Time to let them die

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Time to let them die

Postby common_sense_guy » Dec 19th, 2017, 11:46 am

After talking with friends that know firemen and other First Responders. It's time to let the drug addicts die and stop wasting our expensive resources bringing them back to life multiple times. I don't understand why everybody talks about trying to help them when probably 90% of them are going to keep doing it until they die.. I've heard a story from one first responder that has saved the same person 7 times. I've heard they're rotating fireman staff at different Fire Halls because the the ones that work downtown are seeing more of it and it's either making them jaded or mad that they keep getting sent out to save the same people over and over. Just don't care about life anyway. I'm waiting for one politician to say I plan on letting them die if that's what they want and I will vote for him to save money in the health system.. I think there's a lot less bleeding hearts for these people then the news report. They seem to only carry the stories of people that want to continuing throwing our tax dollars at this problem. Enough is enough save the person one time maybe twice third time walk away. Common Sense must prevail but when politicians are involved it never usually does.. so if you want my vote come election time tell me you're going to stop wasting that money on addicts. And then show the backbone if you get in.
the smartest person in the room usually isn't the one talking the most but rather talking the least ;)

4 people like this post.
common_sense_guy

Liked in: 41 posts

Re: Time to let them die

Postby Grandan » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:16 pm

common_sense_guy wrote:After talking with friends that know firemen and other First Responders. It's time to let the drug addicts die and stop wasting our expensive resources bringing them back to life multiple times. I don't understand why everybody talks about trying to help them when probably 90% of them are going to keep doing it until they die.. I've heard a story from one first responder that has saved the same person 7 times. I've heard they're rotating fireman staff at different Fire Halls because the the ones that work downtown are seeing more of it and it's either making them jaded or mad that they keep getting sent out to save the same people over and over. Just don't care about life anyway. I'm waiting for one politician to say I plan on letting them die if that's what they want and I will vote for him to save money in the health system.. I think there's a lot less bleeding hearts for these people then the news report. They seem to only carry the stories of people that want to continuing throwing our tax dollars at this problem. Enough is enough save the person one time maybe twice third time walk away. Common Sense must prevail but when politicians are involved it never usually does.. so if you want my vote come election time tell me you're going to stop wasting that money on addicts. And then show the backbone if you get in.

Sorry to hear you are so jaded by the realities of life.
If it was a friend or relative who died would you be asking why they could not be saved?
Who is going to make the call about who is saved and who is not, the paramedics?
How are you going to tell which is a drug overdose and which is some other medical emergency?
What if it is the sole breadwinner for a family and he has a good job and otherwise pays his bills but is severely addicted due to big pharma and complicit doctors? Are the costs of supporting his family when he dies going to be significantly more than one or two shots of Narcan?
I would not want your vote if I was a politician.
Waste not
Grandan
√úbergod

Liked in: 625 posts

Postby RVThereYet » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:19 pm

common_sense_guy wrote:After talking with friends that know firemen and other First Responders. It's time to let the drug addicts die and stop wasting our expensive resources bringing them back to life multiple times. I don't understand why everybody talks about trying to help them when probably 90% of them are going to keep doing it until they die.. I've heard a story from one first responder that has saved the same person 7 times. I've heard they're rotating fireman staff at different Fire Halls because the the ones that work downtown are seeing more of it and it's either making them jaded or mad that they keep getting sent out to save the same people over and over. Just don't care about life anyway. I'm waiting for one politician to say I plan on letting them die if that's what they want and I will vote for him to save money in the health system.. I think there's a lot less bleeding hearts for these people then the news report. They seem to only carry the stories of people that want to continuing throwing our tax dollars at this problem. Enough is enough save the person one time maybe twice third time walk away. Common Sense must prevail but when politicians are involved it never usually does.. so if you want my vote come election time tell me you're going to stop wasting that money on addicts. And then show the backbone if you get in.

And what if this person was your bother, sister, cousin or aunt or even just a close friend?
RVThereYet
Fledgling

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby the truth » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:20 pm

always someone else's fault with some of you people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4673 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Grandan wrote:Who is going to make the call about who is saved and who is not, the paramedics?

