The New Overdose Solution thread.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: The New Overdose Solution thread.

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2018, 9:57 am

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/-dozen ... /871628387

Underground safe herion injection sites, out side of government control in King County, Washington.

And who won the war in Afghanistan?

And how many more acres of poppies were added and grown in Latin America, mainly Mexico last year?

I recall a time when I googled "opium production" and got news articles written about how poppy production in Latin America grew in correspondance to the American Afghani invasion.

Why have armies go in again? To combat the Taliban? The wrong people were making all the money?

What were we told?

Anyways, seems Drugs have Won the War on Drugs. Here, there, everywhere.
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 14324 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2018, 10:54 am

No one's life is untouched by the drug od epidemic, or very very few.

Yet another tragic loss of a young life, 23 years old, his whole life ahead of him. What were you all doing at age 23?

I was bussing tables and working in restaurants as the worst waitress ever.

I find that the young people are the losses that touch me the most.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#242249
Here I thought there was nothing lower than a snakes belly in a rut in a ditch. I was wrong.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby the truth » Nov 18th, 2018, 1:18 pm

i was working full time and playing full time sports with friends for fun, now fun for sooooo many is doing drugs and getting high

no pitty here for those who think getting high is fun, then turn into full blown addicts
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6778 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2018, 8:07 pm

This on going drug war between the gangs is just for the privilege of taking in the money from the addicted.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#242283

^^ THESE people are dangerous and why can't the RCMP put an end to this freakin' gang war?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby the truth » Nov 18th, 2018, 8:22 pm

because there parents are couvering for there kids, cause there kids are bringing home the money, that simple
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6778 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 18th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Who was in danger. Some guy got shot under a bridge. Seems like a safe spot to me ? Who would randomly be under a bridge
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Could be yet another gang killing is what the article is saying.

Many people are dying, seems like there is a shooting every day or second day, and the bullets are killing.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Jflem1983 » Nov 18th, 2018, 8:30 pm

Queen K wrote:Could be yet another gang killing is what the article is saying.

Many people are dying, seems like there is a shooting every day or second day, and the bullets are killing.

Yes. I agree. Its great. Peopĺe taking matters into their own hands.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Liked in: 3272 posts

Postby Queen K » Nov 18th, 2018, 8:36 pm

I've also always said, "as long as innocents don't get killed." Only the drain on the government funds is concerning me.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Queen K » Nov 24th, 2018, 5:53 pm

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby normaM » Nov 24th, 2018, 6:30 pm

sorry, this is something I can't get worked up over... people have been dying from drug overdoses for years
Just a Govt smoke and mirror game
People used to suck on patches of F gauze.
HOw many people die daily from other things?
But we can blame the Drs etc of the Opium crisis
Not sure I buy into it
If onion rings are wrong I don't wanna be right
normaM
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 4733 posts

Postby Catsumi » Nov 24th, 2018, 6:49 pm

Jflem1983 wrote:Who was in danger. Some guy got shot under a bridge. Seems like a safe spot to me ?

Who would randomly be under a bridge

Castanet Trolls ? [icon_lol2.gif]
J. Trudeau, the PM who brought corruption, scandal and spending to a laughing world stage

Make the Cdn wet dream come true. Vote MAD MAX

2 people like this post.
Catsumi
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 4183 posts

Postby Ka-El » Nov 26th, 2018, 11:08 am

Time to lift the stigma

It has been said time and time again, addiction does not discriminate.

However, according to a recent Maru survey, 94 per cent of British Columbians believe that the issue of opioid poisoning and overdose is related to those addicted to illicit opioid street drugs, rather than those taking legitimate prescriptions.
Year over year, the perceived face of the opioid crisis remains largely unchanged.

And while the steadfast belief is that illegal opioid use and the rise of deadly fentanyl on the illegal market has fuel the opioid crisis, according to the Maru survey data, prescription opioid use was an early driver and continues to play a role in perpetuating the crisis.

"In 2016, 21.5 million prescriptions for opioids were dispensed from community pharmacies, which means almost every adult over the age of 18 years filled a prescription, making Canada the second-largest consumer of prescription opioids in the world."

This week (Nov. 26) is National Addictions Awareness Week.

For many, the focus will be and remain on breaking down substance-use disorder stereotypes and stigma.
In early 2018, the Ministry of Mental Health and Addiction launched a campaign aimed at lifting the stigma around substance use called 'Stop Overdose.'

"Knocking down the walls of silence that keep people from talking about substance use is an important step towards addressing the overdose crisis in British Columbia. Recognizing that people who use drugs are real people helps to put a human face behind the numbers of so many preventable tragedies," the ministry stated on its website.

"It's impossible to move forward in the overdose crisis without addressing some major myths about addiction and substance use. The way forward needs new approaches and new ways of thinking."

From the Ministry of Mental Health and Addiction Website:

MYTH 1: "Do a drug once and you're addicted."

Most people who try drugs (or are prescribed drugs) do not become addicted. It's true that the more often a substance is used, the higher the risk of addiction. But even then, it may not result in actual addiction.

FACT: People who struggle with addiction use substances to deal with pain.

People who struggle with problematic drug use are trying to ease physical, emotional, spiritual and/or mental pain. They are trying to numb difficult feelings. To create a meaningful change we need to address the underlying and on-going trauma, grief and loss that contribute to this pain.

MYTH 2: "You have to hit rock bottom before I can help you."

Hitting rock bottom does not help most people change their ways. Harshness does not jolt people into changing.

FACT: Hitting rock bottom can be more harmful than helpful.

Supporting someone who uses drugs? It's important to focus on building your relationship with safety and trust. If you leave people on their own - to ‘hit rock bottom’ or ‘learn it the hard way’ - you risk losing the chance to connect and provide support.

MYTH 3: "If you really loved me, you would stop using."

People living with addiction do care for their loved ones. They understand the impact their substance use has on their friends and family.

FACT: Addiction is not a choice.

Ending addiction is much more complicated than “just saying no”.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Vernon/24 ... the-stigma

Some inconvenient truths for the blamers :smt045
“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” — Charles Darwin
Ka-El
Guru

Liked in: 6051 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 1st, 2018, 6:16 pm

China is making too much money, the chinese cartel is laundering the Canadian money into Canadian Real Estate and making a killing on the backs of Canadian deaths and addictions.

We support the addicts so they don't die, so they can keep giving their money to the Chinese drug cartels. And whomever is making the big money making sure there are low level dealers available to collect the money from addicts.

The big guys at the top are rarely to never arrested and jailed, or executed.

The Canadian public pays for every service known to mankind, from social services, hospitals, EMR, ambulances and all related costs to keeping them on the road, RCMP, jails, addiction counselling, RV safe injection sites, and now even safe injection sites for children are being proposed!

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... li=AAggFp5
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Bpeep » Dec 4th, 2018, 8:16 am

Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive *bleep* excessively.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Liked in: 10420 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room