Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

Postby Green-light » Sep 1st, 2017, 5:54 pm

Butt Flickers need to have their "rights" pulled back.
Unfortunately for the smokers that are non-butt flickers, that means total inclusion to the rule.

I'm not allowed to drive with a beer in hand. One beer will not put me over the legal limit, so why can't I have a cold one on the way home without hiding it under a coke can skin?

I'm not allowed to Have a single beer while walking about in public either.

I'm not allowed to smoke a phatty while out for a sunday cruise, yet studies actually support this activity by way of showing the risk is negligible to nil.

Why do we allow addicted junkies to smoke their chosen drug while driving, walking about in public and many other venues that I can't enjoy my drug(s) of choice.

Smokers are junkies. Period.
Deal with it.
They will do most ANYTHING for a puff if their pack runs dry. They will defend their rights to the gates of hell, before giving up their rights to smoke when and where they wish.

It's far past time to end this ridiculous allowance to junkies.
Tossing their butts out the window results in loss of lives, both human and not.
It destroys industries, communities and the sense of security we all work hard to achieve.

It's time to make smoking in public illegal. Smoking behind the wheel also needs to be outlawed.

These junkies are doing more damage than any other segment of the junky societies we foster through our own bad choices. Stop letting these junkies take lives, jobs, communities and security for the masses.
Green-light
Fledgling

Liked in: 85 posts

Re: Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

Postby ifwisheswerehorses » Sep 1st, 2017, 6:01 pm

Can we have 'Safe Smoking Sites' like the other other addicts? Maybe some sympathy for our addiction like other addicts?
Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you’ll ever regret.

davis123 likes this post.
ifwisheswerehorses
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 419 posts

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 1st, 2017, 6:09 pm

There are plenty of other ways to get nicotine for those smokers who are addicted (I am not without sympathy for their need for their preferred drug). So why do they have to be able to burn/inhale it? Why not just legalize the patches, gums, lozenges,vaporizors, chewing tobacco (blech), but outlaw the public burning of it (and burning around children of course). Then you wouldn't need "safe burning sites", because they could get their nicotine anywhere. What do they do if they are on a long flight in an airplane, or if they are stuck in hospital? No doubt they somehow manage with gums, or patches.
Last edited by Silverstarqueen on Sep 1st, 2017, 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2046 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Sep 1st, 2017, 6:31 pm

Green-light wrote:Butt Flickers need to have their "rights" pulled back.
Unfortunately for the smokers that are non-butt flickers, that means total inclusion to the rule.

I'm not allowed to drive with a beer in handalcohol is known to impaire driving . One beer will not put me over the legal limit, so why can't I have a cold one on the way home without hiding it under a coke can skin?wow... I sure hope you do not do this

I'm not allowed to Have a single beer while walking about in public either.again... beer intoxicates people,
Smoking does not.

I'm not allowed to smoke a phatty while out for a sunday cruise, yet studies actually support this activity by way of showing the risk is negligible to nil. please support this with a link to a study, all the studies I have seen say smoking a joint and driving impairs you

Why do we allow addicted junkies to smoke their chosen drug while driving, walking about in public and many other venues that I can't enjoy my drug(s) of choice.again, smoking doesn't impair people

Smokers are junkies. Period.does your need to drink and drive (literally) or smoke a phatty not make you a junkie of a different drug?
Deal with it.
They will do most ANYTHING for a puff if their pack runs dry. They will defend their rights to the gates of hell, before giving up their rights to smoke when and where they wish.

It's far past time to end this ridiculous allowance to junkies.
Tossing their butts out the window results in loss of lives, both human and not.agree, these people are terrible
It destroys industries, communities and the sense of security we all work hard to achieve.

It's time to make smoking in public illegal. Smoking behind the wheel also needs to be outlawed.

These junkies are doing more damage than any other segment of the junky societies we foster through our own bad choices. Stop letting these junkies take lives, jobs, communities and security for the masses.

TJ05 likes this post.
Sparki55
Board Meister

Liked in: 559 posts

Postby Green-light » Sep 1st, 2017, 6:37 pm

If you are a smoker, you will remember being dizzy, green and ill from smoking.
Tell me that a new smoker is not impaired by this.
You're clearly very wrong.
One single beer does not intoxicate me.
Did you miss that?
I will not do your homework for you. If you wish to seek the truth about weed and driving impairment, refer to studies done outside of Canada, as the Canadian studies are baseless and wrong.
Educate yourself. I'm not your teacher, nor your secretary.
Google is your friend.
I don't have a need for either a beer or a phatty ever, unlike a smoker. You see, I have a desire, not an addiction.
Again, google in your friend.
Green-light
Fledgling

Postby Green-light » Sep 1st, 2017, 8:39 pm

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:Can we have 'Safe Smoking Sites' like the other other addicts? Maybe some sympathy for our addiction like other addicts?

Your addiction isn't known for a high rate of overdose deaths.
Typical overdose of cigarette smoke results in vomiting and embarrassment in front of the cool kids.
Are you fearful of puking in front of the cool kids?

Other addicts garner sympathy on account of the total loss of control they have on their lives and often their actions. Hard drugs cause addictions that create issues that justify empathy, compassion and sympathy.

If you smoke and can't quite, see your doctor.
If you're not willing to quit with the cessation aids we have available today, then you don't want to quit. No sympathy deserved for signing your own tag.
Green-light
Fledgling

Postby lesliepaul » Sep 1st, 2017, 9:46 pm

Wow........sounds like your WHOLE LIFE is ruined by smokers.........that's too bad that the hatred has built up to where it is.

5 people like this post.
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 1018 posts

Postby gsc » Sep 1st, 2017, 10:14 pm

Not gonna lie I had a smoke while reading this and now kind want another while I crack a beer as well.

5 people like this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 427 posts

Postby Opeeved » Sep 1st, 2017, 11:33 pm

You can drive with a cold one in your hand, but like smokers throwing butts out the window, once you open it, you've broken the law.

People wanting to subvert rights without even knowing their rights, and wanting to change the law without knowing the law. .

Carry on lol.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8

gsc likes this post.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby Opeeved » Sep 1st, 2017, 11:35 pm

And I make no apologies to citizens like this. It's your monkey and definitely not my circus.. not one I'd attend anyway.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Postby Sparki55 » Sep 2nd, 2017, 1:56 am

Green-light wrote:If you are a smoker, you will remember being dizzy, green and ill from smoking.
Tell me that a new smoker is not impaired by this. They aren't
You're clearly very wrong. :up:
One single beer does not intoxicate me. tell me a new drinker isn't impaired by this
Did you miss that?
I will not do your homework for you. If you wish to seek the truth about weed and driving impairment, refer to studies done outside of Canada, as the Canadian studies are baseless and wrong.have you ever "smoked a phatty"? It completely impacts your judgement, and there is no good way to gauge how much you consume.
Educate yourself. I'm not your teacher, nor your secretary. :135:
Google is your friend.
I don't have a need for either a beer or a phatty ever, unlike a smoker. You see, I have a desire, not an addiction.
Again, google in your friend.
Sparki55
Board Meister

Postby Green-light » Sep 2nd, 2017, 5:33 pm

Ahhh, the intellect of the addicted mind.
Always entertaining to read, watch or listen to, from the perspective of someone smart enough to have quit.
Green-light
Fledgling

Postby Opeeved » Sep 2nd, 2017, 5:53 pm

Ahhh lol^^ you can't lie to us. There are times you crave a smoke. When you sometimes have a drink, or smell one, that part of your brain fires.

Carry on lol

davis123 likes this post.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Postby Silverstarqueen » Sep 2nd, 2017, 6:53 pm

Do people really crave a smoke? Why can't their addiction be satisfied with a patch, lozenge, or gum, vaporizing cig, even chewing tobacco?
There is no logical reason why someone would be addicted to the smoke. For those that feel they absolutely can't survive without carting burning materials around with them, to be inhaled at any convenient time, that is some strange kind of mental illness, not an addiction (unless perhaps they are a pyromaniac?).
Silverstarqueen
Guru

Liked in: 2046 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Sep 2nd, 2017, 7:20 pm

Green-light wrote:Ahhh, the intellect of the addicted mind.
Always entertaining to read, watch or listen to, from the perspective of someone smart enough to have quit.

Ahh the intellect of the mind which assumes before asking.
Always entertaining to read, watch or listen from the perspective of someone smart enough to never have picked up a smoking habit.
Sparki55
Board Meister

Next

Return to Bickering Room