Easy; you get saved twice, third time you are out of luck/ help. I'll leave it up to the experts to come up with a way to monitor how many times the same person has overdosed and an easy way to check on who they are dealing with at the scene.

If we want to continue to save everyone regardless of how many times then you get two free saves and if proven to be using illegal drugs when you are brought back to life the 3rd time then you are charged the cost of saving and if you cannot pay then you have to do community service to pay it off or have you wages garnished.
Sparki55
Fledgling

Liked in: 248 posts

Postby Sparki55 » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:25 pm

RVThereYet wrote:And what if this person was your brother, sister, cousin or aunt or even just a close friend?

If the police or ambulance service told me this was there 7th time overdosing this year I wouldn't think my brother, sister or friend thought about the people they harm when their life is taken by risky activity. Once or twice I understand people screw up but come on these people just keep repeating knowing they may die.
Sparki55
Fledgling

Liked in: 248 posts

Postby Jonrox » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:32 pm

You're proposing we stop helping people who knowingly take risks and do damage to their health. There's no reason to single out drug users when people who are addicted to crappy good are a bigger drain on the system than the drug addicts.

Following your logic, we should stop helping people who eat poorly, people who partake in risky sports, smokers, people who drink alcohol, terrible drivers, and the list goes on and on.

You're proposing a very slippery slope that I don't think you'd like to be a part of... that is, unless you never drink alcohol, you eat perfectly, and you don't have any chronic injuries.

2 people like this post.
Jonrox
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 1625 posts

Postby common_sense_guy » Dec 19th, 2017, 12:40 pm

This is for all the people who think I am Jaded by the realities of life and excetera. I do have a family member that has been addicted since the age of 16. That was 12 years ago. Do you think I ever see them or hear from them anyway when they're in that life?. It is sad but I know their time will come and I will lose that family member. That is the reality of life. I will cry when they pass away but they are part of the problem whether they're my family or not. My comments are unbiased which is more than I can say about most of the posts on here. I'm trying to look at things as common sense. To the people who think my idea is wrong morally. How would you feel if your loved one was dying on the floor in front of you but the ambulance or First Responders were helping another addict come back to life for the 3rd or 4th time. Honestly ask yourself would you be upset if you found out they couldn't come because they were bringing an addict back to life.. the people that also don't like my opinion have probably never really knew an addict personally or have been around that. The people that constantly ask for " data please" when someone makes a comment are the most out of touch and only get their news from One Source and usually have no concept of the real world. The ugly world. All I can say is if you don't agree with someone's opinion try looking at it from their point of view first instead of just disagreeing. If you can truly and unbiasedly look at all angles of an issue ,you'll have a better understanding of life and people. Don't just spew what you heard on the news. Do a little research yourself and ask real people
the smartest person in the room usually isn't the one talking the most but rather talking the least ;)

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
common_sense_guy

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby Piecemaker » Dec 24th, 2017, 9:41 pm

I'm not sure if this is what common_sense_guy meant or not, but sometimes the loved ones of drug addicts (or someone severely mentally ill who makes multiple suicide attempts), are relieved when the worry, pain, fear, frustration, etc., is finally over. It isn't pleasant living the life of an addict nor is it pleasant being the loved one of an addict.
It's possible to do all the right things and still get a bad result.

Bsuds likes this post.
Piecemaker
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1497 posts

Postby forum » Dec 24th, 2017, 10:16 pm

So basically anyone who doesn't iron their jeans should die.
forum
Guru

Liked in: 1149 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 24th, 2017, 10:22 pm

common_sense_guy wrote:I don't understand why everybody talks about trying to help them

I don't understand why so many people talk about wanting to kill them or let them die. It's not something a normal person would ponder, usually people are inclined to help others.

Triple 6 likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Liked in: 174 posts

Postby Dizzy1 » Dec 24th, 2017, 11:38 pm

A life is a life - regardless of their life's choices :132:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.

oneh2obabe likes this post.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 4834 posts

Return to Bickering Room