Accident in the hills

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Accident in the hills

Postby Relentless » Dec 8th, 2017, 11:58 am

KB886 wrote: Well I wasn't texting and driving as I was driving.

It's funny how people lose control of their vehicles with no explanation, science always provides a reason for events to take place, even an arm chair critic can clearly hear the woman in the video announcing that she should use both hands. I think you were driving, but with no desire to pay attention, and thus the reason for losing control and hitting a vehicle head on.

Also, cell service is available all over the Okanagan, even in certain places in the bush, so maybe you weren't texting, but just playing with your phone, like the rest of the young females in this world that can never do any wrong.

It's also pretty clear that the video shows 2 side by sides travelling too fast for the icy conditions.
It would be interesting to speak with the vehicle owner that you hit head on, just to hear the other side of the story, before coming to conclusions.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 469 posts

Postby gsc » Dec 8th, 2017, 4:25 pm

UltraViolet wrote:

It's funny how people lose control of their vehicles with no explanation, science always provides a reason for events to take place, even an arm chair critic can clearly hear the woman in the video announcing that she should use both hands. I think you were driving, but with no desire to pay attention, and thus the reason for losing control and hitting a vehicle head on.

Also, cell service is available all over the Okanagan, even in certain places in the bush, so maybe you weren't texting, but just playing with your phone, like the rest of the young females in this world that can never do any wrong.

It's also pretty clear that the video shows 2 side by sides travelling too fast for the icy conditions.
It would be interesting to speak with the vehicle owner that you hit head on, just to hear the other side of the story, before coming to conclusions.

What's funny is how some who was not there can have so many assumptions and conclusions with no actual training on the subject.

"It's funny how people lose control of their vehicles with no explanation". Hmm I'm pretty sure we had mentioned a few times it was icey.

"clearly hear the woman in the video announcing that she should use both hands." Yep but how long was her hand off the wheel with out guessing. Did she reach to grab something, was her dash cluster dirty and wanted to see the speed so she wiped it clean, maybe she took her hand off to adjust her seat belt?

"I think you were driving, but with no desire to pay attention, and thus the reason for losing control and hitting a vehicle head on." So yet again I will say if you read what actually happened you would know she was being TAILGATED and SPUN OUT on ICE. The vehicle tailgating her did not leave any room to safely stop thus hitting her.

"Also, cell service is available all over the Okanagan, even in certain places in the bush, so maybe you weren't texting, but just playing with your phone, like the rest of the young females in this world that can never do any wrong." WOW I am not even going to get into how sexist or judgmental that comment is WOW.

"It's also pretty clear that the video shows 2 side by sides travelling too fast for the icy conditions." In non of the video you can see the speedometer to see how fast we are actually going. So your guessing on our speed and I don't mind. I can tell you though that during the time of the accident the road conditions where a lot different then what's on the video as it was a different road all together. The speed that we where doing was a lot slower as the road was a big sheet of ice. I can assure you we know how to drive our mechines.

Please feel free to subscribe though to our channel :) we love getting all the views on our videos :).
I might die tonight but if I do I'm a be ok
And if I die tonight at least I stood by stuff I said
I've got two graves dug one for me and one for the person in my way
And if I die tonight at least I can say I never ran away.

2 people like this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 412 posts

Postby KB886 » Dec 8th, 2017, 4:52 pm

UltraViolet wrote:

You do realize how cold it is with all the snow in the bush right? That would mean I would have to take off my gloves and freeze... I think not. Also I keep my phone in my dry box because my pockets on my jacket do not do up. Yes in one spot I was holding my pop because in my cup holder it was spilling so I handed it off to my passenger. As for speaking with the vehicle owner as stated before he has admitted fault and he knows he was following too close for the conditions. This wasn't made to start an argument it was made to advise people to drive with caution. This video was taken in the day where as we were driving a different way home and it was starting to become dark also there are many reasons why I could have spun out but I can assure you it was because the road was a literal sheet of ice and you weren't there so you're assumptions really were just that.
KB886

