no issues with that. So much bs about people and overdoses becoming an epidemic from the feds. Well do your part already. Or, double the cash they get and see what happens. This isn't the total answer to this issue but it's a start. Trudeau = bad news. Not voting for him again. All talk and too much spending.

2 people like this post.
sixxonesixx
Fledgling

Liked in: 34 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 27th, 2017, 10:37 am

sixxonesixx wrote:I've always said the biggest enabler to drug addiction is the federal government(cough, cough, Trudeau). We all know that every last Wednesday of the month is payday for the drug dealers as the number/date of overdoses is overwhelming. Ambulances and paramedics number up on that day. Why not have a work for welfare for those that are able to work. Also why don't the feds give out food allowances at grocery stores in lieu of cash. Not all welfare recipients are drug addicts but steps have to be taken from our lazy government who are more comfortable giving out more money so the druggies can experiment with naloxone only to repeat procedure. This feels like a double edged sword as on one hand, Trudeau gives out money that ends up in drug dealers hands and the other he legalizes marijuana. What is his real agenda? Turn Canada into drug addicts? Not sure. I don't do marijuana but know many who have benefited from it and have no issues with that. So much bs about people and overdoses becoming an epidemic from the feds. Well do your part already. Or, double the cash they get and see what happens. This isn't the total answer to this issue but it's a start. Trudeau = bad news. Not voting for him again. All talk and too much spending.

Sad that any western Canadian would ever vote for a trudeau.
I did notice a spike in ods. After the federal liberals won.
I wonder if some of the deaths are not dissapointed liberal voters.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2010 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 27th, 2017, 11:06 am

Disappointed Harper supporters?
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

maryjane48 likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 11911 posts

Postby maryjane48 » Nov 27th, 2017, 9:02 pm

sixxonesixx wrote:I've always said the biggest enabler to drug addiction is the federal government(cough, cough, Trudeau). We all know that every last Wednesday of the month is payday for the drug dealers as the number/date of overdoses is overwhelming. Ambulances and paramedics number up on that day. Why not have a work for welfare for those that are able to work. Also why don't the feds give out food allowances at grocery stores in lieu of cash. Not all welfare recipients are drug addicts but steps have to be taken from our lazy government who are more comfortable giving out more money so the druggies can experiment with naloxone only to repeat procedure. This feels like a double edged sword as on one hand, Trudeau gives out money that ends up in drug dealers hands and the other he legalizes marijuana. What is his real agenda? Turn Canada into drug addicts? Not sure. I don't do marijuana but know many who have benefited from it and have no issues with that. So much bs about people and overdoses becoming an epidemic from the feds. Well do your part already. Or, double the cash they get and see what happens. This isn't the total answer to this issue but it's a start. Trudeau = bad news. Not voting for him again. All talk and too much spending.

if you dont like jt thats fine but the drug problem rests with the doctors and dealers .

dirtybiker likes this post.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 2665 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 27th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Ahem, users.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

dirtybiker likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 28th, 2017, 8:15 am

Its been interesting watching the government at every level bend to the will of criminals and drug adicts.

Says a lot about elected officials
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby Queen K » Dec 1st, 2017, 6:30 pm

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/21 ... s-fentanyl

What? 10 years old ? When did a ten year old die of an overdose?

And will this funeral home's campaign work? Do users get scared this way? Enough to quit using? :135:
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby the truth » Dec 1st, 2017, 6:41 pm

nope............
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5092 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 18th, 2017, 5:04 pm

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#214319

The Public Health Agency of Canada says at least 1,460 people died from opioid-related overdoses in the first half of this year.

And that number is expected to rise as additional data becomes available from the provinces and territories.

The federal agency expects the number of lives lost due to opioid-related overdoses in 2017 will surpass last year's figure of 2,861.

PHAC says that if current trends continue, opioid-related deaths could surpass 4,000 by the end of the year.

All regions of Canada have been affected, but some have been harder hit than others. The western provinces and territories continue to report higher rates of opioid-related deaths.

The data also indicate that illicit fentanyl has played a major role in the crisis, with 74 per cent of deaths involving the opioid, compared to 53 per cent last year.

So 4,000 Canadians are to have died from ods, across the country, this stat isn't for BC alone. But western Canada leads in teh stats. This is so beyond sad.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 18th, 2017, 7:10 pm

Queen K wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-214319-4-.htm#214319

The Public Health Agency of Canada says at least 1,460 people died from opioid-related overdoses in the first half of this year.

And that number is expected to rise as additional data becomes available from the provinces and territories.

The federal agency expects the number of lives lost due to opioid-related overdoses in 2017 will surpass last year's figure of 2,861.

PHAC says that if current trends continue, opioid-related deaths could surpass 4,000 by the end of the year.

All regions of Canada have been affected, but some have been harder hit than others. The western provinces and territories continue to report higher rates of opioid-related deaths.

The data also indicate that illicit fentanyl has played a major role in the crisis, with 74 per cent of deaths involving the opioid, compared to 53 per cent last year.

So 4,000 Canadians are to have died from ods, across the country, this stat isn't for BC alone. But western Canada leads in teh stats. This is so beyond sad.

Its the governments wish. Population control. Faster than cancer

2 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby Catsumi » Dec 18th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Thin the ranks, clean the gene pool, bon voyage!
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.

3 people like this post.
Catsumi
Übergod

Liked in: 1427 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:15 am

Ok just to sum it up. Easiest way to never OD. Is to abstain from opiate abuse. . Smoking heroin can kill u just as fast as the needle .

Lost way too many people to this nonsense already. Yesterday was really really hard on me.

Look after yourselves out there.

Speaking of all this. Whatever happened to What the. He used to chime in on these subjects. Hopefully he is live and well

Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:26 am

Jflem1983 wrote:Whatever happened to What the. He used to chime in on these subjects. Hopefully he is live and well

Lots of people stopped chiming in after they were repeatedly told they were terrible parents, terrible human beings, terrible at their jobs, idiots ruining the country, and so forth.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby normaM » Dec 19th, 2017, 11:40 am

So what were the deaths from drugs other years? I mean including heroin, etc.
This sounds like the Govt getting ready to open more safe injection sites.
There is no solution, ppl having been dying from ODs forever.
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey

the truth likes this post.
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1756 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room