The New Overdose Solution thread.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: The New Overdose Solution thread.

Postby Ka-El » Dec 19th, 2017, 5:03 pm

I've always said the biggest enabler to drug addiction is the federal government(cough, cough, Trudeau). We all know that every last Wednesday of the month is payday for the drug dealers as the number/date of overdoses is overwhelming. Ambulances and paramedics number up on that day. Why not have a work for welfare for those that are able to work. Also why don't the feds give out food allowances at grocery stores in lieu of cash. Not all welfare recipients are drug addicts but steps have to be taken from our lazy government who are more comfortable giving out more money so the druggies can experiment with naloxone only to repeat procedure. This feels like a double edged sword as on one hand, Trudeau gives out money that ends up in drug dealers hands and the other he legalizes marijuana.

:135: Double edged sword? You mean like criticizing Trudeau for provincial government policy?
What did Forrest Gump say, "Stupid is as stupid does."? I think dimples has a new campaign slogan.
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 5467 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 6:10 pm

sixxonesixx wrote:We all know that every last Wednesday of the month is payday for the drug dealers as the number/date of overdoses is overwhelming. Ambulances and paramedics number up on that day.

I keep seeing this assertion over and over, yet social assistance payments are made on Tuesdays as early as 3pm.

If it's true that social assistance payments are being used for drugs then why are people waiting until Wednesday? Why not take that Tuesday 3pm money and go OD?
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 19th, 2017, 6:43 pm

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6333 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 6:52 pm

The article says April 26th was "Welfare Wednesday," yet the cheques were officially issued on April 25th. An extreme minority of people would have waited an extra day.

So same question: why are social assistance recipients waiting 24 hours to go OD? It doesn't make any sense.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Sparki55 » Dec 19th, 2017, 7:21 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:

The article says April 26th was "Welfare Wednesday," yet the cheques were officially issued on April 25th. An extreme minority of people would have waited an extra day.

So same question: why are social assistance recipients waiting 24 hours to go OD? It doesn't make any sense.

The missing time comes from when money is in an account until the customer can get to the bank, withdraw money and find a drug dealer. Provably takes 4 to 12 hours lol

Jflem1983 likes this post.
Sparki55
Board Meister

Liked in: 563 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 19th, 2017, 7:24 pm

Don't they have their dealers on speed dial?
Could it be that a whole life can shift the day one starts telling the truth about what makes one happy?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13509 posts

Postby Veovis » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:08 pm

Queen K wrote:Don't they have their dealers on speed dial?

Doesn't mean they are on speed respond....

That actually might lead to the OD's....they get the cash and can't wait and get street level stomped on as opposed to a "trusted" source?

Complete speculation on my part there.

There is also the issue that many due to pay day loans and other financial issues drug problems can create will not use direct deposit but have a cheque mailed, then it takes time to be delivered and cashed and then someone located.

I think 24 hours isn't a big window when factors are pondered
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 4277 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Sparki55 wrote:The missing time comes from when money is in an account until the customer can get to the bank, withdraw money and find a drug dealer. Provably takes 4 to 12 hours lol

Up to 12 hours to go to a bank and then find some guy in an alley? I don't think so unless these people are slow as molasses.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:12 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Sparki55 wrote:The missing time comes from when money is in an account until the customer can get to the bank, withdraw money and find a drug dealer. Provably takes 4 to 12 hours lol

Up to 12 hours to go to a bank and then find some guy in an alley? I don't think so unless these people are slow as molasses.

Umm that is why they are on welfare. Also. As if they have bank accts
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3242 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:20 pm

^Parents set up bank accounts for their kids or help their kids open up accounts at young ages. These accounts are quite often open for decades.

Signing up for a direct deposit of social assistance money is as simple as filling out a short form.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:23 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:^Parents set up bank accounts for their kids or help their kids open up accounts at young ages. These accounts are quite often open for decades.

Signing up for a direct deposit of social assistance money is as simple as filling out a short form.

Having been a drug addict. I know how easy it is to f over a bank for drugs. End up with no acct. Was really hard to get a new acct after i pulled that stunt. This is real. Not theory.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Who said anything about screwing over banks? I said accounts are set up for people at young ages therefore a lot of homeless people and or addicts would have bank accounts. Not sure what you did to screw over your bank and not sure I want to know.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:35 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:Who said anything about screwing over banks? I said accounts are set up for people at young ages therefore a lot of homeless people and or addicts would have bank accounts. Not sure what you did to screw over your bank and not sure I want to know.

Obviously u have never been a drug addict. Anyone will rip off a bank for drugs

Jflem1983
Guru

Postby GordonH » Dec 19th, 2017, 8:39 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:Parents set up bank accounts for their kids or help their kids open up accounts at young ages. These accounts are quite often open for decades.

When I moved away from my parents house, I closed that bank account opened new account were I moved to. This will not work if that account no longer exists.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7780 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Bpeep » Dec 19th, 2017, 9:00 pm

I can't believe there's an argument here about if welfare goes out to loser junkies on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

Too bad they don't have to pass a urine test to prove they're clean before they get any of my money.

The quicker they all od, the better.

They are just another issue dragging society down the drain.
I have a baseball for you. You're more than welcome to rent it.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10021 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room