Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 30th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Classless Trudeau brothers wear sweaters that mock Jesus and the celebration of the Last Supper. Would it be against the law if they were mocking Mohammed?

When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.

the truth likes this post.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2275 posts

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby JLives » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:17 pm

We get it. You hate Trudeau for no good reason. No need to make 18 threads a day b*tching about every minor thing.

Me and several of my friends have worn shirts just like this leading up to the holidays. What makes you think religion can't be poked fun at? And you and I both know Mohammed is not associated with Christmas.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

2 people like this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5288 posts

Postby vegas1500 » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Can’t be gone soon enough
Attachments
CFB2248E-2CA5-4D84-9522-CFC9167C300C.jpeg
CFB2248E-2CA5-4D84-9522-CFC9167C300C.jpeg (60.75 KiB) Viewed 337 times

6 people like this post.
vegas1500
Generalissimo Postalot

Liked in: 1026 posts

Postby Merry » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:25 pm

I've never seen these particular sweat shirts before, but given the sensitive nature of religion I would think having the leader of our country wear one is in very poor taste (as well as demonstrating a significant lack of good judgement).
"In a world swathed in political correctness, the voting booth remains the final sanctuary where the people are free to speak" - Clifford Orwin

7 people like this post.
Merry
Guru

Liked in: 3722 posts

Postby oneh2obabe » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Seeing that both Justin and Alexandre were born on December 25th, who said they weren't celebrating their birthday?
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Piecemaker likes this post.
oneh2obabe
Insanely Prolific

Liked in: 5068 posts

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:44 pm

JLives wrote:We get it. You hate Trudeau for no good reason. No need to make 18 threads a day b*tching about every minor thing.

Me and several of my friends have worn shirts just like this leading up to the holidays. What makes you think religion can't be poked fun at? And you and I both know Mohammed is not associated with Christmas.

Who died and made you Queen? People are free to post what's on their minds.

Other than the picture posted the OP made no reference to Christmas. His point, and its a good one , is that Justin is an idiot who has a double set of standards for whatever suits him including religion.

Can't get rid of him soon enough.

7 people like this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Liked in: 242 posts

Postby JLives » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:54 pm

generalposter wrote:Who died and made you Queen? People are free to post what's on their minds.

Other than the picture posted the OP made no reference to Christmas. His point, and its a good one , is that Justin is an idiot who has a double set of standards for whatever suits him including religion.

Can't get rid of him soon enough.

It's an ugly Christmas sweater that he wore on Christmas. That's the Christmas reference. What religion is associated with Christmas? There's no double standard for that reason.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5288 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 4:58 pm

I'm confused - the sweaters replace heads with emoticon-like smiley faces. How is this mocking Christianity? I'd consider it more of a celebration of Christianity.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Liked in: 174 posts

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:08 pm

JLives wrote:It's an ugly Christmas sweater that he wore on Christmas. That's the Christmas reference. What religion is associated with Christmas? There's no double standard for that reason.

Well obviously you can only grasp one new idea at a time. Now that you've been schooled on my first point let's get on to the second one shall we?

The fact that it is a Christmas orientated picture and sweater is entirely unrelated to the OP's point. The point is that a mockery is being made of the Christian religion and that it is unlikely he would dare mock Muslims. The uproar would be deafening.

Picture could be Easter friggen Sunday with Jesus in a bunny suit , the point remains the same.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Postby Queen K » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:11 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I'm confused - the sweaters replace heads with emoticon-like smiley faces. How is this mocking Christianity? I'd consider it more of a celebration of Christianity.

Hi Horganismyhero, the shirts are showing Leonardi Da Vinci's, "The Last Supper."

It's a famous biblical scene which Christians have learned of since they've had Bibles at all.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/64372/15 ... ast-supper

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... %2022:7-38
Last edited by Queen K on Dec 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

vegas1500 likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10773 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:14 pm

Queen K wrote:Hi Horganismyhero, the shirts are showing Leonardi Da Vinci's, "The Last Supper."

It's a famous biblical scene which Christians have learned of since they've had Bibles at all.

Uh, yeah, I'm well aware of the painting and the biblical story as is everyone.

I asked why replacing the heads with smiley fasces is considered mocking Christianity. Smiley faces are offensive now?

JLives likes this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:15 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:I'm confused - the sweaters replace heads with emoticon-like smiley faces. How is this mocking Christianity? I'd consider it more of a celebration of Christianity.

It's ok to be confused. There's a lot going on here. These are sacred images to millions of people and best not to mock them , especially when you represent the entire Canadian population on the worlds stage. Who was that fellow that made cartoon characterizations of Mohamed and had to go into hiding because of death threats? Rushdi comes to mind?

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:15 pm

generalposter wrote:These are sacred images to millions of people and best not to mock them

This doesn't answer my question. Why is adding smiley faces "mocking?"
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Postby Queen K » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:16 pm

To some, replacing Jesus' head with a smiliey is sacrilage.

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
Queen K wrote:Hi Horganismyhero, the shirts are showing Leonardi Da Vinci's, "The Last Supper."

Uh, yeah, I'm well aware of the painting and the biblical story as is everyone.

I asked why replacing the heads with smiley fasces is considered mocking Christianity. Smiley faces are offensive now?

Fair enough. And only if you hate Justin Trudeau as much as Gone Fishin does. Which is quite evident by the numbers of anti-JT threads he has started.
If you have castanet friends on your facebook friend list, set your privacy setting on the friend list as "Only me." Just call, "Nagging Internet Wife" for all your problem nemesis'.

JLives likes this post.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10773 posts

Postby coffeeFreak » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:Classless Trudeau brothers wear sweaters that mock Jesus and the celebration of the Last Supper. Would it be against the law if they were mocking Mohammed?

Where is the source to this picture, as it is so easy to photoshop anyone one, into anything these days. And look at the walls and ceiling...looks like a flashback from the 70s.
Last edited by coffeeFreak on Dec 30th, 2017, 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2 people like this post.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Liked in: 357 posts

Next

Return to Bickering Room