Wilson threatens to sue Horgan & Blaney

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Wilson threatens to sue Horgan & Blaney

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:02 pm

^^So Urbane, let us know EXACTLY what Wilson is suing for, ok?
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?

lasnomadas likes this post.
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5947 posts

Postby Veovis » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:05 pm

give up urbane. Fairness does t equate to ndp religios zealots. They'd cheer for cancer if a red shirt had it, but blame the liberals if an orange shirt had it. They are a mean mean bunch

3 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3805 posts

Postby Urbane » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:38 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^So Urbane, let us know EXACTLY what Wilson is suing for, ok?
Where did you see that he's definitely suing? He has laid out his reasons for a POTENTIAL suit so I'm not sure why you need me to provide them to you. I know it's embarrassing that Horgan and Ralston have defamed Gordon Wilson and it's indicative of a terrible start for Horgan as premier. The NDP promised to do things differently and to some extent they have. They've been doing things far worse than their predecessors!

4 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9566 posts

Postby flamingfingers » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:43 pm

^^By firing Wilson I don't see that it has caused Wilson to commit suicide like Rod MacIsaac did.
Why do people who fancy themselves "fiscal conservatives" not scream at hidden debt accumulated in the past dozen years? Or, do they only object to spending on social programs?
flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5947 posts

Postby LordEd » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:48 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^By firing Wilson I don't see that it has caused Wilson to commit suicide like Rod MacIsaac did.

Well maybe with all this extra harassment generated here and twitter you'll get your wish.

Terrible people.

Edit: Added quote to avoid triple-delete of terrible statement.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1989 posts

Postby mikest2 » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:52 pm

flamingfingers wrote:^^By firing Wilson I don't see that it has caused Wilson to commit suicide like Rod MacIsaac did.

I think it's safe to say that has absolutely no relevance, in fact I find it the low point of this thread, where you going to stop ? Silly question. Wrong is wrong, your party, now, right now, still trying to deflect ? desperation to say the least. It's time to give up. Horgan wrong, Ralston wrong, FF wrong, what's the argument ? if you are actually trying to bolster your party, you are out exactly 180 degrees
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

4 people like this post.
mikest2
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 934 posts

Postby Veovis » Aug 9th, 2017, 7:54 pm

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Aug 10th, 2017, 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal attack
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3805 posts

Postby Urbane » Aug 9th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Defend the indefensible if it's your NDP. Wrong is wrong in my book but obviously not in yours.

2 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 9566 posts

Postby Hassel99 » Aug 9th, 2017, 8:10 pm

The blind, rabid, savage partisanship in this thread is so saddening.

4 people like this post.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2832 posts

Postby mikest2 » Aug 9th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Thinking about this for a while now. Had I done this to one of my employees, my company would be on the hook big time. Wrongful dismissal, the company likely to get crucified by the LRB. I would stand a very good chance of losing my job. The loss of my job would be justified. Shame I'm not subject to the same rules as some others.
Once I thought I was wrong.....but I was mistaken...

3 people like this post.
mikest2
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 934 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Aug 9th, 2017, 8:29 pm

I don't think I can form a reply to this without getting banned. Wow.
Hey Horgan, orange and green mixed together make brown, and that's the colour of crap!

2 people like this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2902 posts

Postby JagXKR » Aug 9th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:

I don't think I can form a reply to this without getting banned. Wow.

I know, I can't either. Shameful, utterly shameful.
Why use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.

2 people like this post.
JagXKR
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 792 posts

Postby Queen K » Aug 9th, 2017, 8:42 pm

Of course you can, just be civilized about it.

I know this to be one of the most awful incidents where Premier Horgan absolutely must learn that he is now leading a Province and must bring himself up to standards befitting his position. This was extremely unprofessional and quite honestly a real blow to those rooting for him to succeed. I believe emailing about this incident might bring their attention to further their agenda to do better.

But that's just me.

As for the why people commit suicide, there could have been a few factors at play, and political bullying was the last straw.

But further comparisons don't serve a purpose right now.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

Smurf likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 11940 posts

Postby LordEd » Aug 9th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Queen K wrote:Of course you can, just be civilized about it.
Does gloating over a job loss suicide really deserve civility?

3 people like this post.
LordEd
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1989 posts

Postby lasnomadas » Aug 9th, 2017, 9:13 pm

I think we need a different perspective on this. First of all, let me say that I've been following Mike Smyth's career as a legislative reporter for quite a few years now, and I must say he's one journalist who really likes to stir the pot. Doesn't matter if it's the BC Libs or the NDP, he gets his little shovel in there and digs until the partisans on both sides go ballistic.

Having said that, I don't think there's a person in B.C. who has lived here for the past quarter century and been politically aware that doesn't know the history of Gordon Wilson, so it didn't surprise me in the least when I heard the NDP had sacked him. However, I was surprised to find that he was an even bigger pain in the backside than I thought. But it was a real faux pas for Ralston to say what he did. There are times when our Mothers' old adage, "If you can't say anything nice about someone, don't say anything at all" should be heeded, and this was definitely one of those times.

So I think now is a good time to step back, take a deep breath, and admit that Wilson is an......um......unsavoury character who lost his leadership of the BC Liberal party when he underestimated Gordon Campbell's ability to manipulate the media into making his opponents look guilty of whatever he wants the public to think they're guilty of. In Wilson's case, it was the truth, though.

Then Wilson wormed his way into the NDP for awhile. Even managed to get elected as an MLA. But when he lost that well-paid position, he jumped back into the arms of Christy's Liberals, and made a big deal of endorsing Christy in the 2013 election. Hence the LNG appointment.

How am I doing so far, boys and girls? I'm going on record as predicting that Wilson will not sue Horgan or anyone else, because he knows that all those skeletons in his closet are going to fall out and then everyone who doesn't know his history will find out all about it and he'll become unemployable, again. Does Judy still have that little business of hers in Powell River? Does it pay enough to keep her husband in the lifestyle he's become accustomed to since 2013?
lasnomadas
Übergod

Liked in: 437 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room