NDP stops Westside road construction out of spite?

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

NDP stops Westside road construction out of spite?

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 14th, 2017, 8:54 am

I am changing this post, mostly due to the attacks on my character. Anyway, here goes:

I have heard a rumour, unsubstantiated, that the NDP has cut funding and will be ending the construction on West Side road. I don't know if this is true. It may not be true. If it isn't true, I will be the first to admit it. If it is true, it would be good if someone could substantiate it.

If the NDP has done this, I can only speculate that this was done by the NDP out of spite. I don't know why else they would want to end funding the betterment of a dangerous road. This makes no sense to me, other than this is typical politicking by a party that doesn't actually care about anybody, despite what the brain-washed sycophants may say.

So there you go, if this is true, shame on the NDP. If it's not, then I will retract this. I hope someone can shed some light on this.
Last edited by ferri on Sep 14th, 2017, 2:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Bait removed.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15594 posts

Re: NDP stops Westside road construction out of spite

Postby seewood » Sep 14th, 2017, 9:20 am

This money has to be diverted to the lower mainland to provide housing to those that voted for them.
Imagine that, having someone else pay for your housing because you want to live in a certain jurisdiction...
I am not wealthy but I am rich

2 people like this post.
seewood
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 875 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 14th, 2017, 9:43 am

Where's your proof that the NDP is stopping construction on the Westside Road improvements? I just drove from Hwy 97 in West Kelowna to the Spallumcheen Golf Course on Sunday, and I couldn't believe the lame excuse for hwy improvements that had been done since Christy Clark announced her Westside Rd. improvement plan prior to the 2013 election.

Aside from a few pull-outs for slower traffic and a bit of road widening, there was no evidence of improvement since I drove that route a year ago. The road still resembles a corkscrew. If there was any straightening done, it wasn't noticeable. If the NDP has indeed halted construction, I don't blame them. The BCtaxpayers should not be footing the bill for such shoddy work. I'm looking forward to some news about a competent road construction company being hired to do the work that the BC Liberal contractors didn't do.

4 people like this post.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 711 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 14th, 2017, 9:45 am

Cactusflower wrote:If the NDP has indeed halted construction, I don't blame them.

Of course you don't. And when people start dying on this road again, you still won't. But thankfully, there will be enough people who will, and will throw this crooked unelected bunch of NDP bums out on their ears.
- Dr. Don Boys

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Leifer » Sep 14th, 2017, 9:47 am

Aside from a few pull-outs for slower traffic and a bit of road widening, there was no evidence of improvement since I drove that route a year ago

Hilarious as always Lasnodas/Cactusflower whatever.
So aside from the road improvements you fully admit to seeing in person....there is no evidence of road improvements on Westside road. :biggrin:
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)

5 people like this post.
Leifer
Board Meister

Liked in: 747 posts

Postby Cactusflower » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:06 am

What exactly do you mean by that? I repeat........there has been no noticeable improvements aside from a few pullouts for slower traffic and a small amount of road widening. I suppose that the people who voted for the representative that no longer exists in that riding were happy with the incompetent construction work that was done on Westside Rd. over the past 4 years. Some of us aren't, and if you have occasion to drive from Hwy 97 south of Kelowna to Hwy 97 north of Vernon, you won't be happy with it either.
Cactusflower
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 711 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:21 am

Cactusflower wrote: I suppose that the people who voted for the representative that no longer exists in that riding were happy with the incompetent construction work that was done on Westside Rd. over the past 4 years. .

we were and are, because it wasn't actually incompetent. And we were also happy to see some spending on Westside road, especially after years of neglect from the bumbling bozo NDP who were in power in the 1990's. Now that the same group of bumbling idiots is back in power, once again they screw over the people of West Kelowna. What a surprise.
- Dr. Don Boys

5 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby Veovis » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:25 am

So again, except for the road improvements there has been no road improvements.

Just wait though. This gets confirmed, the hateful policy will quickly become defended by the usual's on here as a work stoppage due to a misunderstanding.

4 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3863 posts

Postby Omnitheo » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:33 am

Wondering where this proof is.

Don't fault me if I don't take your word, but The Green Barbarian saying that according to some people ze spoke to, that the NDP are cancelling road work out of spite doesn't exactly sound solid.

I mean I could say that according to some people on the forums that god is sending hurricanes to punish people. But that's hardly enough refutable information there for me to create a forum post about it and go off on a rant.

There does not appear to be any evidence of this, yet you are accusing others of drinking kool-aid?
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

4 people like this post.
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3047 posts

Postby gordon_as » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:34 am

Cactusflower wrote:Where's your proof that the NDP is stopping construction on the Westside Road improvements? .

Only relevant post so far.
New for 2018 : Now posting at the maturity level of the average Lieberal cheerleader. Any intelligent remarks or verifiable facts are probably accidental.
gordon_as
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 938 posts

Postby rustled » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:48 am

Here's the government website page:
http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/trans ... st-kelowna

If it's current, 2 segments in design phase, 1 in construction phase, and 15 (of varying significance) completed.

2 people like this post.
rustled
Guru

Liked in: 5952 posts

Postby gman313 » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:56 am

I was caught in the 2 hr delay two days ago...looked like lots of activity to me

2 people like this post.
gman313
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1063 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 14th, 2017, 10:57 am

Cactusflower wrote:What exactly do you mean by that? I repeat........there has been no noticeable improvements aside from a few pullouts for slower traffic and a small amount of road widening. I suppose that the people who voted for the representative that no longer exists in that riding were happy with the incompetent construction work that was done on Westside Rd. over the past 4 years. Some of us aren't, and if you have occasion to drive from Hwy 97 south of Kelowna to Hwy 97 north of Vernon, you won't be happy with it either.

Cactusflower, seriously, what are you saying?

I've been driving Westside Road for years and do so quite often throughout a year. I've noticed remarkable changes and improvements to Westside Road, even quipping that I'm glad I got to drive it when it was still considered a dangerous road. I believe you are minimizing vast improvements. It seems it's even quicker to reach the resort now.

Now? I think it's been vastly improved with very few areas being a real challenge. My reward is always a stop at Little Kingdom for some of the best baked goods around.

GB, I have no way to confirm or deny if road improvements have been stopped or halted, but I hope this is not true. The road still needs some tweaking of course, but not every dangerous section of road can be "fixed" sometimes people just have to drive to road conditions and sometimes that doesn't even work. I know, people have died on it, but that's like a lot of highways in BC, nevermind backroads like Westside. I hope your friends are wrong, of course.
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**

9 people like this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12235 posts

Postby Queen K » Sep 14th, 2017, 11:00 am

gman313 wrote:I was caught in the 2 hr delay two days ago...looked like lots of activity to me

It could be that funding will halt as soon as that particular section is done, IF GB's friends have understood the announcement correctly. Where is the announcement again? GB?
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 12235 posts

Postby Urbane » Sep 14th, 2017, 11:01 am

Cactusflower wrote:What exactly do you mean by that? I repeat........there has been no noticeable improvements aside from a few pullouts for slower traffic and a small amount of road widening. I suppose that the people who voted for the representative that no longer exists in that riding were happy with the incompetent construction work that was done on Westside Rd. over the past 4 years. Some of us aren't, and if you have occasion to drive from Hwy 97 south of Kelowna to Hwy 97 north of Vernon, you won't be happy with it either.
If we were to run your post by SNOPES we would get this: FALSE.

As the late U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan once said, "You're entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts."
"Spectemur agendo"

3 people like this post.
Urbane
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 10427 posts

Next

Return to Bickering Room