Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Time to END it. Outlaw public smoking.

Postby LTD » Sep 5th, 2017, 4:44 pm

you smoke weed you're a smoker end of story therefore you're also a hypocrite if you're unsure of the meaning of hypocrite google is also your friend I'm not your secretary
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2950 posts

Postby Fancy » Sep 6th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Bnoel wrote:It's time to outlaw sugars, fattening foods, tax overweight individuals, and those who do not exercise. Obesity kills more than tobacco.

*sigh* the above has been mentioned more times than I can count when discussing smoking. Please enlighten everyone how any of that contributes to forest fires and physically hurt others. A smoker is a smoker no matter what it is if it's being inhaled.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6066 posts

Postby seewood » Sep 6th, 2017, 3:20 pm

Just an casual observation...I don't believe many smoke in Van or some other jurisdictions compared to the overall population in those jurisdictions.

Where I have notice the majority of smokers are further up north. I remember seeing them outside at some pubs in -25C having to have the nic-fix. Then again I've seen a warm enclosed room? separate to the main building, that has been heated and so crowded the air looked like our air this morning at 8 o'clock.
Nasty habit. Those that have been affected by the results of smoking have all said best not to start in the first place...
I am not wealthy but I am rich
seewood
Übergod

Liked in: 1066 posts

Postby cutter7 » Sep 7th, 2017, 5:00 pm

second hand smoke is a killer, why is it legal to smoke in public in the first place?

At least real junkies are only killing themselves.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 178 posts

Postby the truth » Sep 10th, 2017, 8:56 am

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6060 posts

Postby TreeGuy » Sep 10th, 2017, 10:12 am

ifwisheswerehorses wrote:Can we have 'Safe Smoking Sites' like the other other addicts? Maybe some sympathy for our addiction like other addicts?

These exist at the Kelowna airport. It looks like a glass bus shelter, but is actually for smokers.

I fully agree with this topic. When I am out for a walk why should I have to be sucking in second hand smoke from someone who has chosen this bad habit? Or when I am sitting at a red light on a sunny day, why should I have to roll up my window to avoid second hand smoke from wafting into my vehicle?

What if I had a bean burrito addiction and forced those around me to inhale my flatulence?

Poindexter likes this post.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 2636 posts

Postby gsc » Sep 18th, 2017, 8:15 am

LMFAO I was scrolling through and saw the name of this topic. If you think they will ban all public smoking your crazy. They need to ban booze too then and stupid people.

Stupid people cause fires and you can't argue that.

Second Booze kills many of people every year. Also booze is often found in the bush and makes people stupid.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 427 posts

Postby Green-light » Sep 19th, 2017, 1:04 pm

gsc wrote:LMFAO I was scrolling through and saw the name of this topic. If you think they will ban all public smoking your crazy. They need to ban booze too then and stupid people.

Stupid people cause fires and you can't argue that.

Second Booze kills many of people every year. Also booze is often found in the bush and makes people stupid.

Re: banning stupid people. Be careful what you wish for.
Re: banning booze. We're talking about public. Boozing in public is banned already. Your wish has been granted.
Re: booze found in bush. Please tell me where you are finding booze in the bush. I'd like to go clean up the bush.
Green-light
Fledgling

Liked in: 85 posts

Postby forum » Sep 19th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Booze often leads to some bush.

I vote not to ban.
forum
Guru

Liked in: 1370 posts

Postby fvkasm2x » Sep 20th, 2017, 9:20 pm

I love booze, but I'd still be alright with a ban on smoking and alcohol.

Neither will ever happen though.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Liked in: 1285 posts

Postby forum » Sep 20th, 2017, 10:12 pm

Banning alcohol would be like trying to erase humanity of its history of precious moments.

And banning cigarettes would be like banning crucial conversations out back behind the building.
forum
Guru

Liked in: 1370 posts

Postby Poindexter » Sep 21st, 2017, 2:22 pm

One of my pet peeves are sci fi movies that depict smoking in the future, even in the ship during space travel. It makes zero sense on any level. I'm thinking it must paid for by tobacco companies who can't advertise on TV and have decided product placement in movies works as an effective alternative.
Poindexter
Guru

Liked in: 4433 posts

Postby Catsumi » Sep 21st, 2017, 6:23 pm

Yes, and in that far distant future where smoking a butt is still allowed...

Why are they still using GUNS or variations of them?

Why aren't they using EXTREMELY DANGEROUS THOUGHT WAVES to eliminate foes???

:hailjo: :hailjo:
There is nothing government can give you that it hasn't taken from you in the first place.
Winston Churchill

Poindexter likes this post.
Catsumi
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 2438 posts

Postby davis123 » Oct 10th, 2017, 1:55 pm

Green-light wrote:Butt Flickers need to have their "rights" pulled back.
Unfortunately for the smokers that are non-butt flickers, that means total inclusion to the rule.

I'm not allowed to drive with a beer in hand. One beer will not put me over the legal limit, so why can't I have a cold one on the way home without hiding it under a coke can skin?

I'm not allowed to Have a single beer while walking about in public either.

I'm not allowed to smoke a phatty while out for a sunday cruise, yet studies actually support this activity by way of showing the risk is negligible to nil.

Why do we allow addicted junkies to smoke their chosen drug while driving, walking about in public and many other venues that I can't enjoy my drug(s) of choice.

Smokers are junkies. Period.
Deal with it.
They will do most ANYTHING for a puff if their pack runs dry. They will defend their rights to the gates of hell, before giving up their rights to smoke when and where they wish.

It's far past time to end this ridiculous allowance to junkies.
Tossing their butts out the window results in loss of lives, both human and not.
It destroys industries, communities and the sense of security we all work hard to achieve.

It's time to make smoking in public illegal. Smoking behind the wheel also needs to be outlawed.

These junkies are doing more damage than any other segment of the junky societies we foster through our own bad choices. Stop letting these junkies take lives, jobs, communities and security for the masses.

I agree with you! And I'm one of these junkies you speak so kindly of :) You won't change anything spouting off on the castanet forums however, have you brought up your concerns with your MP or the government? For any of you people that like to name call and make snide remarks about the smokers invading your personal space with toxic chemicals, you're nagging at the wrong people! Don't take your crap out on the smokers', they're doing EXACTLY what the government allows them to do. You got a prob with that? Take it up with the government! Petition the government to only allow smoking in designated areas, like their own home or whatever. Ask the government why they allow such a horrible product on store shelves. I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with the billions of tax revenue they bring in from us junkies.

Your comparison to beer is ridiculous however, beer intoxicates people, smoking does not. We are able to test for alcohol in the blood, do we have safe nicotine levels that we need to abide to for driving ? No we don't, yeah that's what makes your comparison ridiculous, apples and oranges.

flamingfingers likes this post.
davis123
Board Meister

Liked in: 542 posts

Previous

Return to Bickering Room