Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

The forum's Skid Road. DO NOT ENTER unless you're ready for a squabble.

Re: Justin and Alexandre Trudeau mock Christianity

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:22 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
generalposter wrote:These are sacred images to millions of people and best not to mock them

This doesn't answer my question. Why is adding smiley faces "mocking?"

The key word is "sacred".

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Liked in: 247 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:30 pm

generalposter wrote:The key word is "sacred".

Can you put the key word in a sentence that answers my question? You do realize that famous religious painting have been altered for years upon years and no one cared until JT worse some sweater with smiley faces?

If his sweater included devil faces then okay, but smiley faces? Cmon people.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Liked in: 178 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:32 pm

The key word is desperate. With real substantive issues to discuss this is it - again? C'mon people.

(did anyone happen to notice whether or not he was wearing a poppy at Halloween this year?)
Last edited by Ka-El on Dec 30th, 2017, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views

2 people like this post.
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3098 posts

Postby Gone_Fishin » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:34 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:Can you put the key word in a sentence that answers my question? You do realize that famous religious painting have been altered for years upon years and no one cared until JT worse some sweater with smiley faces?

If his sweater included devil faces then okay, but smiley faces? Cmon people.

Why do you dig so deeply to defend someone that is openly defacing what is a sacred image to millions of people? Trudeau shows extremely poor judgment. He holds an office upon which there is an expectation of high standards of being respectful to all beliefs. Again, what do you think would be the reaction if Trudeau did this with a sacred religious picture of Mohammed? I would expect Muslims would be outraged, and rightly so. You should be too, if you had any respect for other people's beliefs.
When you're dead, you don't know you are dead. It is only difficult for the others.

It's the same when you are stupid.
Gone_Fishin
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 2279 posts

Postby Queen K » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:36 pm

Judging from which posts GF has hit the "like" button on this, as long as you're a man pointing out the point of the thread. :up:
Terror Twins Inc. Castsumi and QK, at your disposal. We take Bitcoin. Applications to be our accountant and lawyer presently accepted.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10814 posts

Postby Fancy » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Looks a lot like my head table - has nothing to do with the Last Supper. Sheesh - I should have made those sweaters myself and made a fortune.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Liked in: 5230 posts

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:41 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:Why do you dig so deeply to defend someone that is openly defacing what is a sacred image to millions of people?

I'm not even defending him right now. I'm just confused why adding some smiley faces to a painting is such a big deal. Sacred or not, it's art and people can alter it.

Have you or no one you know never taken an art class that involves taking a famous painting and changing it around to be more modern? Yes, "sacred" images are also included in these projects. I guess we should be burning all these art teachers at the stake for being heathens.

2 people like this post.
HorganIsMyHero
Fledgling

Liked in: 178 posts

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:53 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
I'm not even defending him right now. I'm just confused why adding some smiley faces to a painting is such a big deal. Sacred or not, it's art and people can alter it.

Have you or no one you know never taken an art class that involves taking a famous painting and changing it around to be more modern? Yes, "sacred" images are also included in these projects. I guess we should be burning all these art teachers at the stake for being heathens.

I will try to explain this to you one more time.

The point is that if the same joke was made about Muslims and Mohamed it would not be tolerated. Secondary to that is the fact that he holds the highest office in the country and should show more class and respect.

This has nothing to do with some art student putting a mustache on Jesus or the entire history of art throughout the ages including different renditions of classic pieces.

Why do some of you have to twist things around in order to justify your disagreement with the OP? Most of you are reading far too much into the point. Take it for what is and you can agree or disagree. And to bring gender into the equation is just pathetic..desperately grasping at straws. Perhaps the OP simply appreciates someone that can comprehend the message.
Last edited by generalposter on Dec 30th, 2017, 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gone_Fishin likes this post.
generalposter
Fledgling

Postby GordonH » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:53 pm

oneh2obabe wrote:Seeing that both Justin and Alexandre were born on December 25th, who said they weren't celebrating their birthday?

You have a very valid point (since it is their birthday), plus it's usually those who are not secure in there beliefs that tend to raise a fuss over this stuff.

Piecemaker likes this post.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6156 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby generalposter » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:55 pm

^^^^^^

What a bunch of fluff.
generalposter
Fledgling

Postby Queen K » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:57 pm

generalposter wrote:
HorganIsMyHero wrote:

I will try to explain this to you one more time.

The point is that if the same joke was made about Muslims and Mohamed it would not be tolerated. Secondary to that is the fact that he holds the highest office in the country and should show more class and respect.

This has nothing to do with some art student putting a mustache on Jesus or the entire history of art throughout the ages including different renditions of classic pieces.

Why do some of you have to twist things around in order to justify your disagreement with the OP? Most of you are reading far too much into the point. Take it for what is and you can agree or disagree. And to bring gender into the equation is just pathetic..desperately grasping at straws. Perhaps the OP simply appreciates someone that can comprehend the message.

I completely comprehend the message. Why do you think I made the links for anyone who doesn't? The OP and I have a bit of history, :up: I'm makin' my own fun.
Terror Twins Inc. Castsumi and QK, at your disposal. We take Bitcoin. Applications to be our accountant and lawyer presently accepted.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 10814 posts

Postby Ka-El » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:58 pm

generalposter wrote: The point is that if the same joke was made about Muslims and Mohamed it would not be tolerated.

Thank goodness we live in Canada and not some caliphate. I know more than a few Christians and I've never met one to take offence to humor (I got a great Good Friday joke I can tell you). You think we should behave more like the extremists expect?
research shows right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low
childhood intelligence that tend to grow up to be conservative with racist and homophobic views
Ka-El
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 3098 posts

Postby JLives » Dec 30th, 2017, 5:58 pm

GordonH wrote:You have a very valid point (since it is their birthday), plus it's usually those who are not secure in there beliefs that tend to raise a fuss over this stuff.

They don't care one whit about the shirts. They are just having another case of the vapors over JT. I'll get the smelling salts.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."

3 people like this post.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 5304 posts

Postby Fancy » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:00 pm

It's not even close to the actual painting - not even a smidgen.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

Postby Fancy » Dec 30th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Gone_Fishin wrote:Classless Trudeau brothers wear sweaters that mock Jesus and the celebration of the Last Supper. Would it be against the law if they were mocking Mohammed?

Mocks head tables at weddings around the world maybe - or my dining room table.

HorganIsMyHero likes this post.
Fancy
The Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to Bickering Room