Trudeau is a “Clown with a diplomatic passport”

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Trudeau is a “Clown with a diplomatic passport”

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 8:56 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:Diarrheastan.

Really? This is the level of discussion people want to have?

Yes . Yes it is. It's great to lighten up. This isn't exactly diplomatic negotiations. Luckily we can leave the serious and important stuff to Junior J. Hahahaha.

2 people like this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 9:00 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Don't have to build a wall. Just say "NO!!" and "go back where you came from" when the ISIS plane arrives in Toronto from Diarrheastan.

Oh Man. Thanks! I needed a laugh . Despite the humor it's also quite feasible. :130:

2 people like this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby The Green Barbarian » Dec 31st, 2017, 1:15 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Really? This is the level of discussion people want to have?

Lighten up. That's a line from the Sopranos. And yes, it's the level of discussion people want to have. How about discuss the actual concept that instead of allowing people who want to do us harm and who don't want to live in peace into the country, we turn them away? How about that? Or is that too frightening a concept to even consider?
3.7 cents kwh in alberta is a lie. The science is settled - wind turbines suck.

Not all leftists are stupid, but most stupid people are leftists.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Liked in: 12252 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 31st, 2017, 1:52 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:
HorganIsMyHero wrote:Really? This is the level of discussion people want to have?

And yes, it's the level of discussion people want to have.

And yes, that's too bad. Because as you say ...

The Green Barbarian wrote: How about discuss the actual concept that instead of allowing people who want to do us harm and who don't want to live in peace into the country, we turn them away? How about that? Or is that too frightening a concept to even consider?

I don't think the concept is too frightening. I would certainly like to explore and discuss it. However, we always very quickly get sidetracked by the vitriolic partisan hyperbole and rhetoric ("disgusting leftist nonsense", etc.), or deflections. Too bad.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3113 posts

Postby Veovis » Dec 31st, 2017, 2:04 pm

I think the concept is fine. You made your choice and now you live with it seems to not be a concept people like anymore. IN this instance it was a choice to leave your country and fight against them and attack innocents for radical idealism.

You don't get to shake hands after and say good game and go home after, because it's not a game.

However people like warm and fuzzy ideas. They like the IDEA that they can come home and not be a monster of a person (they will be), and for that desire to hide from realities in this ugly world they will yell and defend a leaders choices when they are based on making the people feel fuzzy.

The leader of a country needs to make hard choices, not ones that make himself feel fuzzy, he is responsible for this country and is acting more like a reality TV star than a Prime Minister of a major world country.

Reality TV isn't real, people just wish it was. Reality reality, is hard, and it doesn't appear our PM likes anything hard.

Edit - Trevor Noah on the Daily Show year in review last night had a good point. Trump like being President, not doing President. Speeches and photo ops and saying popular things...loves it....doing the real job not so much. Sadly Justin seems quite the same. Selfies and jargon, but when it comes to actually doing the job.....nothing.

2 people like this post.
Veovis
Guru

Liked in: 3328 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 31st, 2017, 7:00 pm

The Green Barbarian wrote:Lighten up. That's a line from the Sopranos. And yes, it's the level of discussion people want to have.

Sad

The Green Barbarian wrote:How about discuss the actual concept that instead of allowing people who want to do us harm and who don't want to live in peace into the country, we turn them away? How about that? Or is that too frightening a concept to even consider?

I don't know, may I? I'm not sure who is and isn't allowed to post here. Seems like most people get called a brainless leftist right away.

I think we should allow people in Canada who don't have diarrhea. I don't care about their ideologies, I just don't want them to have diarrhea
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 191 posts

Postby hobbyguy » Jan 1st, 2018, 9:20 am

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/john-ivison-canadas-allies-are-killing-their-isil-fighters-while-we-put-our-hope-in-counselling

"Rory Stewart, the U.K. minister of international development, said last week the only way of dealing with British citizens who joined ISIL is to kill them. The British have also been active in stripping citizenship from dual nationals and banning them from returning to the U.K.

The U.S. has stated explicitly that its mission is to make sure that any foreign fighters who joined ISIL in Syria, die in Syria. Australia and France have taken a similar approach, with French special forces co-operating with Iraqi units to hunt down and kill French fighters.

