47395
49256

Censorship on campus

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 21st, 2017, 5:30 pm

Urbane wrote:Here's another take on that apology to which I referred earlier:


thanks for posting this Urbane. This part drew my attention:

Shepherd’s supervising professor, Nathan Rambukkana, even told Shepherd that by showing the video clip neutrally, without the now-requisite denunciation of Peterson, it was basically akin to “neutrally playing a speech by Hitler …”

Rambukkana was joined by Herbert Pimlott, her program co-ordinator and a fellow, and this is clear from the recording, monumentally pleased with his own work and his own fine self, and Adria Joel, acting manager of the “Gendered Violence Prevention and Support” program, who had little to say but, I assume, was there to look injured on behalf of those who might have been or might ever be injured by gendered violence.

Rambukkana was the lead bully but, as someone who covers the criminal courts, where they are used to parsing out responsibility, the other two could have been found guilty of the same assault on Shepherd, just as parties to a murder can be convicted though they may not have pulled the trigger.


How are these leftist scumbags not fired on the spot!!???
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24964
Likes: 9916 posts
Liked in: 12148 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 21st, 2017, 5:33 pm

Queen K wrote:Why is Professor Jordon Peterson controversial?


3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24964
Likes: 9916 posts
Liked in: 12148 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Queen K » Nov 21st, 2017, 5:37 pm

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new ... htning-rod

He noted the PC movement starting in the early 90s, just when I said I did.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 49999
Likes: 10009 posts
Liked in: 10717 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 21st, 2017, 5:45 pm

Queen K wrote:He noted the PC movement starting in the early 90s, just when I said I did.


kindred spirits! :biggrin:
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24964
Likes: 9916 posts
Liked in: 12148 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Queen K » Nov 21st, 2017, 5:51 pm

You bet.

I also noted that the young men were extremely conservative, remember, I was in my mid-20s, so I was a bit more "liberal" by their standards. :D There was nothing liberal about my upbringing either, I was just a product of my times, the early 60s to late 70s, absorbing all the media influences.

I was alarmed by what I encountered from radical feminists though. Wow! Extremism even then.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 49999
Likes: 10009 posts
Liked in: 10717 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby DvAbCanEh! » Nov 21st, 2017, 8:25 pm

​You can bet whole farm, that the first item (1.1) on the agenda at the next executive meeting will be "Preventing recording devices at all future encounters with anyone outside the establishment".

3 people like this post.
User avatar
DvAbCanEh!
 
Posts: 5
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Apr 16th, 2017, 12:19 pm

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Keith Duhaime » Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am

maryjane48 wrote:Its disgusting what she tried to do and she knows it. Claiming to be leftist is biggest joke of this affaire . Its exact same garbage as jason kenney wanting to out trans kids in school.. Anyone supporting what she had to say or the idiot she was supporting should be put in jail . :smt045


Why are you assuming it was a 'she' that filed the complaint against Lindsay? Could be a 'he' or a 'ze' or a 'zer'. Whichever, what is this person doing in a university? Universities are for adults that can check their emotions at the door and discuss difficult topics. Whoever the snowflake was, they belong in kindgergarten and whoever took thier complaint at WLU should be shown the door. There should be no tolerance for wasting taxpayer dollars on children like this.

As for Lindsay, I hope she connects up with John Carpay and takes a good bite out of the three low-lifes that met with her as well as WLU. Dr. Peterson should also be talking to a lawyer too about a defamation suit. I might not agree with his views, but he is not Hitler.
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling
 
Posts: 192
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 82 posts
Joined: Aug 30th, 2013, 9:43 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Queen K » Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:32 am

Keith Duhaime wrote:
maryjane48 wrote:Its disgusting what she tried to do and she knows it. Claiming to be leftist is biggest joke of this affaire . Its exact same garbage as jason kenney wanting to out trans kids in school.. Anyone supporting what she had to say or the idiot she was supporting should be put in jail . :smt045


Why are you assuming it was a 'she' that filed the complaint against Lindsay? Could be a 'he' or a 'ze' or a 'zer'. Whichever, what is this person doing in a university? Universities are for adults that can check their emotions at the door and discuss difficult topics. Whoever the snowflake was, they belong in kindgergarten and whoever took thier complaint at WLU should be shown the door. There should be no tolerance for wasting taxpayer dollars on children like this.

As for Lindsay, I hope she connects up with John Carpay and takes a good bite out of the three low-lifes that met with her as well as WLU. Dr. Peterson should also be talking to a lawyer too about a defamation suit. I might not agree with his views, but he is not Hitler.


