Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

Postby ferri » Sep 2nd, 2017, 7:40 pm

:1422: This isn't Bickering. Get back on topic please! Thanks!
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 8842 posts

Postby Opeeved » Sep 2nd, 2017, 7:42 pm

Ferri has spoken.
This post was brought to you, by, the letter F, Q and the number 8

Bpeep likes this post.
Opeeved
Fledgling

Liked in: 104 posts

Postby Green-light » Sep 5th, 2017, 10:28 am

Opeeved wrote:Ahhh lol^^ you can't lie to us. There are times you crave a smoke. When you sometimes have a drink, or smell one, that part of your brain fires.

Carry on lol

Haven't craved a smoke in nearly a decade.
I was stupid enough to smoke for 26 years.
Took ten years and several tries and products to finally beat the stupidity.
The fact that you seem to think you can state my cravings as fact, speaks more about your own stupid than mine.
You really should quit. It'll make you type smarter.
Green-light
Fledgling

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby LTD » Sep 5th, 2017, 12:04 pm

well since you smoke phattys that makes you a smoker which I guess also makes you a junkie as well as a hypocrite
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2608 posts

Postby Poindexter » Sep 5th, 2017, 12:38 pm

I recently started a thread about how the effects of just a few of the ingredients in cigarettes, the accelerants, have effected all our lives but no one seems to care. Suppose asking that smokers simply relight thier cig when they naturally go out is just way too much to ask. That thyroid cancer, children's brain development and a host of other ailments are not too much a price to pay for such a inconvenience. Guess we can all choose our blind spots in life and it appears this is one that's acceptable to the majority. :up:

Queen K likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4077 posts

Postby Rider59 » Sep 5th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Poindexter wrote:I recently started a thread about how the effects of just a few of the ingredients in cigarettes, the accelerants, have effected all our lives but no one seems to care. Suppose asking that smokers simply relight thier cig when they naturally go out is just way too much to ask. That thyroid cancer, children's brain development and a host of other ailments are not too much a price to pay for such a inconvenience. Guess we can all choose our blind spots in life and it appears this is one that's acceptable to the majority. :up:

But then the other self righteous group will just whine that more carbon fuels are being burnt, contributing to....well you know how this goes.

Careful what you cry to get banned as the next flavour of the day just might be something you enjoy. (not directed at the poster)
Rider59
Board Meister

Liked in: 466 posts

Postby Poindexter » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:03 pm

^^ Flick your Bic all you want, couldn't care. Much better than asking non smokers to live with flame retardants in every piece of furniture in our house for the last 30 years.
Poindexter
Guru

Postby Rider59 » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:10 pm

Poindexter wrote:^^ Flick your Bic all you want, couldn't care. Much better than asking non smokers to live with flame retardants in every piece of furniture in our house for the last 30 years.

That was meant to be a 'tongue in cheek' comment.

BTW, are you saying that house fires are only caused by cigarettes? Really?
Rider59
Board Meister

Postby Poindexter » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Rider59 wrote:BTW, are you saying that house fires are only caused by cigarettes? Really?

Apologize if it was only tongue and cheek and no cigs aren't the only cause of household fires but they are the direct cause of fire retardants in everything from your couch to crib.

And I made a mistake on time frame, it's been in everything for the last 42 years.

May be off topic here so this is a link to that thread. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74353
Poindexter
Guru

Postby Rider59 » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:19 pm

Poindexter wrote:Apologize if it was only tongue and cheek and no cigs aren't the only cause of household fires but they are the direct cause of fire retardants in everything from your couch to crib.

And I made a mistake on time frame, it's been in everything for the last 42 years.

May be off topic here so this is a link to that thread. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=74353

Quit being so arrogant. Who the hell are you to demand an apology for a comment made in a public forum.

So, fire retardants are bad now?
Rider59
Board Meister

Postby Poindexter » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Huh? I apologized to you for misunderstanding your post. Yikes.

And yes they are useless, have been proven so. If firefighters want them banned from household furniture, that should tell you something.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bostong ... P/amp.html
Poindexter
Guru

Postby Bnoel » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:27 pm

It's time to outlaw sugars, fattening foods, tax overweight individuals, and those who do not exercise. Obesity kills more than tobacco.

3 people like this post.
Bnoel
Fledgling

Liked in: 44 posts

Postby Rider59 » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Poindexter wrote:Huh? I apologized to you for misunderstanding your post. Yikes.

And yes they are useless, have been proven so. If firefighters want them banned from household furniture, that should tell you something.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bostong ... P/amp.html

Well, the way you wrote it, it certainly looks like a demand. Maybe next time start with a 'I".

I apologize for misreading your post also.

Poindexter likes this post.
Rider59
Board Meister

Postby Poindexter » Sep 5th, 2017, 1:32 pm

Bnoel wrote:It's time to outlaw sugars, fattening foods, tax overweight individuals, and those who do not exercise. Obesity kills more than tobacco.

I have yet to see a study showing how you being overweight effects the health of others. Maybe you can provide.

Rider59 likes this post.
Poindexter
Guru

Postby Green-light » Sep 5th, 2017, 2:23 pm

LTD wrote:well since you smoke phattys that makes you a smoker which I guess also makes you a junkie as well as a hypocrite

Nope. Not anymore than your comment makes you stupid or *bleep*. You're not stupid, nor *bleep*.
I'm also not a junkie, nor a hypocrite.
Take three deep breathes, and hit the keys upon exhale.
Goes like this:
I smoke weed, so am a smoker of sorts.
Not what is typically referred to as a smoker, but by cigarette smokers it becomes a valued line of illogical reasoning to state that I am still, after all a smoker. You can have that. I am a smoker.
I am not the smoker we are talking of in this thread however, and if you need a hand understanding that, we can go into a better description for you. Your call.
I'm not addicted to weed. Nobody is. It's not addictive. Today's week health pro's and cry baby society has deemed a bad habit as addiction, so under those definitions, I can give you that as well. Unfortunately though, this doesn't apply to me. I often take long breaks from using weed, without issue. These breaks are often subconscious acts, as when I travel abroad, visit long unseen friends or family, or applying myself on a professional level. In those times, I need not smoke,nor am I drawn to. Not a junkie even by your loose definition. Sorry.
Now, a hypocrite. You'll have to explain that one to me. How is it I am or was being a hypocrite?
I fail to understand your illogical reasoning.
Remember, three deep breathes.
Green-light
Fledgling

Liked in: 85 posts

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room