Liked in: 32 posts

Postby KB886 » Dec 8th, 2017, 4:53 pm

UltraViolet wrote:

KB886

Postby Relentless » Dec 8th, 2017, 7:03 pm

I'm actually waiting to hear the other side of the story from the vehicle owner, as it is clear that the driver of the red side by side was not in control of the vehicle many times throughout the day, excuses or not.
Relentless
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 469 posts

Postby gsc » Dec 8th, 2017, 7:43 pm

Well if you know him I'm sure you'll hear from him :).
gsc
Board Meister

Postby KB886 » Dec 8th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Feel free to talk to him. I did spin out more than once because It was slippery. I'm also not the only one who did. I had friend following us all day in a jeep and he gave himself enough room and we had no problems. Also you keep saying that I hit the vehicle head on but I need to correct you because I was not moving I was stationary when the jeep hit me.
KB886

Postby TreeGuy » Dec 8th, 2017, 10:30 pm

Otherwise it sounded like a fun and safe event! I hope to attend next year in my rig.

F5AB1776-397A-4A87-880B-F1F6ACC1CE89.jpeg

2 people like this post.
TreeGuy

Liked in: 2157 posts

Postby gsc » Dec 9th, 2017, 1:20 am

TreeGuy wrote:Otherwise it sounded like a fun and safe event! I hope to attend next year in my rig.

F5AB1776-397A-4A87-880B-F1F6ACC1CE89.jpeg

You totally should it's a blast .. you'll meet lots of super nice people as well.
gsc
Board Meister

Postby gsc » Dec 19th, 2017, 5:58 pm

Update:
So ICBC told us to take it back to the shop we purchased our side by sides from and have them go over the whole mechine. After that the shop is to send an invoice to icbc to evaluate the cost of damage.

They got a hold of the guy that hit my wife finally and he fully admitted guilt and his insurance is also going to cover our insurance deductible fully so we are not out of pocket for anything.

Now the bad part. We went to the shop today and showed them some pics of it and they think it might actually be a full write off. That sucks because icbc usually only gives you what they think the mechine is worth so fingers crossed it can all be fixed.
gsc
Board Meister

Postby dirtybiker » Dec 19th, 2017, 6:10 pm

When dealing with ICBC never settle directly.
Fight it out, show fortitude and confidence on what you will settle for.
Their price will continue to come up to a point of acceptable.

Don't insult their intelligence, don't let them insult yours.

Play the game, Play hard.

or, just settle, bang, hammer and pull crap outa the way, fix the rad
and go bombing around.

The toy in question is fairly much designed to be beat on.
carry on..
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

gsc likes this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 2763 posts

Postby LTD » Dec 19th, 2017, 6:20 pm

take it to CR Racing get a quote settle with icbc and get them to fix it if theyre not to busy they fix those all the time and wrecked way worse than that

gsc likes this post.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2413 posts

Postby gsc » Dec 19th, 2017, 7:18 pm

dirtybiker wrote:When dealing with ICBC never settle directly.
Fight it out, show fortitude and confidence on what you will settle for.
Their price will continue to come up to a point of acceptable.

Don't insult their intelligence, don't let them insult yours.

Play the game, Play hard.

or, just settle, bang, hammer and pull crap outa the way, fix the rad
and go bombing around.

The toy in question is fairly much designed to be beat on.
carry on..

Oh I'm gonna play hard ball with them I they wanna write it off. And I'm in no rush to just settle I know how big of crooks they can be. I have had to deal with them before.
gsc
Board Meister

Postby gsc » Dec 19th, 2017, 7:21 pm

LTD wrote:take it to CR Racing get a quote settle with icbc and get them to fix it if theyre not to busy they fix those all the time and wrecked way worse than that

I have to take it to valley moto sport as they deal with icbc all the time and can get all the parts or get me a new one if need be. Chad at cr mainly deals with the razors and canam mechines not so much the Arctic cat trails.

dirtybiker likes this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Previous

Return to Bickering Room