Goodale said, “Canada does not engage in death squads.”"

I suppose that is the heart of the question.
We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both. - Louis D. Brandeis
hobbyguy
Guru

Liked in: 6194 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 1st, 2018, 9:31 am

hobbyguy wrote: Goodale said, “Canada does not engage in death squads.”"

:135: Maybe we should start
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 1st, 2018, 10:39 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Sad

Not really. What's "sad" is that you wasted time even commenting, especially in the negative. Makes you look pretty sad, actually.

I don't know, may I? I'm not sure who is and isn't allowed to post here. Seems like most people get called a brainless leftist right away.

Silly comment, but I will grant you that "brainless leftist" is redundant.

I think we should allow people in Canada who don't have diarrhea. I don't care about their ideologies, I just don't want them to have diarrhea

You go with that, I'll go with people not wanting to live in peace. Also those who use fake disabilities as a crutch to demand the nanny-state hike minimum wage, but that's another topic all together.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 1st, 2018, 10:41 am

Veovis wrote:Edit - Trevor Noah on the Daily Show year in review last night had a good point. Trump like being President, not doing President. Speeches and photo ops and saying popular things...loves it....doing the real job not so much. Sadly Justin seems quite the same. Selfies and jargon, but when it comes to actually doing the job.....nothing.

yes, this is a great comparative. Trudeau and Trump - empty vacuous gestures rule the day, actual governing not so much.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 1st, 2018, 10:43 am

Ka-El wrote: However, we always very quickly get sidetracked by the vitriolic partisan hyperbole and rhetoric ("disgusting leftist nonsense", etc.), or deflections. Too bad.

What's too bad is some would wimp out using lame excuses like the one above rather than actually comment on the topic. That's really too bad.

2 people like this post.
The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 1st, 2018, 10:46 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:You go with that, I'll go with people not wanting to live in peace. Also those who use fake disabilities as a crutch to demand the nanny-state hike minimum wage, but that's another topic all together.

Start the topic then. I'd love to hear what you think is a fake disability.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 191 posts

Postby Jflem1983 » Jan 1st, 2018, 11:15 am

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
The Green Barbarian wrote:You go with that, I'll go with people not wanting to live in peace. Also those who use fake disabilities as a crutch to demand the nanny-state hike minimum wage, but that's another topic all together.

Start the topic then. I'd love to hear what you think is a fake disability.

Anxiety
We don't reach for handouts we reach for those who are down . "Garth Brooks "

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
MAKE ALBERTA GREAT AGAIN

The Green Barbarian likes this post.
Jflem1983
Grand Pooh-bah

Liked in: 1658 posts

Postby Ka-El » Jan 1st, 2018, 11:20 am

The Green Barbarian wrote:
Ka-El wrote: However, we always very quickly get sidetracked by the vitriolic partisan hyperbole and rhetoric ("disgusting leftist nonsense", etc.), or deflections. Too bad.

What's too bad is some would wimp out using lame excuses like the one above rather than actually comment on the topic. That's really too bad.

Gee, and barely two hours ago (on the very same thread yet) …
Ka-El Today, 9:31 am wrote:
hobbyguy wrote: Goodale said, “Canada does not engage in death squads.”"

:135: Maybe we should start

I am certainly grateful I am not stumbling around wearing partisan sunglasses so thick the lens resemble the bottom of a Coke bottle. You’re being challenged here by multiple posters to defend your positions with credible argument, not the continuous immature vitriolic hyperbole that has become your namesake. It’s a brand-new year Mr. Barbarian, and a chance for you to turn over a new leaf. Pretty much all of us swing voters are willing to consider constructive adult arguments, and this is your invitation to show us all you are capable. You won't disappoint if you fail, but you have the chance now to prove us wrong.

kevingerry78 likes this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Postby The Green Barbarian » Jan 1st, 2018, 6:03 pm

Ka-El wrote:I am certainly grateful I am not stumbling around wearing partisan sunglasses so thick the lens resemble the bottom of a Coke bottle. .

Oh the irony!!! :biggrin: :130:

The Green Barbarian
Admiral HMS Castanet

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room