The New Overdose Solution thread.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: The New Overdose Solution thread.

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 13th, 2018, 4:41 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Like old george says. Ive had choices.

And you apparently chose to become a vigilante and destroy numerous crack houses without getting arrested. Whatever. Anyways, sorry about your friends. If you still know some people who are addicts hopefully they're getting help.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 13th, 2018, 4:53 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:Like old george says. Ive had choices.

And you apparently chose to become a vigilante and destroy numerous crack houses without getting arrested. Whatever. Anyways, sorry about your friends. If you still know some people who are addicts hopefully they're getting help.

Got arrested for that. Cops were all smiles tho. No charges.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"

the truth likes this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2677 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 13th, 2018, 11:46 pm

keep up the good work
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Bpeep likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 5820 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 13th, 2018, 11:50 pm

the truth wrote:keep up the good work

Was. Close to 12 years ago now. I was in a unique position. I knew the guys calling the shots. I had a personal beef. Had put in lots of time. They could easily have had me killed for what i did. No idea why the boys never came after me.

I suspect it was just cuz they knew i was in the right. Even criminals have a sense of right and wrong .

Those were really rough times for me i do not like thinking back to those times
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 14th, 2018, 12:28 am

I don't think anyone with a brain believes this vigilante nonsense but hokay.

One time I dressed up as Batman and laid waste to about 6 crack houses. It was an epic night and some sexy stripper was totally into me and I railed her.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 14th, 2018, 7:07 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I don't think anyone with a brain believes this vigilante nonsense but hokay.

One time I dressed up as Batman and laid waste to about 6 crack houses. It was an epic night and some sexy stripper was totally into me and I railed her.

No one cares what u believe or dont believe.

3 people like this post.
Jflem1983
Lord of the Board

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2018, 10:18 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I don't think anyone with a brain believes this vigilante nonsense but hokay.

really why not, i am shocked it does not happen more often, for a million reasons,if i found out a drug dealer sold or tried to sell drugs to my kids i can promise you i would not leave it to are useless justice system to do anything about it ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

2 people like this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Bpeep » Jan 14th, 2018, 11:34 am

^^^Nor would I ^^^
If you are reading this, you are not Amish.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 9586 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 14th, 2018, 12:05 pm

drug dealers are cold blooded murders, kind a sick the support they get on these threads

Bpeep likes this post.
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Postby Ka-El » Jan 14th, 2018, 12:32 pm

the truth wrote:drug dealers are cold blooded murders, kind a sick the support they get on these threads

I must have been reading a different thread. Can you show me a post where someone/anyone said somethin that indicated they supported drug dealers? It's okay. I know that might take some time. I can come back and check later :smt045
Not a Russian Bot !

Queen K likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4408 posts

Postby Queen K » Jan 15th, 2018, 11:03 am

There's been zero support for drug dealers on this thread, in fact I've read many posts where the populace of castanetters consider the dealer to be murderers and should be judged and sentenced as such. I call for capital punishment myself, but no one listens to me.

As for an opioid SOLUTION, here we go:

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/216282 ... st-opioids

People who live with chronic pain need options beyond prescription opioids, and it's up to the B.C. government to provide more services such as physiotherapy, says the head of a group that supports patients and their families.

"There has really been a lack of any appropriate response to chronic pain in our province and in our country," said Maria Hudspith, executive director of Pain BC, the only non-profit society in Canada to bring together clinical experts and policy-makers to work on chronic pain management initiatives.

Beside painkillers, patients must have access to physical therapy and psychological support but wait lists stretch from one to three years at the few specialized pain clinics in the province, she said.

"We've seen this overreliance on the prescription pad as the only tool in the toolbox," Hudspith said. "Some people may become dependent on the medication in order to function and some of those people may become addicted."

One in five people in B.C. lives with pain that can be relentless and crippling but she said some communities have no specialized health-care providers for patients who need intervention after an injury or surgery, for example.

A lack of dedicated pain services means patients make more doctors' visits and may require more surgeries, resulting in high health-care costs and poor quality of life, Hudspith said.

"There's a growing recognition that this is a huge problem that is really, in many way, at the root of a lot of issues that we're seeing."

Hudspith said Pain BC has been in discussions with the provincial government to expand services.

In June 2016, B.C. doctors became the first in Canada to face mandatory standards for prescribing opioids and other addictive medications. At the time, the College of Physicians and Surgeons replaced guidelines offering only recommendations with legal standards that allowed for consequences, such as complaint hearings and disciplinary action.

Following the introduction of the standards, some doctors began weaning or cutting patients off pain medication. Hudspith said that has left people suffering, especially if they don't have access to other options for pain relief.

"We have documented cases of people who are no longer able to work, they've maxed out their sick time, they're contemplating going on disability," she said.

While the college's policy came into effect with the intention of minimizing the effects of opioids in the midst of an overdose crisis, overdoses have "continued like a runaway train," Hudspith said.

"There are people who have said to us or have said to their physicians or MLAs (members of the legislature) that they are going to the street and buying opioids through the illicit market despite the risk," she said.

"Chronic pain is a very misunderstood condition. The approach needs to be very different from other chronic conditions that are very well understood."
It must be nice to live in an Ivory Tower, where everyone else makes mistakes. I have no idea what an ivory tower looks like.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12662 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 15th, 2018, 12:39 pm

I remember when a certain political candidate promised the electorate “health care when and where they need it” (I required medical attention for the stich in my side after hearing that one). Then he removed chiropractic and physio care from our MSP coverage – so that people dealing with chronic pain could instead either take copious amounts of over the counter codeine, take prescribed opioids or, in more serious cases, undertake risky surgical procedures (that might have been avoided with chiropractic care). Ya, we’ve been saving money all over the place since that guy.

Why pay for someone’s chiropractic care when we can wait and absorb the costs with worker absenteeism, or put even more demands on our limited surgical options that are sometimes unnecessary? I wonder how many chiropractic appointments we’d have to pay for before it equaled the expense of one surgical back or neck operation. What could go wrong with essentially taking the options of chiropractic care or physio off the table and forcing people to self-medicate with pain killers? Of course, the “just say no” crowd will insist addiction could never take hold of them no matter the circumstance.
Not a Russian Bot !

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby Queen K » Jan 15th, 2018, 12:45 pm

Who was that, come on tell us.
It must be nice to live in an Ivory Tower, where everyone else makes mistakes. I have no idea what an ivory tower looks like.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12662 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 15th, 2018, 12:52 pm

I forget his name. However, he did implement a number of other “money-saving” cuts that we’re still paying for today. Reminded me of a kid with a brand new car who figured he would save money by not getting oil changes. Yup, you can pay me now, or you can pay me (much more) later. We’re just saving money all over the place. Oh well, we can always blame the unions (in spite of the fact BC had the leanest public service sector in Canada at the time, and is even leaner now).
Not a Russian Bot !
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 15th, 2018, 6:01 pm

the truth wrote:if i found out a drug dealer sold or tried to sell drugs to my kids i can promise you i would not leave it to are useless justice system to do anything about it ,

What would you do?
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room