Keith, I'll bet your last insult that MJ meant Lindsay as "she". MJ agrees with the university staff. And don't call me a "snowflake" again, you haven't got a clue about me, k?
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 49999
Likes: 10009 posts
Liked in: 10717 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Keith Duhaime » Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:37 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling
 
Posts: 192
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 82 posts
Joined: Aug 30th, 2013, 9:43 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Keith Duhaime » Nov 22nd, 2017, 11:39 am

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling
 
Posts: 192
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 82 posts
Joined: Aug 30th, 2013, 9:43 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Keith Duhaime » Nov 22nd, 2017, 12:44 pm

Queen K wrote:Keith, I'll bet your last insult that MJ meant Lindsay as "she". MJ agrees with the university staff. And don't call me a "snowflake" again, you haven't got a clue about me, k?


*removed* In the meantime, not surprised to see John's organization has the incident at WLU on its radar (https://www.facebook.com/justicecentre/). Great guy John! Got to meet him at a presentation here in Kelowna a couple months back. He's doing excellent work in the courts dealing with fascist snowflakes and their sympathizers like you and MJ to put a stop to the types of treatment Lindsay received.
Last edited by ferri on Nov 22nd, 2017, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Keith Duhaime
Fledgling
 
Posts: 192
Likes: 15 posts
Liked in: 82 posts
Joined: Aug 30th, 2013, 9:43 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 22nd, 2017, 2:45 pm

I haven't listened to the entire tape but someone was telling me that these idiots mentioned something about the man-made climate change myth while they were conducting their disgusting interrogation of this poor woman? What? What does the AGW hoax have to do with anything related to Jordan Peterson? Just so stupid.
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

Queen K likes this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24964
Likes: 9916 posts
Liked in: 12148 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby The Green Barbarian » Nov 22nd, 2017, 2:46 pm

DvAbCanEh! wrote:​You can bet whole farm, that the first item (1.1) on the agenda at the next executive meeting will be "Preventing recording devices at all future encounters with anyone outside the establishment".


Nailed it. These losers thought that they could just bully this poor woman into silence. The next time they, or any other leftist bullies at other "institutions of higher learning" want to conduct this kind of star chamber inquisition, they will be checking for hidden phones. It's too bad these losers won't be fired.
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
The Green Barbarian
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 24964
Likes: 9916 posts
Liked in: 12148 posts
Joined: Sep 16th, 2010, 8:13 am

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Urbane » Nov 22nd, 2017, 6:06 pm

    The Green Barbarian wrote:Nailed it. These losers thought that they could just bully this poor woman into silence. The next time they, or any other leftist bullies at other "institutions of higher learning" want to conduct this kind of star chamber inquisition, they will be checking for hidden phones. It's too bad these losers won't be fired.

Yup. It's sickening to see our universities fostering an environment where freedom of expression is not only discouraged but possibly punishable. Universities should be all about freedom of expression and the exchange of ideas. Sadly, they've become institutions that stifle those things under the guise of protecting those who might be offended by ideas with which they might disagree. Very sad.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urbane
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20063
Likes: 7097 posts
Liked in: 8438 posts
Joined: Jul 8th, 2007, 6:41 pm

Re: Censorship on campus

Postby Queen K » Nov 22nd, 2017, 6:21 pm

Keith Duhaime wrote:
Queen K wrote:Keith, I'll bet your last insult that MJ meant Lindsay as "she". MJ agrees with the university staff. And don't call me a "snowflake" again, you haven't got a clue about me, k?


*removed* In the meantime, not surprised to see John's organization has the incident at WLU on its radar (https://www.facebook.com/justicecentre/). Great guy John! Got to meet him at a presentation here in Kelowna a couple months back. He's doing excellent work in the courts dealing with fascist snowflakes and their sympathizers like you and MJ to put a stop to the types of treatment Lindsay received.


Keith, note I bolded out me as separate from MJ? Know why? because you've not read our posts properly, that's why.

Depressingly, I'll bring you up to speed: I'm sympathizing with Lindsay Shepard, the T.A. who got impinged upon by the university brass for the henious "crime" of showing students a different viewpoint but not condemning it.

MJ is sympathizing with the university brass and the culture they wish to represent, MJ is saying that to not do so is akin to hate speech against transexuals.

Neither one of is a "fascist snowflake" as you've painted.

You however, not with one <removed> but three? Oh boy.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 49999
Likes: 10009 posts
Liked in: 10717 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am
Location: What? You mean here?

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests