NDP leaks Santa's list

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: NDP leaks Santa's list

Postby pepecat » Jan 9th, 2018, 9:23 pm

Catsumi wrote:Horgan and pals

You ask:
"
"What exactly triggered such emotional responses? The guard dog comment? That was meant to be silly...."

Yes, this is one of many silly, taunting, childish, inflaming comments you and your pals have made in various threads. You harp and whine on the same old tune endlessly. Others who wish to contribute to a thread give up when seeing your sneering and condescending comments.

The final worst of the lot is the disgraceful comment you made about two long standing and respected members of Castanet. I am surprised you are still allowed to post.

I nomally refrain from being this personal but had to speak out this once.

I didn't see Horgan's removed post, so I have no opinion on what he/she said. I will accept that it was pretty bad and was removed for good reason.

However, why should you condemn a person's opinions as "silly, taunting, childish, and inflaming", whilst defending another Castanet poster who does just that on a regular basis? There is a prolific poster who is constantly sneering and condescending and mocking anyone who thinks differently than him/her on these boards. Why is it okay for him/her to call people "disgusting" and "stupid" but no one else should because they are not a "long-standing member of Castanet"?

HorganIsMyHero likes this post.
pepecat
Fledgling

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby Catsumi » Jan 9th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Good point. Those who need new shoes will find a fit.
nothing wrong with being open minded as long as your brains don't fall out.
Catsumi
Übergod

Liked in: 1671 posts

Postby dirtybiker » Jan 9th, 2018, 9:38 pm

Divide and conquer..

Seems the government has divided the citizens......
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

2 people like this post.
dirtybiker
Guru

Liked in: 2764 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 9th, 2018, 9:39 pm

pepecat wrote: didn't see Horgan's removed post, so I have no opinion on what he/she said. I will accept that it was pretty bad and was removed for good reason.

It wasn't. I'll reiterate for good measure but I know no one cares especially from the PMs I received:

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I'm baffled that comments like this as well as ones calling me a massive jack-ass are allowed yet when I post:

-that I did not attack anyone's significant other
-that I wish a person and the person's significant other a good night. I actually meant this but somehow it's a personal attack

that I'm making things way too personal. My posts even garnered me some private messages where people felt inclined to call me names.

Anyone want to actually discuss the NDP?
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby pepecat » Jan 9th, 2018, 9:45 pm

dirtybiker wrote:Divide and conquer..

Seems the government has divided the citizens......

No I don't think so. The rabid people in the political threads think they live in the USA. We Canadians are still pretty cool thank you very much.
pepecat
Fledgling

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2018, 8:40 am

pepecat wrote: Why is it okay for him/her to call people "disgusting" and "stupid" but no one else should because they are not a "long-standing member of Castanet"?

As I've said over and over again, I don't care if people want to attack me, but if they are disgusting and stupid enough to go after people like QK who are long-standing and respected members of Castanet, they should expect to be called out, and rightly so.

Pepe - you and I are definitely enemies. One of the reasons that I call communists like you disgusting and stupid is that I think communists are horrible people. And because I know it bothers you, so much so, I hope, that you would question your love of communism and understand all of the pain and suffering people like you cause in the world with your disgusting and stupid ideologies.

Attack me all you want for not sharing your communist views. But be prepared to get piled on if you attack posters like QK (this is directed at Horgan/Richard Clank/Jolly).
Last edited by The Green Barbarian on Jan 10th, 2018, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.
- Dr. Don Boys

Queen K likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 15161 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2018, 8:43 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
It wasn't. I'll reiterate for good measure but I know no one cares especially from the PMs I received:

You are right, no one cares. Suck it up. Or better yet, apologize to QK.

Anyone want to actually discuss the NDP?

Yes, sure. They are awful. Hope Weaver brings them down soon.
- Dr. Don Boys

Queen K likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby normaM » Jan 10th, 2018, 9:16 am

Warning says to enter here own risk.
Why exactly do you dislike the NDP so much GreenB?
At this point they ( parties) all about the same. But we'll never enjoy radical change in the way Govt is structured imo.
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
normaM
Walks on Forum Water

Liked in: 1953 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 10th, 2018, 10:06 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:Or better yet, apologize to QK.

Ugh, first it was you whining in every post that some story you posted on a public website was mentioned. Key-word being mentioned - no attacks to loved ones. Now it's you whining that I should apologize to a poster because of a stupid guard dog comment. If people can't handle bickering and have to cowardly send personal attacks in PMs and then weirdly start asking for apologies, maybe they shouldn't be posting here.

normaM wrote:At this point they ( parties) all about the same. But we'll never enjoy radical change in the way Govt is structured imo.

Sure seems like it. Still really disappointed the NDP just copied a bunch of the plans of the Liberals. I mean they were good plans but what was the point of the change in government if it's just going to be copy paste?

The NDP keeps being demonized for minimum wage increases yet Christy Clark was all in favour of raising it and did so multiple times.

normaM likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2018, 10:18 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Ugh, first it was you whining in every post that some story you posted on a public website was mentioned. Key-word being mentioned - no attacks to loved ones. Now it's you whining that I should apologize to a poster because of a stupid guard dog comment. If people can't handle bickering and have to cowardly send personal attacks in PMs and then weirdly start asking for apologies, maybe they shouldn't be posting here.

Instead of writing this insanely stupid garbage, you could have apologized. But you still don't get it. So fine, be the giant loser we all know you are.

The NDP keeps being demonized for minimum wage increases yet Christy Clark was all in favour of raising it and did so multiple times.

it's the Liberals that raised the wage in Ontario. What most people are trying to explain to those who are so gung-ho on the minimum wage hikes - it's not just the concept of raising the wage, it's the concept of raising it so much in such a short period of time.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2018, 10:19 am

normaM wrote:
Why exactly do you dislike the NDP so much GreenB?

did you live in BC in the 1990's?
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 10th, 2018, 11:42 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:it's not just the concept of raising the wage, it's the concept of raising it so much in such a short period of time.

Which hasn't been done in BC. I thought we were talking about the BC NDP. Horgan is largely sticking to Clark's plan of slowly raising minimum wage over years so as to not disturb the economy too drastically.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:10 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
I thought we were talking about the BC NDP. Horgan is largely sticking to Clark's plan of slowly raising minimum wage over years so as to not disturb the economy too drastically.

and I think he will as long as his status of usurper/shaky majoirity holds. If there is another election, and the people of BC are dumb enough to give the NDP a majority, then all bets are off.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:18 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:and I think he will as long as his status of usurper/shaky majoirity holds. If there is another election, and the people of BC are dumb enough to give the NDP a majority, then all bets are off.

I really doubt he'd drastically change anything but if you say so. He seems like a guy who likes using plans other parties and people wrote.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 10th, 2018, 2:23 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
I really doubt he'd drastically change anything but if you say so. He seems like a guy who likes using plans other parties and people wrote.

The real damage to BC by the NDP during the last NDP reign of terror really occurred in the second term. That's when they did the fast ferries deal and the disgusting back-room deal with the BCTF.
- Dr. Don Boys
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room